FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kodeine

Assassination improvement

Hello fellow rogues,

I cleared Uldir normal with my guild, and I was reviewing the fights and rankings on each boss on warcraftlogs.com.

There was another assassination rogue in the raid, with similar iLvl, and yet he is getting a much better ranking for me on most of the fight.
The one fight I was fairly confident about my DPS was Zek Vos.
Here are the rankings for that fight:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nzkC2ZNv4Ja9b6K7/#fight=22&view=rankings

I am Malt, and the other assa is Uncut.

As you can see, my score is only 56, and his is 85. My buff uptimes are pretty good, what am I doing wrong?

My logs for this fight:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nzkC2ZNv4Ja9b6K7/#fight=22&source=12

The other rogue:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nzkC2ZNv4Ja9b6K7/#fight=22&source=118

Thanks for your insights!

Malt

Hello Malt,

From looking at both of your logs there is one thing that stands out the most:

Uncut has the Azerite Trait Shrouded Suffocation 3 times. It is by far the absolute best Azerite Trait for assa rogues atm and therefore has a huge impact on DPS.

Azerite Traits really define what your DPS output is and you should always try to get the best ones/the best one 3 times at least when it comes to the outer ring.

Shrouded Suffocation greatly increases the damage of Garrote when cast from stealth, also synergising with your talent Subterfuge aswell as your cooldowns Vendetta and Vanish. Using everything together is absolute key to deal most DPS with assa rogue atm.

You on the other hand have all different Azerite Traits in the outer ring. 

Laser Matrix is good, but also nice to have it stacked rather than having it only once.

I recommend you visit www.bloodmallet.com for more details on Azerite Traits for you class/spec.

And i would like to remind you that for example a 340 Helmet with the BiS Azerite Trait is still better than having a 370 Helmet without it. It sucks the way it is but for now we have to deal with it.

I understand your logic as to why 3x SoS when timed correctly with aforementioned talents makes this trait optimal when playing assassination spec; That being said, can you shed some light as to how the DPS sim is calculated on the website you mentioned? I see that "Sharpened Blades" is on par with, and actually exceeds SoS trait in DPS when stacked 3x. Are the simulations not taking into account the scaling DPS in the event that SoS trait is used in conjunction with Vendetta and Subterfuge when applying Garrote? 

Edited by Metasapien

On 9/21/2018 at 10:42 AM, Metasapien said:

I understand your logic as to why 3x SoS when timed correctly with aforementioned talents makes this trait optimal when playing assassination spec; That being said, can you shed some light as to how the DPS sim is calculated on the website you mentioned? I see that "Sharpened Blades" is on par with, and actually exceeds SoS trait in DPS when stacked 3x. Are the simulations not taking into account the scaling DPS in the event that SoS trait is used in conjunction with Vendetta and Subterfuge when applying Garrote? 

Bloodmallet's stuff is normally done with a set of select talents, using the same for all traits unless otherwise stated (Outlaw has DS sims, for example).