FORUMS
Starym

Reorigination Array Buff Mechanics Clarifications

37682-uldir-azerite-traits-in-battle-for

It's finally time for Blizzard to explain just how exactly the Reorigination Array buff works - it's a small catch-up/nerfing mechanic making Uldir a bit easier every week. Today saw a lot of forum activity, with Ythisens explaining everything, so let's get to it.

In case you didn't know, Reorigination Array is a buff you get when you have one of these two Azerite powers equipped: Laser MatrixLaser Matrix or Archive of the TitansArchive of the Titans. What it does is add 75 of your highest secondary stat per stack, and you gain 1 stack every week if you kill 3 Uldir bosses on any difficulty. It stacks 10 times and it starts counting your kills even before you get either of the 2 Azerite powers that enable it.

Here's the ore detailed explanation as well as followup answers:

Blizzard LogoReorigination Array (source)

It is a clever system but I do have some insight to share on how it works. Apologies for the lengthy description but I wanted to explain it given what you pointed out now that I have some information to share on it.

So Reorigination Array is a secondary bonus to traits from Archive of the Titans or Laser Matrix. When those are selected on a piece of Azerite gear that is equipped it provides Reorigination Array. This is a passive buff that is always up while you're inside the instance. This also doesn't stack with multiple traits that provide Reorigination Array.

There is a Reorigination Array hidden quest associated to your character that tracks and gradually improves this buff over time as you progress week over week within Uldir. Every week there is essentially a weekly quest that tracks your kills, and once you kill 3 bosses in Uldir you gain a stack added to Reorigination Array. You do not need a piece for this to track your kills. So if you killed 3 bosses last week and got your piece this week with Archive of the Titans, don't worry as you'd correctly be at 2 stacks if you killed 3 bosses this week as well. This stacks up to 10 and each stack provides 75 of your highest secondary stat. This also tracks regardless of difficulty so you can even track and obtain the items with these traits on Raid Finder.

Once you obtain a piece you'll notice the Reorigination Array tooltip changes depending on some certain conditional statuses. If you haven't killed any bosses this week in Uldir it will read additionally "Defeat 3 more powerful foes in Uldir to increase the effectiveness of Reorigination Array.". This will be under the current bonus it provides if you have earned any stacks already. As you kill bosses for your weekly count you'll see this counter go down until it disappears as you've earned your 3 needed kills for the week and you'll instantly get that next stack.

Nope! You don't need to have a piece with the trait to earn progress. So if you complete the quest for 5 weeks on Normal killing Taloc, MOTHER, and Fetid and then finally get say the plate helm with Archive of the Titans on week 6 from Taloc, then when you select Archive of the Titans and equip it it should show you have 5 stacks of Reorigination Array, and the tooltip should read that you need to kill 2 more bosses as you killed Taloc already for the week.

The progress is character based so if you get a better Azerite piece that provides Reorigination Array then you still have the same stack level. So there's no punishment for swapping items at all.

LFR does in fact grant it and the pieces as well. You essentially have 4 chances per week of getting the piece if a singular boss drops one that you need (LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic) plus seals plus weekly quests that grant you a cache that contains a random piece of Uldir gear, guildies or other raiders not needing and willing to trade, etc. There is an insane amount of opportunities to get the pieces that have them, as well as you always earn progress each week toward the stacking as long as you get the three boss kills on any level. You can do 2 bosses on normal and 1 on heroic or any other combination of difficulties and it still credits the same.

It will be the highest stat value, not percentage.

Correct. Heroism/Bloodlust doesn't provide a raw stat value increase, its just a flat 30% haste buff. So Heroism/Bloodlust wouldn't affect it. Trinkets could though if they do proc and that is enough to push you in one direction or another.

Correct. You would only have one stack of Reorigination Array and multiples of Archive of the Titans or Laser Matix wouldn't affect it in any way. It would still function as if there was only one. However the effects from Laser Matrix and Archive of the Titans should behave and stack like similar traits, just not Reorigination Array.

Correct, Reorigination Array only works while you're in Uldir.

1 hour ago, tkioz said:

Err bit dull but I wont say no to another 150 haste rating.

it goes up to 750 of your secondary stat. that's... quite a bit of secondary stat

Edit: It's, a fair bit more than any piece you'll wear this tier even. 370 boots only give like 173 secondary stats

Edited by Aegrotat

39 minutes ago, Aegrotat said:

it goes up to 750 of your secondary stat. that's... quite a bit of secondary stat

Edit: It's, a fair bit more than any piece you'll wear this tier even. 370 boots only give like 173 secondary stats

I was more mention that's how much I've got now after two resets, but even 750 isn't anything to write home about. Oh I'll take it and it will help, but compared to the other raid wide stuff they did in previous expansions it really is rather dull, I'd take my pantheon trinkets anyday.

