FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Class Tuning (Buffs) for October 2nd

1 minute ago, Kozzie said:

I'm thinking ol' Prophet001 tried playing a Fire Mage and failed or didn't understand it and couldn't keep up with the demands of the rotation.  Probably a 1-2 button masher.

Yeah that's great. Throw out insults b/c I didn't rubber stamp your opinion.

-_-

Just now, Prophet001 said:

Yeah that's great. Throw out insults b/c I didn't rubber stamp your opinion.

-_-

I changed the name reference - secondly, I don't need your confirmation - Fire Mages are 100, no 110 percent viable - just like EVERY spec and toon - as you have shown - every spec brings specific utilities to the game.  I'll gladly take my 150% increase in damage at 30 percent when everyone else is on CD's with cheeks pinched hoping this attempt is a kill.  Enjoy and hope your day gets better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prophet001 said:

I know that.

What's the point you're trying to make. They had arms stacked too for the same reason.

The point is, if it was not for Scorch and BL they would not have taken a Mage at all, fire, frost or arcane. Did you see the dmg difference BM hunter had vs the mage in the Method world first kill? like 10k dps difference. 

I am not saying mage isn't viable. But making a statement that just because a top guild had one in the raid during a boss fight and therefore it does not need tuning is ridiculous.

Edited by Giftless

6 hours ago, jinsu2301 said:

Now, I'm gonna be completely honest, I haven't played feral since raids opened (my guild has too many melees already) but strictly going by sims, my feral is neck and neck with my balance, and that is without the upcoming 4%. Also, looking at the few feral logs that are out here, in terms of DPS, the spec delivers. It is far from non-viable.

The true issue lies in that it's still awkward to play, due to overreliance on RNG with crits and freecasts, as well as Bloodtalons being mandatory but very punishing when not played correctly.

there are 2 real problems. One is that Balance actually isn't that great right now either, especially as you get up in gear because they don't scale all that amazing. The other is that sims are... iffy, when you're doing them on such an RNG reliant class. People don't like to feel energy starved and losing dps because they can't get a crit to keep their dots up without having to bank a large sum of energy at all times

5 hours ago, Kozzie said:

This is about the dumbest comment about Fire Mages that I have seen since the start of BFA - 358 Fire Mage here and even without this incoming damage buff, have been in the top 3-5 in dps on most Uldir Heroic bosses.  This persons comments are a prime example of people that make wild statements with ZERO experience.  Intellect - Mastery - Versatility are the top three stats for a fire mage - then haste-crit.  So, my question to this person - Since you know so much - What number is a Fire Mage suppose to have?  What is a good number Mr. Expert?  Secondly, I've taken out several Frost Mages in our charts, while using all of my movement skills to soak during Vectis, or run the ball in G'hunn.

My own opinion about fire mages are that for a spec that is strongly based around its critical strikes, it makes little sense that Crit would be their weakest stat, they are performing okay at the moment in terms of damage numbers with the correct stats, but for me, crit makes the spec more fun and fluid, without feeling like I am just spamming fireballs outside Combustion.

7 hours ago, Kozzie said:

I'm thinking ol' Tkioz tried playing a Fire Mage and failed or didn't understand it and couldn't keep up with the demands of the rotation.  Probably a 1-2 button masher.

You're being very rude you know that right? You can state an opinion without personal attacks.

I played Fire almost exclusively during Legion and really enjoyed it, both in raid and M+, but come BFA? I simply don't enjoy it at all. Oh I can pull numbers, but it still feels awful.

On 9/30/2018 at 5:07 AM, TheLucasJack said:

I've recently leveled up a feral druid after playing my other two characters, a Tank warrior and an Elemental Shaman (Cries in weak classes) .

What I could see, the problem of feral druids is in PVE. The reason, I think, it's that it's too reliable on crits to make it work and with a 20% crit chance it's almost impossible to make it work. Without any crits having to spend: 

Rake - 35 energy
Moonfire - 30 energy
Thrash - 40 energy
Shred - 40 energy
Shred - 40 energy
Savage Roar - 30 energy

Total: 215 energy to ramp up.

Just to start our actual DPS on a boss is insanely bad as you still have to waste energy to maintain those debuffs and if you're out of luck, you can barely maintain Rip + Savage Roar if you count energy regeneration + gcd. If you don't want to go with savage roar for single target, too bad, the alternative is to go full Ferocious bite which is the biggest energy spender for feral.

Just to be clear, I'm not whining about this but only showing what the complain is probably about. 

