FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Negativity

Question about opener

During an opener with PI, if you get a barbed shot proc before popping aotw, is it better to delay kill command to get the cd on barbed shot rolling and putting you at 3 frenzy stacks faster, or is it better to kill command and barbed shot after for the 3rd frenzy stack?

4. Opener Sequence for Beast Mastery Hunter

This section describes the recommended way to start the fight as a Beast Mastery Hunter. It assumes you are using the recommended talents for the spec.

1. Just before the encounter starts, use your combat potion.
  2. About 1.5 seconds before the encounter starts, use Aspect of the Wild Icon Aspect of the Wild.
  3. Cast Barbed Shot Icon Barbed Shot once.
  4. Cast A Murder of Crows Icon A Murder of Crows.
  5. Activate Bestial Wrath Icon Bestial Wrath.
  6. Cast Kill Command Icon Kill Command.
  7. Cast Chimaera Shot Icon Chimaera Shot.
  8. Cast Cobra Shot Icon Cobra Shot.
  9. When Frenzy Icon Frenzy is just about to expire on your pet, use Barbed Shot Icon Barbed Shot again to refresh it. If you can delay it further than this point, then you should do so.
  10. Cast Cobra Shot Icon Cobra Shot.
  11. Cast Kill Command Icon Kill Command.
  12. Proceed with your normal rotation.

5. Primal Instincts Opener Sequence for Beast Mastery Hunter

This section describes the recommended way to start the fight as a Beast Mastery Hunter if you are using the Primal Instincts Icon Primal Instincts trait. It assumes you are using the recommended talents for the spec.

1. Just before the encounter starts, use your combat potion.
  2. About 1.5 seconds before the encounter starts, use Bestial Wrath Icon Bestial Wrath.
  3. Cast A Murder of Crows Icon A Murder of Crows.
  4. Cast Barbed Shot Icon Barbed Shot once.
  5. Cast Aspect of the Wild Icon Aspect of the Wild.
  6. Cast Barbed Shot Icon Barbed Shot.
  7. Cast Kill Command Icon Kill Command.
  8. Cast Chimaera Shot Icon Chimaera Shot.
  9. Cast Cobra Shot Icon Cobra Shot.
  10. Cast Cobra Shot Icon Cobra Shot.
  11. Cast Kill Command Icon Kill Command.
  12. When Frenzy Icon Frenzy is just about to expire on your pet, use Barbed Shot Icon Barbed Shot again to refresh it. If you can delay it further than this point, then you should do so.
  13. Proceed with your normal rotation.

You will have 2 charges of Barbed Shot until the shot right before AotW, so it is highly unlikely to get a charge between your first Barbed Shot and AotW. However, if by some miracle you cast Barbed Shot and are still at 2 charges when you finish the GCD, I think it  would be better to Barbed Shot again before AotW. Not only will this get you more time at 3 stacks of Frenzy while AotW is up but if you use AotW while you already have 2 charges of Barbed Shot, you are robbing yourself of the additional Barbed Shot charge that Primal Instincts gives.

• Like 1

I concern myself more with making sure I use BS at the last second to make my 3 stack last as long as possible and that seems to work better for me than trying to get to 3 stacks as fast as possible, only to not have another BS to extend.