1 hour ago, tkioz said:

I was more mention that's how much I've got now after two resets, but even 750 isn't anything to write home about. Oh I'll take it and it will help, but compared to the other raid wide stuff they did in previous expansions it really is rather dull, I'd take my pantheon trinkets anyday.

It honestly is something to write home about. getting 4 and a half pieces of gear worth of secondary stats is.. a pretty damn good increase. Sure it's maybe not the pantheon trinket, but it fits the purpose better being a progression supporting item.

It's meant to help people beat the raid easier, which means people that can't beat the final boss can still get and use this to help potentially down him, AND it works with LFR which the pantheon trinkets didn't. It's also pretty impressive to get something like this in the very first raid tier

750? Thats a lot. 

7 hours ago, Starym said:

Plus I suppose some nerf will come to this trait. For me a massive +-4% overall dmg what is also a lot and I have only 1 item with that. Btw can this even stack?

3 hours ago, Aegrotat said:

It honestly is something to write home about. getting 4 and a half pieces of gear worth of secondary stats is.. a pretty damn good increase. Sure it's maybe not the pantheon trinket, but it fits the purpose better being a progression supporting item.

It's meant to help people beat the raid easier, which means people that can't beat the final boss can still get and use this to help potentially down him, AND it works with LFR which the pantheon trinkets didn't. It's also pretty impressive to get something like this in the very first raid tier

It's a decent increase but it's boring. That's my main gripe with it, I would rather something interesting.

2 hours ago, tkioz said:

It's a decent increase but it's boring. That's my main gripe with it, I would rather something interesting.

That's subjective, big hoss.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2018 at 6:11 AM, ValED said:

That's subjective, big hoss.

Purely passive, stacks through content you'll be doing regardless, zero rotational impact.. You'd be hard-pressed to give an objective reason for why it isn't boring. Because really, it is boring.

Not that I'm against it, since it's just a tack-on to the trait system, which is where their focus is for meaningful gameplay changes. It's good for what it's made for, but that's no reason to laud it for something it isn't.

On 9/18/2018 at 10:13 PM, Seresu said:

Purely passive, stacks through content you'll be doing regardless, zero rotational impact.. You'd be hard-pressed to give an objective reason for why it isn't boring. Because really, it is boring.

Not that I'm against it, since it's just a tack-on to the trait system, which is where their focus is for meaningful gameplay changes. It's good for what it's made for, but that's no reason to laud it for something it isn't.

Never lauded, good reading skills... There's a nugget of a good concept in there with bad execution.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Ny'alotha, the Waking City comes with a raid skip and once you defeat the first boss, you'll receive the raid skip quest and must collect 4 Corrupted Flesh Samples from the raid's penultimate boss to gain access to the skip.
      Players on 8.3 PTR discovered that once you defeat Wrathion, you will receive the "Ny'alotha: MOTHER's Guidance" quest, which unlocks a raid skip, granted that you've defeated the raid's eleventh boss, Carapace of N'Zoth, four times. After that, you should be able to skip straight to Carapace of N'Zoth without having to deal with the rest of the bosses.
      Ny'alotha is a twelve-boss raid and it's a good thing that they decided to include a raid skip.

Image courtesy of Redditor u_ok
      Other Patch 8.3 Content:
      Visions of N'Zoth Class Changes Visions of N'Zoth Development Notes New Forsaken Leadership in Patch 8.3 (Spoilers) Azshara's Bargain and the Key to Defeating N'Zoth (Spoilers) I'lgynoth's Whispers in Patch 8.3 (Analysis) Allied Races & Pandaren Death Knight Textures Added on 8.3 PTR Death Knight Starting Zone Revamp Hints in Patch 8.3 Official Mechagnomes & Vulpera Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Racials Mechagnome & Vulpera Unlock Requirements Vulpera Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Dance Animations Vulpera Tidbits: Racial Mount, Shaman Totems, Hunter Pet Corrupted Rings with Kiss/Curse Effects from Ny'alotha New Essences in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Cloth Sets Preview Ny'alotha Leather Sets Preview Ny'alotha Mail Sets Preview Ny'alotha Plate Sets Preview Wrathion's Legendary Cloak Preview New Dubloon Vendors Selling Island Expedition and Invasion Crates in Patch 8.3 Alpaca Mounts in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth Serpent Mount in Patch 8.3 Aqir Flying Mount in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Allseer Mount in Patch 8.3 Assaults in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth's Model in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Raid Boss Names & Descriptions Goblin & Worgen Heritage Armor Sets Preview Visions of N'Zoth Content Update Preview
    • By Stan
      Finally, we're looking at Mail Armor Sets that drop in Ny'alotha.
      Mail Sets from Ny'alotha, the Waking City
      Raid Finder

