FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sutt0n

Helltooth or Zunimassa

in everyones opinion which of the 2 sets is the best to run the Gargantuan Build with? (Zunimassa or Helltooth) im currently using helltooth but am looking into the Zunimassa's due to the fact that i can also utilize the Fetish Army "Legion of Daggers" Should i just stick to Helltooth and use Zombie Dogs or is the Zunimassa's Fetish Army a better build? 

Thanks for your help,

-Sutt0n

There isn't a lot to pick between them. The playstyles are slightly different mechanically, but damage-wise, they're pretty comparable.

Helltooth has the advantage that the main buff comes from dropping Wall of Death. It doesn't matter where you drop it, just that you do. With Zuni, you have to specifically hit an enemy with a spender to debuff them and activate the damage multiplier. From this perspective, Helltooth is easier and less clicky with zero concerns about Mana. Depending on your build (if you use Firebats like in this site's build guide), mana could very easily be an issue and you have to be much more active in combat.

In terms of survivability, if you use the Army of Daggers for 8 Fetishes, then the belt (or another method) to generate 15 more, that's 23 altogether. Assuming all 23 grant the Zuni 4-piece bonus, that's 69% DR which is pretty great. Helltooth gets 50% from its 4-piece. I've found no issues with Helltooth so far up to GR85 however and feel extremely robust indeed (with Endless Walk and the Harvester/Lakumba at 10 stacks). One thing to note also that Dogs can have life leech so they heal you, which fetishes don't. You could try to work Dogs into Zuni build but it would mean giving something else up. One advantage to Zuni is being 7 piece, you have some more flexibility in which items to not slot in.

If you have both 6 pieces, give them each a fair go. You'll quickly see the mechanical differences in playstyle and will be able to make an informed choice. In terms of effectiveness, I believe they're comparable and neither has a significant advantage or disadvantage against the other. They share a lot of same gear (Tasker Theo, Mask Jeram, Sacred Harvester, Lakumba, Short Man's Finger) so it's easy to try them both out and see how you find it. If you're going for the leaderboards, I couldn't answer that, tho I strongly suspect the answer will be Arachyr.

Edited by KingsGambit

3 hours ago, KingsGambit said:

There isn't a lot to pick between them. The playstyles are slightly different mechanically, but damage-wise, they're pretty comparable.

Helltooth has the advantage that the main buff comes from dropping Wall of Death. It doesn't matter where you drop it, just that you do. With Zuni, you have to specifically hit an enemy with a spender to debuff them and activate the damage multiplier. From this perspective, Helltooth is easier and less clicky with zero concerns about Mana. Depending on your build (if you use Firebats like in this site's build guide), mana could very easily be an issue and you have to be much more active in combat.

In terms of survivability, if you use the Army of Daggers for 8 Fetishes, then the belt (or another method) to generate 15 more, that's 23 altogether. Assuming all 23 grant the Zuni 4-piece bonus, that's 69% DR which is pretty great. Helltooth gets 50% from its 4-piece. I've found no issues with Helltooth so far up to GR85 however and feel extremely robust indeed (with Endless Walk and the Harvester/Lakumba at 10 stacks). One thing to note also that Dogs can have life leech so they heal you, which fetishes don't. You could try to work Dogs into Zuni build but it would mean giving something else up. One advantage to Zuni is being 7 piece, you have some more flexibility in which items to not slot in.

If you have both 6 pieces, give them each a fair go. You'll quickly see the mechanical differences in playstyle and will be able to make an informed choice. In terms of effectiveness, I believe they're comparable and neither has a significant advantage or disadvantage against the other. They share a lot of same gear (Tasker Theo, Mask Jeram, Sacred Harvester, Lakumba, Short Man's Finger) so it's easy to try them both out and see how you find it. If you're going for the leaderboards, I couldn't answer that, tho I strongly suspect the answer will be Arachyr.

Thank you for the information, im not to deadset on leaderboards to be quite honest i just want to be able to run 85-90 rifts and potentially get my Primal Ancients. I've found since i wrote this post that im quite pleased with Helltooth set and most likely i will remain using it. The fact that the dogs play such a key role in healing me makes me wanna lean towards helltooth, also the wall of death buff u mentioned. Once again thank you for the information 

Edited by Sutt0n