FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
CelestialFreak

Seabreeze VS Dread Gladiator

Hey guys

This is my first post, so I first wanted to thank you for your amazing guides which I have made use of extensively.

Now on to the point, the other day I did some arenas and got my PVP staff: Dread Gladiator (345), since then I have been flip flopping between my other staff Seabreeze (340) and the new one trying to figure out which one works better. On one hand, as an Aff lock, the Seabreeze's proc is enticing while the stats on the Dread Gladiator are superior. 

According to Raidbots top gear, I got to go with the PVP staff but I wanted to have some experienced human input as well. 

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/Dominusdolor

Edited by CelestialFreak

Seabreeze is nothing special.  Overall it sims about equal with weapons of similar item levels, but it's completely RNG and proc-based which can be pretty annoying. 

I'd go with the PvP one 

• Thanks 1

You know i was wondering the same thing. With Mythic + coming out getting a 370+ Seabreeze sounds awesome.

I had mine till i replaced it with  Flamestaff.

The thing proceed ALL the time as an affliction lock.

Anyone wanna run the numbers to see if it'd be BiS ? XD 

that is if you're doing Mythic +7-15 keystone..

12 hours ago, iTw3ak said:

You know i was wondering the same thing. With Mythic + coming out getting a 370+ Seabreeze sounds awesome.

I had mine till i replaced it with  Flamestaff.

The thing proceed ALL the time as an affliction lock.

Anyone wanna run the numbers to see if it'd be BiS ? XD 

that is if you're doing Mythic +7-15 keystone..

The only Flamestaff I know drops from Fetid and that doesn't have a proc (and not great stats). What weapon are you talking about?

38 minutes ago, spikeysquad said:

The only Flamestaff I know drops from Fetid and that doesn't have a proc (and not great stats). What weapon are you talking about?

The order of wording is just confusing. The comment about the proc was in regards to Seabreeze, not the Flamestaff.

6 hours ago, jinsu2301 said:

The order of wording is just confusing. The comment about the proc was in regards to Seabreeze, not the Flamestaff.

Ah ok my bad. It's actually obvious now! 

Seabreeze's RPPM is only 0.7 (according to Wowdb) so in general it shouldn't proc that often. I'm with the above poster and would rather take more stats over a proc any day. Of course if the staff is much higher than your other weapon(s) it may be better.  

On 9/16/2018 at 1:16 PM, spikeysquad said:

Ah ok my bad. It's actually obvious now! 

Seabreeze's RPPM is only 0.7 (according to Wowdb) so in general it shouldn't proc that often. I'm with the above poster and would rather take more stats over a proc any day. Of course if the staff is much higher than your other weapon(s) it may be better.  

sorry about my wording, i was on no sleep when i wrote that.

I was trying to see if a Higher Level Seabreeze would be better then  Regurgitated Flamestaff.

If they're both ilvl 370.  Missing 150 of X stat  base doesnt seem like it would be better then a 1000 Proc that you have 60% uptime on? 

33 minutes ago, iTw3ak said:

If they're both ilvl 370.  Missing 150 of X stat  base doesnt seem like it would be better then a 1000 Proc that you have 60% uptime on? 

It wouldn't, but that's not the actual stats though.

First off, the Flamestaff has a combined 230 in secondaries. Second, the uptime for the Seabreeze proc is only about 30% (or 0.7 rppm), and it's not a flat 1200, but it grows from 120 up to 1200 over 30 seconds. So unless you make specific use of that short period when it ticks really high, it's about 600 haste on average, take that for a third of the time, and you effectively have a staff with ~200 Haste.

If you are lucky with your procs and can utilize them fully, it is a great staff. If you are unlucky and it procs in situations when you don't need it, it's trash. And that RNG alone makes it pretty bad in my book.

Edited by jinsu2301
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, jinsu2301 said:

It wouldn't, but that's not the actual stats though.

First off, the Flamestaff has a combined 230 in secondaries. Second, the uptime for the Seabreeze proc is only about 30% (or 0.7 rppm), and it's not a flat 1200, but it grows from 120 up to 1200 over 30 seconds. So unless you make specific use of that short period when it ticks really high, it's about 600 haste on average, take that for a third of the time, and you effectively have a staff with ~200 Haste.

If you are lucky with your procs and can utilize them fully, it is a great staff. If you are unlucky and it procs in situations when you don't need it, it's trash. And that RNG alone makes it pretty bad in my book.

fair enough, thats why i was asking for opinions hah