FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Veox

Help me improve my holy paladin :)

Hey guys, What would you reccomend me to do with my paladin:

I have quite good gear, and i believe quite high spirit, what haste cap should I be?

Thank you very much

my WoL - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qx6bp826yc8gxkzx/

my armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Blazejumper/advanced

if possible can you give me a ask mrrobot template link if you reccomend me different stat weights, thank you.

Hey, I'd love to look through and see what I can find. From first glance your haste and mastery is very close in value, and I feel you could get a bit farther by putting a lot more into your mastery.

But for now I'm a tad busy, so I'll give a full look into your logs and armory in a bit. If you could get the AMR template for me now, it would save me some time when I go poking through. Thanks =)

Edit: I misunderstood your template link thing. I'll see what I can do

Edited by Fouton

Honestly man, I'm having trouble finding any problems. You have a bundle of spirit which brings you out of needing to cast holy light, which I've always been for. I prefer stacking spirit and just using heavier healing spells, which you've reached the item level where its really easy to do that. You're not running oom, and if you are you're making great use of little mana to keep up with the damage intake.

In a 10man haste has its uses because with only 1 other healer, you get out those casts a bit faster, so its not big gaps between heals when things are getting tense, you're combo'd with a resto druid which is a great setup. You've even ranked on two fights which shows you can put out the healing when the damage gets tough. AMR and I normally would suggest you pick up more mastery, as that haste isn't worth getting breakpoints with unless you're really close to them, but you're making great use out of everything.

There's one thing I do notice though. In 11 kills, you cast Hand of Sacrifice 7 times, when it has no negative effects since you glyphed it. Also your Avenging Wrath was used 8 times, when you could have used it up to 19 or so times like your other powerful healing CDs. I do understand the 'hold it incase you need it' reasoning, but I find you get more mileage out of just using it when you feel it can help save some spell casts and mana. You also have a low usage of Potion of Focus, which I imagine is because you're feeling fine on mana, perhaps you can lower your spirit a tiny bit to pick up some more mastery, or perhaps that extra mana makes you feel safer incase things go bad.

Either way, you're doing great, and the deaths don't really look like they were youre fault. I can't be sure as I wasnt there, but it looks like you did a great job overall. In fact, tell your silly ret paladin who killed himself with Hand of Sac to consider glyphing it wink.png Ret glyphs are mostly situationally good, so if he glyphs it and uses it to help cleanse on Fallen Protectors you'll also stop losing people during that fight!

Edited by Fouton

Honestly man, I'm having trouble finding any problems. You have a bundle of spirit which brings you out of needing to cast holy light, which I've always been for. I prefer stacking spirit and just using heavier healing spells, which you've reached the item level where its really easy to do that. You're not running oom, and if you are you're making great use of little mana to keep up with the damage intake.

In a 10man haste has its uses because with only 1 other healer, you get out those casts a bit faster, so its not big gaps between heals when things are getting tense, you're combo'd with a resto druid which is a great setup. You've even ranked on two fights which shows you can put out the healing when the damage gets tough. AMR and I normally would suggest you pick up more mastery, as that haste isn't worth getting breakpoints with unless you're really close to them, but you're making great use out of everything.

There's one thing I do notice though. In 11 kills, you cast Hand of Sacrifice 7 times, when it has no negative effects since you glyphed it. Also your Avenging Wrath was used 8 times, when you could have used it up to 19 or so times like your other powerful healing CDs. I do understand the 'hold it incase you need it' reasoning, but I find you get more mileage out of just using it when you feel it can help save some spell casts and mana. You also have a low usage of Potion of Focus, which I imagine is because you're feeling fine on mana, perhaps you can lower your spirit a tiny bit to pick up some more mastery, or perhaps that extra mana makes you feel safer incase things go bad.

Either way, you're doing great, and the deaths don't really look like they were youre fault. I can't be sure as I wasnt there, but it looks like you did a great job overall. In fact, tell your silly ret paladin who killed himself with Hand of Sac to consider glyphing it wink.png Ret glyphs are mostly situationally good, so if he glyphs it and uses it to help cleanse on Fallen Protectors you'll also stop losing people during that fight!

Thank you very much for a such as detailed response. regarding the haste you mean go to soft caps which i am close to without reforging to much into it? so round up/round down? also looking at the amplification trinket graph i am over haste capped technically, or are you saying haste caps are good but bonus haste is nice as it makes me cast faster? :)

I mean to say if you're to them they are worth the slight adjustment, in general. I wasn't trying to say you need to fix that, I was just explaining why your use of haste is not as bad as people think. Usually Mastery comes as a much better stat, Ask Mr Robot is trying to make you put an 2-3k mastery into that because it doesn't believe in haste at all.

Ask Mr Robot also doesn't seem to have the amplification trinket portion into it's generic haste cap lists, so I ended up forgetting about it entirely. Either way, You're doing excellent so keep it up :)

Ask Mr robot automatically adjust your haste values when you have the amp trinket.

The trinket gives you pure STATS. Not a % (even though it's a percentage of those stats, i.e. The more you have the more value you get from the trinket)

Since these values are already accounted for on your character sheet, there's no reason for Mr. Robot to give separate haste values and confuse their users.

What people don't seem to realise is that the spreadsheets that give "haste value with amp" is that those are the values WITHOUT equipping the trinket.

The actual haste caps don't change, just the amount you need to get there.

The amp trinket can be thought of as a piece of loot with haste, crit, mastery and spirit rating on it that scales with your gear. (which is what makes it so strong)