Im sorry, but i dont give a shit about how bad feral is in pve, cuz in pvp .. they are not weak, abit op i would say, and it's like these buffs are made towards pve, but they only grow stronger in pvp, im so sick of these indie dev class tunings

On 9/29/2018 at 7:10 AM, Prophet001 said:

There was a fire mage on Limit's G'huun kill. What are you even saying?

And he was at the dead bottom of dps meters, he was rocking 14 k dps while the top hunters were 22k+ lol and all the warlocks 20k+, it is just terrible.

Edited by Rudy199
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pregrowth said:

Im sorry, but i dont give a shit about how bad feral is in pve, cuz in pvp .. they are not weak, abit op i would say, and it's like these buffs are made towards pve, but they only grow stronger in pvp, im so sick of these indie dev class tunings

And this is why you aren't a game dev, because you are clearly biased. Sure, maybe feral is good in pvp, but 4%, because of the way numbers are reduced in pvp anyways, isn't going to make ferals some unkillable gods that walk the earth. a 4% damage buff in pve believe it or not, does not equate to a 4% damage gain in pvp because of how scaling works. And they can't just ignore a class completely because they're good in pvp.

I know people love to toss around the indie dev joke, but man people seriously seem to think balancing a game is so easy.

With my feral, i dont need more damage, i need more energyregeneration, it feels so clumsy after the first burst.

Other classes can use every gcd for damage, but we stand there and pooling ......

11 hours ago, tkioz said:

You're being very rude you know that right? You can state an opinion without personal attacks.

I played Fire almost exclusively during Legion and really enjoyed it, both in raid and M+, but come BFA? I simply don't enjoy it at all. Oh I can pull numbers, but it still feels awful.

I'm curious about what changed because aside from Phoenix Flames it's one of the least changed specs from Legion to BFA.

I keep seeing all these buffs for everyone EXCEPT MM hunters.  There are still some of us left who don't follow the "flavor of the month" crowd...  Please, Blizz, take a look and fix US.  

Edited by Magnumite
begging Blizzard to help us poor MM hunters

6 hours ago, Prophet001 said:

I'm curious about what changed because aside from Phoenix Flames it's one of the least changed specs from Legion to BFA.

I think (and this could be completely wrong since I don't really play my mage) that while the majority of the spec stayed the same, losing artifact traits and legendaries and potentially sets all compounded to make fire feel so different.

Artifacts were far more than just the one skill that they brought to the spec, as well, we have a lot less crit (people getting excited hitting 20% crit now when in legion we were hitting 40%) which is so integral to playing fire mage.

On 9/30/2018 at 1:41 PM, jinsu2301 said:

Now, I'm gonna be completely honest, I haven't played feral since raids opened (my guild has too many melees already) but strictly going by sims, my feral is neck and neck with my balance, and that is without the upcoming 4%. Also, looking at the few feral logs that are out here, in terms of DPS, the spec delivers. It is far from non-viable.

The true issue lies in that it's still awkward to play, due to overreliance on RNG with crits and freecasts, as well as Bloodtalons being mandatory but very punishing when not played correctly.

By sims alone, if I take a 6 ilvl drop and switch from Feral to Balance I get 500 more dps.

You have, however, hit the nail on the head. Feral is viable in the top of the playerbase, where the god-tier gamers can push any spec to it’s limits and execute flawlessly. The issue is that for the average Joe the spec is just stupidly hard to play, and you have huge dps drops for the slightest error - and even then, if you jump through all the hoops and play perfectly your dps is only “ok”. If it rewarded the difficulty with amazing numbers then it would be alright but it simply doesn’t.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:50 AM, ResoWho said:

Currently with the stacked uldir buff im at ~45% crit, with buffs up in fight im able to reach ~53% crit (overall my pyro had a crit rate of ~60% and my fireball >50% in uldir).  At the beginning of the addon fire wasnt really fun to play cause the lack of crit really hits hard, while i gain more and more crit now i finally have fun playing my mage again seeing those sweet crit chains. I appreciate that 5% dmg increase.

Fire used to be a spec for the top 1%. You didn't play it unless you were willing to suffer until you got the perfect gear setup, and then you did positively stupid things on the meters WHEN YOU WERE LUCKY. But in Legion, Fire wasn't like that. It gave up its old signature mechanics with the reworked Combustion, but it became playable as a fresh 110 and had great capabilities for burst AoE. The top end was cut down, but the bottom was brought way up. Now they've dramatically curtailed the amount of secondary stats, removed the baseline artifact ability but otherwise left things as they were.

It wasn't a great recipe for success for Fire in BFA. It's back to being a spec of the 1% but without the old Combustion craziness.

Edited by Tarazet