FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Frenzzyy

Assassination rouge DPS help

Hello Rogue community :),

I should start by saying that I have been playing rogue (sin) only since BfA, before that a Warrior, so all the combo point and energy system is quite new for me. The thing that I have noticed is that I have problems with energy management, I just don't know what is the right time to only auto attack, because when I have all the bleeds up ( garrote and rapture / toxic blade when cd up) I just spam Mutilate to use Envenom, the question is what should I be doing after I get all my bleeds up on the target. About Vanish I implemented that just recently and now whenever the cd is up, i try to use that to reapply garrote to get that 80% damage increase. Also I have not been using poisoned knife as often as I should, because I usually don't see how much stacks I have on that, does anyone have a WA so they can see how much stacks they have? In raid bots I have estimated damage 10k fighting a patchwerk style boss, fighting Fetid Devourer I only get 5.7K. So please Icy-vens pimp out my dps.

Raidbots - https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/frWYN5PGxXQcX2Cb6nLqSL

Warcraftlogs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wMYRG64mxnBAvjQh/#fight=28&type=damage-done&source=31 (The name is Frenzzyy)

Hey

Ass is very less pooling dependant than Sub, and much more forgiving due to the huge energy pool. I always ensure to hit all of my mutilates durning the 5 sec Elaborate Planning, and durning high energy gen times (like Bloodlust-Vendetta opener) I will always refresh the buff on at the very last moment to ensure my Envenom gains the 10% damage buff.

General rule I follow is just casting Envenom when the buff on yourself needs to be refreshed, whilst obviously not wasting energy. This can be ignored if you have Toxic Blade active, and it's normally best just to get around 100-120 energy just before using Toxic Blade to ensure you can gain the most from the poison buff, again hitting Envenon at the very last moment of Elaborate Planning buff benfits hugely durning Toxic Blade windows.

On a last note- As long as you're not wasting energy or combo points your damage should always be fine. A problem I noticed when I first starting playing Ass/Sub, was that I was mindlessly pressing my combo point gens as soon as I could. (I played combat in MoP/WoD) You're never really losing out on damage, unless you're overcapping your energy and combo points.

My Logs- https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/26698617#

12 hours ago, SquashedFly said:

Hey

Ass is very less pooling dependant than Sub, and much more forgiving due to the huge energy pool. I always ensure to hit all of my mutilates durning the 5 sec Elaborate Planning, and durning high energy gen times (like Bloodlust-Vendetta opener) I will always refresh the buff on at the very last moment to ensure my Envenom gains the 10% damage buff.

General rule I follow is just casting Envenom when the buff on yourself needs to be refreshed, whilst obviously not wasting energy. This can be ignored if you have Toxic Blade active, and it's normally best just to get around 100-120 energy just before using Toxic Blade to ensure you can gain the most from the poison buff, again hitting Envenon at the very last moment of Elaborate Planning buff benfits hugely durning Toxic Blade windows.

On a last note- As long as you're not wasting energy or combo points your damage should always be fine. A problem I noticed when I first starting playing Ass/Sub, was that I was mindlessly pressing my combo point gens as soon as I could. (I played combat in MoP/WoD) You're never really losing out on damage, unless you're overcapping your energy and combo points.

My Logs- https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/26698617#

Can I add you on bnet for some more questions?