FORUMS
Stan

Patch 8.1: Tides of Vengeance Overview

37143-battle-for-azeroth-live-developer-

Game Director Ion Hazzikostas talked about Patch 8.1 today and we've got the details!

• Tides of Vengeance is the first content patch of BfA and it will be available for testing on PTR by the end of the week.
  • It's time for the Alliance to strike back.
  • Incursions are a new feature reminiscent of Legion assaults.
  • We're going to be looking at Saurfang, Tyrande (her feelings and the aftermath of seeing Teldrassil burn in front of her eyes), and what has become of Vol'jin.
  • Heritage Armor is coming to non-Allied Races. Dwarves and Blood Elves are first. No massive rep grind is behind this. If you're at max level and Exalted with Ironforge, you can start the quest for racial identity and get Heritage armor. On the Blood Elf side they will explore the Dead Scar (not many know that it was the aftermath of Lich King's incursion).
  • New Warfront is coming. Alliance is going to try and reclaim Darkshore. The Warfront is heavily themed after Undead vs. Night Elves.
  • The outdoor zone of Darkshore will be updated similar to Arathi Highlands for max level content.
  • We're going to have two new Islands. A vrykul-themed Island as well as a gloomy abandoned Gilnean city.
  • New Raid Zone "Siege of Zuldazar" is coming: It's quite different from any raid they've done before. The foe in this raid is the opposite faction. They have two complete separate experiences.
    • Slight spoilers ahead, one of the thing that the Alliance War Campaign is leading to is a direct strike at the Zandalari Fleet. You will join the Alliance forces including Jaina and fight your way up to the pyramid ascending to the top to confront Rastakhan.
    • Horde players will rush to its defense, beginning on the northern side of the pyramid ending with fighting Jaina in the High Seas.
    • The raid will house a total of 9 bosses.
    • Players will be able to recruit Kul Tirans and Zandalari Trolls after the raid. More details can be found here.
  • The Crucible of Storms (located under Shrine of the Storm) is a raid with 2 bosses that opens later after Zuldazar and hints at Azshara. It's the Trial of Valor of the expansion. It is going to give the Horde more Stormsong Valley lore, because they haven't had the chance to be properly introduced to the zone.
  • The patch is going to refine Azerite traits, the goal is to make them more complex, closer to set bonuses that have been removed.
  • The patch also focuses on system-wide improvements to the game and refinements of various features.
  • Champions of Azeroth reputation will be made account-wide.
  • Reputation achievements will be account-wide as well, but Alliance & Horde exclusive reps don't double count.
  • Race-specific transmog requirements are going to be lifted to faction transmogs. If you unlock it on one Horde race you can use it on other races without additional grinding.
  • Like 3

Well...the "race" for this raid will be interesting to say the least.    Unless both sides have identical powers, just on different NPCs.

• Like 1

Horde players will rush to its defense, beginning on the northern side of the pyramid ending with fighting Jaina in the High Seas. 

We get to kill some shit troll Rastakhan that most people don`t care about, i have completed ridiculous amount of world quests guided many turtles to the water i sometimes wonder where all them million of turtles people send to the water go, but this is to much blizz you are ruining wow with the amount of stupid decisions.

If they kill my favorite char in wow i`m so unsubscribing from this shitfest. 

Thank god Cyberpunk 2077 looks to be closer and closer.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Migol said:

Well...the "race" for this raid will be interesting to say the least.    Unless both sides have identical powers, just on different NPCs.

Probably each boss will have it's counterpart on the other faction, so different "skin" for same mechanics. Otherwise, it would have been a hell to balance and one faction might get easier/harder raid.

3 minutes ago, Drachar said:

Looks promising. Personally I was hoping for a huge raid with Azshara at the end, but maybe they are saving her for later.

They said this is supposed to be BfA 's Trial of Valor, and Nighthold was Gul'Dan (which is here Azshara is supposed to be this tier.)  

my guess would be this patch, then one more for Azshara.

I doubt they're going to kill off Jaina, at least this early in the expansion. Probably you'll defeat the forces get her on the ropes then she'll teleport out and you'll get a chest of loot.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dartbodman said:

I doubt they're going to kill off Jaina, at least this early in the expansion. Probably you'll defeat the forces get her on the ropes then she'll teleport out and you'll get a chest of loot.

Yeah, she's barely been in this expansion, and only at the end of all quests she was made Lord Admiral of Kul Tiras. She's going to end as leader for Kul Tiran human allied race. 

