FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Grand Challenger's Bounty Awards 1 Piece of Loot

qH7dK6e.jpg

During Battle for Azeroth Beta, Towelliee discovered that the weekly Grand Challenger's Bounty awarded up to three pieces of loot, but this week, players opened their caches and found just one. Blizzard clarified that it was never intended for the cache to award more than one weekly high-end item and it works just like it did in Legion.

Streamer Towelliee opened his cache on Battle for Azeroth Beta and received up to three items. The drop rate was probably increased for testing purposes and was never intended to go live.

Let us know what you received down in the comments!

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Is it a bug or intended for the m+ weekly catches to have only 1 pieces. Many of my friends and guildies only got 1 piece. We thought it was up to 3 pieces.

For a few weeks in the Battle for Azeroth Beta, the chest dropped more than one item. The intended design and behavior of the chest is to award one weekly high-end item, just like it did in Legion.

For additional context and clarity: this change was made months ago, during the BfA Beta, in response to player feedback that a random chance for 1-3 items in the weekly M+ cache felt bad for players who only got 1 item. The cache has only rewarded one item since late June.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

PPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.....

This can't be real.. then how the hell get Azerite Armor? Even raid personal loot, so really-really low the chance to get that.. AND again I need to do a mythic raids (what not even care me already) just to be able do high tier dungeons?! Oh my god, it was terrible in Legion and they just make it even worse. Terrible way to bind our hands and force to do this do that -.-" 

• Sad 1

TL;DR

We have 3 major pieces of gear less accessible than Legion legendaries. This crappy system can be easily fixed/made tolerable by some options I laid out in more detail, but knowing Blizzard, probably not. 

It sure would have been nice of them to clarify this during beta when the testers made this observation (very publicly). Seriously, this has taken the mechanics behind Azerite armor from dumb to cancerous. It doesn't drop in M+ so there is no way to target or farm pieces AND they are lumped in with every other piece of gear in your weekly chest? There are plenty of Azerite pieces, and plenty of them are garbage, so a random Azerite piece is not unreasonable at all. The older I get, the less interest I have in raiding, and M+ was the perfect solution to that. Rather than raid with 20 "good dudes" or people I get along with, I can do content of a similar intensity (literally infinite scaling) in a much more reasonable window of time having school, a job, a family, children that need attention, and with a group of 4 other people who are "friends" that I get along really well with. It was a perfect solution Blizzard! But now, you have turned three major armor slots into a system worse than the legendaries in Legion. At least with legendaries you could find a good piece for that slot until you found that special item. 

So how do they fix this system? It's broken but it's not irreparable. An easy fix: make weekly chests drop two pieces of gear. One from the standard loot table and one piece of Azerite. Let's say the pool of Azerite pieces in the chest is limited to dungeon drops (reasonable for the chest being a reward for dungeon content). Off the top of my head, I think there is something like 15 pieces for each slot. So that means every week you get one single chance at a loot table of 45 pieces. Azerite is more sensitive to "bad items" because some of those traits really are just crap. This brings up the problem of "too much gear too quickly" but as the weekly chest is the ONLY source of a head, shoulder, or chest item from M+ dungeons, this is a hole there is not but to go down. And, with (again estimated off the top of my head) 45 pieces, the chances are incredibly small that you will get the piece, or even slot you are after. Remember, the item level from this season M+ is going to be obsolete in a few months when the new tier/season comes out. So even with this solution it would still be impossible to get every piece of Azerite gear at the current cap before then. 

So how about a poorer solution? You could let Azerite pieces drop in the chest at the end of the dungeon. Why is this a poor solution? Because it brings up the issue of what ilvl the drop will be. Azerite doesn't titanforge so having it drop at the same ilvl as the rest of the loot in the dungeon sucks. You could have it so if an Azerite piece drops in a dungeon, it drops at the same ilvl as the weekly cache would give you for that level of content. That sucks too because now the weekly cache has 3 item slots that are worthless, along with the drops at the end of the dungeon themselves being diminished.

