FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zrip

Question about Assassination

Ok so I've been watching the simcraft dps results a lot lately and see assassin exsang builds creeping up.  Now I was trying to see what intricacies they were doing in their rotation to make it sim as high as it is, and noticed something that confuses me a little.  In the sample sequence table I notice that they are casting garrote back to back (once from stealth and again after).  Is this actually a thing or is the simcraft results making an error?  Because I don't understand the reason to use garrote twice on the same thing, especially when it would be overwriting your empowered garrote right?

Here's the sample sequence table I'm referencing:

sample sequence.jpg

I don't play Rogue, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but from what I understand, the second Garrote still gets the Stealth buff if it's withing 3 sec of breaking stealth. So you do your first Garrote to get your Rupture on the target, and then your second to benifit from Elaborate Planning (and Bloodlust).

14 hours ago, Zrip said:

Oh that actually makes a lot of sense, i never considered elaborate planning.  Thanks ?

I think the bigger factor in this sim is Bloodlust though. It runs under the assumption that BL will be cast in the second between your first Garrote and Rupture.

Let's say your Shaman or Mage is a bit late or early on the button, or your group saves BL for a later point in the fight, and I'm not sure anymore if the 10% from Elaborate Planning is worth the Energy cost or the GCD.

Edited by jinsu2301
For some reason I thought it was 2008 again...

11 hours ago, Zrip said:

Oh that actually makes a lot of sense, i never considered elaborate planning.  Thanks ?

10 hours ago, jinsu2301 said:

I think the bigger factor in this sim is Bloodlust though. It runs under the assumption that BL will be cast in the second between your first Garrote and Rupture.

Let's say your Shaman or Mage is a bit late or early on the button, or your group saves BL for a later point in the fight, and I'm not sure anymore if the 10% from Elaborate Planning is worth the Energy cost or the GCD.

Bloodlust wouldn't make a difference, as Haste is dynamic for bleed ticks

I would bet a large sum of money that the reasoning is due to the Azerite trait Shrouded Suffocation. It gives extra combo points for free, meaning that Garrote is guaranteed to give more CP for less energy than Mutilate costs.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Carrn said:

Bloodlust wouldn't make a difference, as Haste is dynamic for bleed ticks

huh. Why the hell did I think it wasn't dynamic?!

2 hours ago, jinsu2301 said:

huh. Why the hell did I think it wasn't dynamic?!

Snapshotting like that used to be a thing, but was removed in WoD iirc. May have been Legion but whatever. The only class that snapshots like that is Feral, and only with select percent damage buffs (like our Garrote from stealth)

I don't understand in these logs why the dude uses rupture after garrote open instead of envenom. Because he reapplys a new rupture right after vendetta. I'm not sure that 4sec of rupture > envenom...

What am i missing ?

I've also got a question, why does the opener begin with Garrote -> Rupture -> Garrote but then after the vanish start Garrote -> Garrote -> Rupture? 

Cheers

16 hours ago, Tsuid said:

I don't understand in these logs why the dude uses rupture after garrote open instead of envenom. Because he reapplys a new rupture right after vendetta. I'm not sure that 4sec of rupture > envenom...

What am i missing ?

1. Getting bleeds out is paramount for Energy generation
  2. A low CP Rupture can be easily added to by a high CP one to take maximum advantage of the Pandemic effect 
12 hours ago, Guba said:

I've also got a question, why does the opener begin with Garrote -> Rupture -> Garrote but then after the vanish start Garrote -> Garrote -> Rupture? 

Cheers

I'd have to actually do it myself and see but I imagine it has to do with the buff durations. That screencap doesn't really provide a full picture