FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fubbler

Buff/Debuff tracker

Hello,

First of all, please not that I'm a relatively new player to wow (around a year)

I've just finished browsing curseforge in my search for an addon and... im confused.

I am looking for an addon that would help me with tracking buffs and debuffs on my target.

Most players recommend using ElvUI and Weak Auras, although i find them extremely hard to configure.

I was looking for an addon that would show buffs, preferably as bars with timers, reminding to refresh a DoT including 'pandemic' - can any of You guys recommend such an addon?

Also I am quite confused everytime someone mentions setting a focus on a target, specifically how easy it is for them. Can you tell of of an easy way to set focus? (rather than right-clicking set focus?)

I am not sure whether that's a good section to ask such questions, please don't mind me.

I use TellMeWhen for most of my timers. It's a lot easier to set up but not as flexible as WA. Still takes some basic understanding of Boolean Logic to fully utilize though.

You can also check out some WeakAura Presets at https://wago.io/ 

I don't use focus target myself, but I assume most people control it through macros (i.e. "/focus" to set focus target, "/target focus" to cast at focus target.)

(Keep in mind that focusing doesn't necessarily mean setting something as your focus. Sometimes it just means to to make it the main priority of your attention, i.e. if a guide tells you to focus trash mobs, it just means to kill them first.)

2 hours ago, jinsu2301 said:

(Keep in mind that focusing doesn't necessarily mean setting something as your focus. Sometimes it just means to to make it the main priority of your attention, i.e. if a guide tells you to focus trash mobs, it just means to kill them first.)

This is a great remark, i didnt even think someone could understand rhis in such a way. It makes me laugh if i think of that awkward situation where raidleader sais focus target and everyone just set it as focused target and keep DPS other tarhets ?

Back to topic: yeah, i barely use it, but it could be helpful if you have to reCC tagets during a fight. So i use a macro to set and unset focus based on left or right mouseclick (or use modifier as ctrl or shift) . Then you can create another macro where you control if you CC current or focused target (and switch automatically back to current target).