Normal Difficulty

Heroic Difficulty

Mythic Difficulty

Other Patch 8.3 Content:
      Visions of N'Zoth Class Changes Visions of N'Zoth Development Notes New Forsaken Leadership in Patch 8.3 (Spoilers) Azshara's Bargain and the Key to Defeating N'Zoth (Spoilers) I'lgynoth's Whispers in Patch 8.3 (Analysis) Allied Races & Pandaren Death Knight Textures Added on 8.3 PTR Death Knight Starting Zone Revamp Hints in Patch 8.3 Official Mechagnomes & Vulpera Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Racials Mechagnome & Vulpera Unlock Requirements Vulpera Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Dance Animations Vulpera Tidbits: Racial Mount, Shaman Totems, Hunter Pet Corrupted Rings with Kiss/Curse Effects from Ny'alotha New Essences in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Cloth Sets Preview Ny'alotha Leather Sets Preview Ny'alotha Plate Sets Preview Wrathion's Legendary Cloak Preview New Dubloon Vendors Selling Island Expedition and Invasion Crates in Patch 8.3 Alpaca Mounts in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth Serpent Mount in Patch 8.3 Aqir Flying Mount in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Allseer Mount in Patch 8.3 Assaults in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth's Model in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Raid Boss Names & Descriptions Goblin & Worgen Heritage Armor Sets Preview Visions of N'Zoth Content Update Preview Ny'alotha Raid Testing: October 17th & 18th
    • By Stan
      Cross-Realm Mythic Eternal Palace opens next week and Blizzard just announced nerfs for Lady Ashvane and Queen Azshara on Mythic difficulty to go live with it on October 22.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Hello!
      Earlier this week, the Mythic Hall of Fame for Azshara’s Eternal Palace reached its capacity, and guilds around the world have until the next weekly reset in each region to earn their Feat of Strength. At that time, Mythic difficulty will become available to cross-realm groups.
      Along with the closure of the Hall of Fame and the Achievement, we intend to make the following tuning changes during weekly maintenance in each region:
      Dungeons and Raids
      Azshara’s Eternal Palace Lady Ashvane Lady Ashvane’s health reduced by 5% in Mythic difficulty. Waterlogged periodic damage reduced by 10% in Mythic difficulty. Rippling Wave damage reduced by 10% in Mythic difficulty. Queen Azshara The "Stand Together!" and "Stay!" decree combination is no longer possible in Heroic difficulty. Overzealous Hulk and Tidemistress health reduced by 10% in Mythic difficulty. Draining Azshara’s Ancient Ward now reduces its energy by an additional 5 points in all difficulties. Empowering a Ward of Power now increases its energy by an additional 5 points in all difficulties. Healer-specialization characters are now less likely to be targeted with decree combinations that include “March!” in all difficulties. Short Circuit now drains 10% less energy from the affected Ward in all difficulties. Essence of Azeroth now has an increased duration if there are fewer than 20 players in the raid in Normal and Heroic difficulties, and lasts 30 seconds (was 25) in Mythic difficulty. As always, we’ll let you know here if we decide to make any further changes.
      Thank you very much!
    • By Stan
      Our preview of Patch 8.3 continues with a first look at racial abilities of the upcoming Allied Races.
      Mechagnome Racials
      Mechagnomes have two active abilities available at level 24. The first one allows you to summon clones to distract enemies and the second one allows you to open locked chests and doors that require Lockpicking.
      Hyper Organic Light Originator - Summon Organic Light duplicates to distract your foes. (Instant, 3 min cooldown) Skeleton Pinkie - Allows opening of locked chests and doors that require a skill level of up to 600. (1.5 min cooldown) As a Mechagnome, your limbs work as a Blacksmithing Anvil, Cooking Fire, and Mining Forge. You have a self-heal at your disposal, which heals you for a fifth of your total health whenever you fall below 20% health. The final passive racial passive gradually increases your primary stat (Int/Str/Agi) by 50 every 5 seconds, up to a maximum of 400 when fighting the same target.
      The following racial passives are available to Mechagnomes:
      Combat Analysis - You gather and analyze combat data every 5 sec, increasing your primary stat by 50, stacking up to 8 times. The data decays while out of combat. Mastercraft - You function as a personal Blacksmithing Anvil, Cooking Fire, and Mining Forge. In addition, your limbs include every profession tool. [NYI] Re-Arm - When you fall below 20% health, heal for 20% of your maximum health. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2.5 min. Languages - Common, Gnomish. Vulpera Racials
      Active abilities embrace the scavenger/camping fantasy of the Vulpera. You can set up a camp and return back on a 1-hour cooldown. Next, you have a bag of tricks, used to heal your allies or deal damage to enemies.
      Bag of Tricks - Pull your chosen trick from the bag and use it on target enemy or ally. Enemies take 14 damage, while allies are healed for 28. (Instant, 1.5 min cooldown) Rummage Your Bag - Change the contents of your Bag of Tricks. Now where did you put that...? [NYI] (5 sec cast, 5 min cooldown) Make Camp - Make a camp at this location. Can only be used outdoors. (5 sec cast) The racial creates a camp with fire, a tent and an explosive backpack at your location. You can use Return to Camp as your secondary Hearthstone on a 60-minute cooldown to return back. The camp is visible for others for five minutes and then disappears.