Or you could let Azerite armor titanforge when it drops, which fixes both problems, or rather shifts the problem to titanforging which please god just let it go away. What happened to the days when you do a dungeon, you kill a boss, you get a loot. That you gave us a scrapper this expansion is so funny to me, it's like you know all the items you're throwing at us are crap. Now we have a surplus of crafting materials and nothing to make out of them. Other than of course the two BOP items that require a tremendous amount of farming top tier content to craft anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Baelfyer said:

TL;DR

We have 3 major pieces of gear less accessible than Legion legendaries. This crappy system can be easily fixed/made tolerable by some options I laid out in more detail, but knowing Blizzard, probably not. 

It sure would have been nice of them to clarify this during beta when the testers made this observation (very publicly). Seriously, this has taken the mechanics behind Azerite armor from dumb to cancerous. It doesn't drop in M+ so there is no way to target or farm pieces AND they are lumped in with every other piece of gear in your weekly chest? There are plenty of Azerite pieces, and plenty of them are garbage, so a random Azerite piece is not unreasonable at all. The older I get, the less interest I have in raiding, and M+ was the perfect solution to that. Rather than raid with 20 "good dudes" or people I get along with, I can do content of a similar intensity (literally infinite scaling) in a much more reasonable window of time having school, a job, a family, children that need attention, and with a group of 4 other people who are "friends" that I get along really well with. It was a perfect solution Blizzard! But now, you have turned three major armor slots into a system worse than the legendaries in Legion. At least with legendaries you could find a good piece for that slot until you found that special item. 

So how do they fix this system? It's broken but it's not irreparable. An easy fix: make weekly chests drop two pieces of gear. One from the standard loot table and one piece of Azerite. Let's say the pool of Azerite pieces in the chest is limited to dungeon drops (reasonable for the chest being a reward for dungeon content). Off the top of my head, I think there is something like 15 pieces for each slot. So that means every week you get one single chance at a loot table of 45 pieces. Azerite is more sensitive to "bad items" because some of those traits really are just crap. This brings up the problem of "too much gear too quickly" but as the weekly chest is the ONLY source of a head, shoulder, or chest item from M+ dungeons, this is a hole there is not but to go down. And, with (again estimated off the top of my head) 45 pieces, the chances are incredibly small that you will get the piece, or even slot you are after. Remember, the item level from this season M+ is going to be obsolete in a few months when the new tier/season comes out. So even with this solution it would still be impossible to get every piece of Azerite gear at the current cap before then. 

So how about a poorer solution? You could let Azerite pieces drop in the chest at the end of the dungeon. Why is this a poor solution? Because it brings up the issue of what ilvl the drop will be. Azerite doesn't titanforge so having it drop at the same ilvl as the rest of the loot in the dungeon sucks. You could have it so if an Azerite piece drops in a dungeon, it drops at the same ilvl as the weekly cache would give you for that level of content. That sucks too because now the weekly cache has 3 item slots that are worthless, along with the drops at the end of the dungeon themselves being diminished.

Or you could let Azerite armor titanforge when it drops, which fixes both problems, or rather shifts the problem to titanforging which please god just let it go away. What happened to the days when you do a dungeon, you kill a boss, you get a loot. That you gave us a scrapper this expansion is so funny to me, it's like you know all the items you're throwing at us are crap. Now we have a surplus of crafting materials and nothing to make out of them. Other than of course the two BOP items that require a tremendous amount of farming top tier content to craft anyway. 

Dude copy this thoughts to official forum as well and even send as suggestion : ) 

• Like 1

Wow... That is utterly pathetic. I thought I just got screwed on RNG when I only got one bit of loot on each of my two 120s, ring and belt (both of which weren't upgrades...), but to find out that the change floating around wasn't actually a change... AFTER THE FACT... really annoys me. They couldn't have let us know back during beta?

Hell couldn't they just change the cache to one bit of non-azerite loot and one bit of azerite loot considering you can't get the stuff from M+?

Also I thought we'd be able to coin the weekly cache, nope, can't do that either.

• Like 1