FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Elroch

Being able to change pet spec!

Hi all,

Enjoying the new expac, hope you are all too.  I have a question for my hunter colleagues, would you like to see Blizzard reverse the restrictions on pet specs and allow them to switch?  For instance, I adore the new Serpent models, but the spec is Cunning only.  I would gladly PVE with this pet as a troll anytime. 

Was there a specific reason why Blizz locked the pets into defined rolls?

Thank you!

All three specs are viable for PvE and deal the same damage, the only difference being the utility they provide.

As to why they make them non-switchable...

"class fantasy" maybe?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

Why can you not PvE with Serpent? Your dps will not be impacted. If you like your Serpent you go on with your bad self. If you find that you are running out of hit points often during a fight you may want to switch to a pet that offers a little more survivabilty but if you don't need the health perks from the other specs, play what make you enjoy playing. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sisco said:

Why can you not PvE with Serpent? Your dps will not be impacted. If you like your Serpent you go on with your bad self. If you find that you are running out of hit points often during a fight you may want to switch to a pet that offers a little more survivabilty but if you don't need the health perks from the other specs, play what make you enjoy playing. 

It would be the loss of Lust for those "oh sh*t" moments.  Only Ferocity gives that bonus. 

But you are all right, there is probably little difference between any of the specs right now.

Thank you for the replies!

ime, Cunning is bad for PVE because it has lower health than the tank types and no leech to keep health up...there may be a Cunning pet that has a specific self heal. But, the couple I liked the look of I stopped using because it was harder to pull large groups and keep it alive.