Return to Camp - Return to your camp. (10 sec cast, 60 min cooldown) When used, there's a short cutscene with a caravan transporting you back to your camp starts playing.

Passive abilities include a Fire damage reduction by 1%, 5% damage reduction when you first take an enemy hit, and you can find additional bags of goods whenever you kill a humanoid.
      The following racial passives are available to the Vulpera:
      Fire Resistance - Reduces Fire damage taken by 1%. Nose For Trouble - When you first take damage from an enemy, reduce that damage by 5% of your maximum health. Vulpera Survival Kit - You have a chance to find an additional satchel of goods when you kill a humanoid. Languages - Orcish, Vulpera. Other Patch 8.3 Content:
      Visions of N'Zoth Class Changes Visions of N'Zoth Development Notes New Forsaken Leadership in Patch 8.3 (Spoilers) Azshara's Bargain and the Key to Defeating N'Zoth (Spoilers) I'lgynoth's Whispers in Patch 8.3 (Analysis) Allied Races & Pandaren Death Knight Textures Added on 8.3 PTR Death Knight Starting Zone Revamp Hints in Patch 8.3 Official Mechagnomes & Vulpera Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Unlock Requirements Vulpera Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Dance Animations Vulpera Tidbits: Racial Mount, Shaman Totems, Hunter Pet Corrupted Rings with Kiss/Curse Effects from Ny'alotha New Essences in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Cloth Sets Preview Ny'alotha Leather Sets Preview Ny'alotha Plate Sets Preview Wrathion's Legendary Cloak Preview New Dubloon Vendors Selling Island Expedition and Invasion Crates in Patch 8.3 Alpaca Mounts in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth Serpent Mount in Patch 8.3 Aqir Flying Mount in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Allseer Mount in Patch 8.3 Assaults in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth's Model in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Raid Boss Names & Descriptions Goblin & Worgen Heritage Armor Sets Preview Visions of N'Zoth Content Update Preview Ny'alotha Raid Testing: October 17th & 18th
    • By Stan
      Ny'alotha Allseer is a N'Zoth-themed mount added to the game in Patch 8.3. It is rewarded from a quest and could very well be the end-of-expansion reward for everyone, who defeats N'Zoth on Heroic difficulty before the next expansion, similar to Legion's Kirin Tor Summoning Crystal.
      Ny'alotha Allseer
      "To find him, drown yourself in the Circle of Stars."

Run Animation
      The mount shares animations with The Hivemind.

Other Patch 8.3 Content:
      Visions of N'Zoth Class Changes Visions of N'Zoth Development Notes New Forsaken Leadership in Patch 8.3 (Spoilers) Azshara's Bargain and the Key to Defeating N'Zoth (Spoilers) I'lgynoth's Whispers in Patch 8.3 (Analysis) Allied Races & Pandaren Death Knight Textures Added on 8.3 PTR Death Knight Starting Zone Revamp Hints in Patch 8.3 Official Mechagnomes & Vulpera Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Unlock Requirements Vulpera Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Dance Animations Vulpera Tidbits: Racial Mount, Shaman Totems, Hunter Pet Corrupted Rings with Kiss/Curse Effects from Ny'alotha New Essences in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Cloth Sets Preview Ny'alotha Leather Sets Preview Ny'alotha Plate Sets Preview Wrathion's Legendary Cloak Preview New Dubloon Vendors Selling Island Expedition and Invasion Crates in Patch 8.3 Alpaca Mounts in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth Serpent Mount in Patch 8.3 Aqir Flying Mount in Patch 8.3 Assaults in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth's Model in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Raid Boss Names & Descriptions Goblin & Worgen Heritage Armor Sets Preview Visions of N'Zoth Content Update Preview Ny'alotha Raid Testing: October 17th & 18th