Rastakhan might die though, but he had a deal with Bwonsamdi, so perhaps he will return as undead spirit? Also, his lifespan was artificially extended by Rezan, but with him being killed during fight with Zul, Rastakhan didn't have much time left anyway. They want to push Talanji as a leader of Zandalar (and she was presented in art as Jaina's counterpart for the Horde), so I guess that's where this is headed.

Edited by Arcling

1 hour ago, Antimagic said:

Horde players will rush to its defense, beginning on the northern side of the pyramid ending with fighting Jaina in the High Seas. 

We get to kill some shit troll Rastakhan that most people don`t care about, i have completed ridiculous amount of world quests guided many turtles to the water i sometimes wonder where all them million of turtles people send to the water go, but this is to much blizz you are ruining wow with the amount of stupid decisions.

If they kill my favorite char in wow i`m so unsubscribing from this shitfest. 

Thank god Cyberpunk 2077 looks to be closer and closer.

Are you this hysterical about everything?

• Haha 5

I just wanna go ahead and say that Ion never said this was patch 8.1. This content seems like something that could be spread across multiple patches. I remember reading something that they were trying to move away from the numerical patch numbers.

Also you forgot to mention that the raid will actually have 9 bosses, since the Alliance will be able to access the Horde bosses and vice versa.

16 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

Now you can look like a blend between Magni, Muradin and Varian. Fuckin' amazing.

image.thumb.png.96a086a6c386ea7b0f171be55845a0d6.png

HOT. DAMN. is that the actual dwarf heritage armor? if so...

Well, I leveled up a dwarf paladin so I could see how the alliance lives (Horde for life, here.) and I am now SO FREAKING GLAD I DID. That armor is BEAST.

1 hour ago, literallysame said:

I just wanna go ahead and say that Ion never said this was patch 8.1. This content seems like something that could be spread across multiple patches. I remember reading something that they were trying to move away from the numerical patch numbers.

Also you forgot to mention that the raid will actually have 9 bosses, since the Alliance will be able to access the Horde bosses and vice versa.

It's true that he he didn't refer to it as 8.1. But he did say at multiple points that this was the next content patch (singular), though the third raid wouldn't be active right away.

It's too bad there wasn't an estimate of when 8.1 will be out. I've been wanting to make a Zandalari Warrior since they were first announced.

Also, how would the original races work? If you already have a 120 of that race then you get it's heritage armor? How would that work in regards to an example of having a 120 character and switching it to a different race?

8 hours ago, Stan said:

Reputation achievements will be account-wide as well, but Alliance & Horde exclusive reps don't double count. 

Niiice. My old main from TBC/Wrath has pretty much every rep from that and classic era maxed out, while my current main only has Legion/BFA maxed, and another toon has Panda, another Warlords and Cata. So this really should help out with the meta achievements.

8 hours ago, Stan said:

Champions of Azeroth reputation will be made account-wide.

I wont say no, but personally I'd have rather they bring back the MoP system where your alts got double rep. It made grinding easier while at the same time making thematic sense, with your main 'vouching' for your alts.

8 hours ago, Stan said:

Heritage Armor is coming to non-Allied Races. Dwarves and Blood Elves are first. No massive rep grind is behind this. If you're at max level and Exalted with Ironforge, you can start the quest for racial identity and get Heritage armor. On the Blood Elf side they will explore the Dead Scar (not many know that it was the aftermath of Lich King's incursion).

Oh I like this. Those Heritages armours the new races got were pretty slick, mostly because they were designed to fit on those models rather than the standard human then stretch we get with everyone else. I'll be hitting up the Belf one ASAP. Are there any pictures of it, or just the dwarf one?

8 hours ago, Stan said:

New Raid Zone "Siege of Zuldazar" is coming: It's quite different from any raid they've done before. The foe in this raid is the opposite faction. They have two complete separate experiences.

Meh. Another Horde city being attacked... can we please get a raid on an Alliance one instead?

1 hour ago, tkioz said:

Meh. Another Horde city being attacked... can we please get a raid on an Alliance one instead?

Sure how about a raid on the Exodar where horde go and set up an azerite bomb and blow the whole thing up. Damned draenei, cause of all the problems in the universe...

11 hours ago, PatrickHenry said:

10/10 troll post.  nothing to see there.

I'm not trolling, but that lady needs to calm her tits.