FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Infjustice

Trinkets on guide Bis list incorrect?

For both survival and marks, the bis list says that haromms and detonator are the best, but from what I've seen elsewhere, bis is haromms and assurance. Is assurance only bis for heroic? Or is the list just incorrect?

Here are the two tops dps profiles from elitist jerks
http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=16004

http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=16897

Edited by Infjustice

Both Midwinter hunters use Ticking Ebon Detonator and Assurance, which is odd since everything I read showed Haromms as the best. Not sure what to say on this subject, as I haven't looked at BiS hunter gear since 5.4s release day, but I'm curious as to the answer to this.

• Like 1

Well, assurance is bis for BM without a doubt. However, for marks and SV, I can understand why it's not. The marks specific cd reduction is silencing shot, so good for pvp, not so much or pve. SV specific is black arrow, and for that you can get 100% uptime with the lfr version, so after that it's not really worth it other than the Agi proc.

The detanator is a massive, decremental agi proc. I personally don't like decremental/incremental procs unless they last longer or have a better proc rate than other trinkets.

Even my own sims are showing assurance is better. You still get a lesser CD on rapid fire and stampede, that amounts for something.I wonder if the sim is overvaluing something. Maybe I'll run an assurance/detonator sim when I get home

Haromms and Assurance are the better trinkets to have for MM/SV. Detonator's is good for BM (just keep an eye on that proc)

I will say though you shouldn't evaluate anyone's gear alone. It's better to have a chat with the player first. I know personally there are times when I try to evaluate different stat weights, gem choices, talents/glyphs.