Aevrus

Shatter, Crit, Procs and other questions

Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

Hi Mages.

I have a question regarding statting, and considering crit, as it relates to Procs from Trinkets/Azerite traits etc.

Currently, My mage; Aevrus https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/emerald-dream/Aevrus sits at 19% Passive Crit, well below the shatter cap of 32%.

In general play I often see myself well above the shatter cap, peaking at around 45% crit I believe, because of procs etc from various items.

My question is this; Is that wasted crit? Are those procs from traits/enchants better used by choosing something else? I'm not entirely sure, since I sit below the crit cap anyways. Should I factor in procs/enchants/food when statting myself? 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Aevrus said:

Currently, My mage; Aevrus https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/emerald-dream/Aevrus sits at 19% Passive Crit, well below the shatter cap of 32%.

That is totally normal and we Frost mages will stay like this for a bit more...

 

15 hours ago, Aevrus said:

In general play I often see myself well above the shatter cap, peaking at around 45% crit I believe, because of procs etc from various items.

That isn't too bad since you are reaching the shatter cap in those situations. But as long as you can't really guarantee a "good" uptime of those buffs you should continue stacking up crit.

 

15 hours ago, Aevrus said:

My question is this; Is that wasted crit? Are those procs from traits/enchants better used by choosing something else? I'm not entirely sure, since I sit below the crit cap anyways. Should I factor in procs/enchants/food when statting myself?

The crit values above the shatter cap are only wasted in situations where you actually shatter a mob. Spells on not frozen targets have a higher chance to crit then as well.

I guess your procs are from trinkets and azerith traits which both will/should be replaced soon (as long as you're raiding).  Therefore keep your enchants and everything to crit and get as close to the shatter cap as possible. Whenever you're below the cap and you cast Glacial Spike as example there is a chance where it doesn't crit which results in low DPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.