FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jatuu

Bestial Wrath and Frenzy

I am confused as to how you can guarantee you always have 3 stacks of frenzy for every BW.  I am told consistently that you must have it available, but following the guide priority rotation, I don't see how it is possible to maintain 3 stacks of frenzy overall for as long as possible while also always having it available for wrath unless you deliberately play wrong and let it fall off, sit on stacks 10 or so seconds before bw is available. 

Is there some "sweet period" where you stop trying to maintain stacks so you can have charges available (or frenzy stacks up) for bw? 

3 is helpful, but not mandatory, you just at least need to have one stack of Frenzy during BW. More is helpful. It is never wrong to sit on stacks for a little bit of time if it guarantees you more stacks for burst dps.

• It is worth casting Barbed Shot Icon Barbed Shot regardless of your charge status if Frenzy Icon Frenzy is down, and Bestial Wrath Icon Bestial Wrathis up. The idea is that you always want at least one stack of Frenzy active during Bestial Wrath, even if you cannot reach 3 stacks on it.

Even one stack of Frenzy during BW is a gain in itself, and having one or two regularly in every BW is going to be worth more over the duration of a long fight than trying to have 3 stacks every BW. Granted if it was a short fight and you knew you could only cast BW 3 times in a single fight and weren't able to get a fourth, it would be worth aiming for more stacks. It's just not worth pursuing 3 stacks of Frenzy for BW if you're sitting on BW off cd for 10 seconds before you use it.

But yes, that's essentially the idea is that if you want 3 stacks going into BW without a Wild Call proc, you have to sit on charges for a while.

- Sit on one charge, wait til ~5 seconds left until 2nd charge is ready
- pop 1st charge
- pop 2nd charge before 1st falls off
- pop 3rd before 2nd falls off
- ideally having BW coming off CD with that 3rd charge, or using that 3rd charge during BW.

Realistically, it's not always going to be possible for that sequence to line up absolutely perfectly, but that's what you'd want to do if you're trying to have 3 stacks during BW. 

3 stacks of Frenzy is not a major DPS gain at the cost of missing out on an extra BW during a fight if you're trying to delay it every single time. It only equates to a few % extra dps. 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2018 at 4:12 PM, Jatuu said:

I am confused as to how you can guarantee you always have 3 stacks of frenzy for every BW.  I am told consistently that you must have it available, but following the guide priority rotation, I don't see how it is possible to maintain 3 stacks of frenzy overall for as long as possible while also always having it available for wrath unless you deliberately play wrong and let it fall off, sit on stacks 10 or so seconds before bw is available. 

Is there some "sweet period" where you stop trying to maintain stacks so you can have charges available (or frenzy stacks up) for bw? 

Because of the CD reduction to BW, this is almost impossible. Lining everything up and worrying about it being executed properly would probably be a slight loss, as opposed to simply following the guide and at least making sure to have 1 stack during BW.

Thanks all. Appreciate the replies. 

Edit: I just recently got an azerite item that says pack apha is a dps increase over what I already was using, but I don't know how animal companion got through testing. The pet can't be healed, it dies all the time, I can't control it, and then it takes like 30 seconds to respawn.   THe alternative trait is unstable castalyst, which requires me to go find a puddle that may be in fire and I can't stand in anyway. These traits are terrible. 

Edited by Jatuu

On 10/2/2018 at 1:29 PM, Jatuu said:

Thanks all. Appreciate the replies. 

Edit: I just recently got an azerite item that says pack apha is a dps increase over what I already was using, but I don't know how animal companion got through testing. The pet can't be healed, it dies all the time, I can't control it, and then it takes like 30 seconds to respawn.   THe alternative trait is unstable castalyst, which requires me to go find a puddle that may be in fire and I can't stand in anyway. These traits are terrible. 

That sucks man. I hate both traits. I refuse to use pack alpha. That pet AI is just so damn frustrating. Unless I got a HUGE DPS gain out of sims, I would settle for the low uptime of the puddles and just stand in them when I can. You may get more DPS out of Alpha for the most part, but I doubt it would be that signifcant, and there may be situations where it is much much lower because your second pet dies.

The puddle usually spawns under you so just make sure you are always standing where you want to be for the next 10 seconds. I didnt realize it was at first and kept running out of it lol. 

• Like 1

I have to disagree with this, I have only been running AC, and now with Pack Alpha.

Ive been told that im losing a lot of dps

But I find that I am doing more DPS than any other hunter in BGS who even have better gear than me, and in duels I love that if I trap their pet they lose a lot of dps, but if they trap mine, especially if it is not my main pet I still get dps and access to kill command. Not to mention it confuses a lot of ppl

Currently I run the spirit (blue) raptor as my main for the health and defensive buffs, the spirit heal is amazing and the spirit shock is so good.

I would love to hear any feed back on this if anyone has some because no one talks about AC much

I really main PvP so it might be different for PvE raids and stuff

cheers guys

Edited by CLERIC

On 11/5/2018 at 9:45 PM, CLERIC said:

I have to disagree with this, I have only been running AC, and now with Pack Alpha.

Ive been told that im losing a lot of dps

But I find that I am doing more DPS than any other hunter in BGS who even have better gear than me, and in duels I love that if I trap their pet they lose a lot of dps, but if they trap mine, especially if it is not my main pet I still get dps and access to kill command. Not to mention it confuses a lot of ppl

Currently I run the spirit (blue) raptor as my main for the health and defensive buffs, the spirit heal is amazing and the spirit shock is so good.

I would love to hear any feed back on this if anyone has some because no one talks about AC much

I really main PvP so it might be different for PvE raids and stuff

cheers guys

Yes, PvP and PvE are very different. I think the OP was asking about PvE. If it is working for you and PvP that's great. Don't get too comfortable though, PA is going away in 8.1 on Dec 11.