FORUMS
Stan

Doubleagent at Level 117

26206-doubleagent-dings-110-on-herb-and-

The legendary Pandaren Doubleagent has never left the Wandering Isle or picked a faction. In Legion, he was the first neutral player in the world to reach level 110 through Herbalism/Mining alone and he's back in Battle for Azeroth, determined to reach level 120!

Patience is a virtue. Or so they say...

Doubleagent is back and he's just dinged level 117! According to his Twitter, the player aims to reach Level 120 on October 27. For more updates you can check out his stream or Twitter. We wish him the best of luck!

Placeholder for tweet 1047552239357706240
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Magnumite said:

I wonder what his bank balance looks like with all the mats he's farmed...

Well, iirc, he can't sell them on the AH cause the turtle is a starter zone and doesn't have one. So that means the herbs and ore he harvests sell at a flat rate. so you could just calculate the xp gained per harvest multiplied by average herb/ore yield per node and you could get a ball park estimate of what his current gold amount is.

Edited by krapmyself
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, krapmyself said:

Well, iirc, he can't sell them on the AH cause the turtle is a starter zone and doesn't have one. So that means the herbs and ore he harvests sell at a flat rate. so you could just calculate the xp gained per harvest multiplied by average herb/ore yield per node and you could get a ball park estimate of what his current gold amount is.

If his other chars have the Bronto mount then he can sell it on AH.

23 minutes ago, Explodos said:

If his other chars have the Bronto mount then he can sell it on AH.

i dont think that he is able to learn the riding skill in the pandaren starting zone

• Thanks 1

All he really needs is a fan with one, not even another character.

I can't believe someone has the patience and time to do this. It's ridiculous.

The unemployment is strong with this one.

This guy is either a college student that doesn't go to class or someone that doesn't work and just plays WoW.

I'm not sure why we are celebrating that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

@geofferson I believe we are bona fide believe in this person has none of the above drawbacks but has an extremely strong will and determination to achieve what none has before and THAT IS admirable, don't you think?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, geofferson said:

This guy is either a college student that doesn't go to class or someone that doesn't work and just plays WoW.

Oh no, someone suggested that he is a (insert typical gamer stereotype, sans the 'mom's basement' comment)!

How original!  

He's playing the game in his own way.  I for one think its frickin interesting.  Im willing to bet your level of dedication to any aspect of the game is less.  especially considering his 'reward' is basically just people like me who think its interesting.  

Feel free to not pay attention to his progress :\

1 hour ago, geofferson said:

It's news. I don't think anyone is celebrating it, it's just .. Interesting.

What he does with his life is up to him, I couldn't care less. Not sure why you do?

Edited by Weltenfeind

WoW is a fantastic game because you play it like thw way you want: doing achievs, pvp, pve, doing things in AH ... and the one who likes to do leveling with his profession.

Its not ridiculous, its simply the way he´s having fun in the game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nxc said:

i dont think that he is able to learn the riding skill in the pandaren starting zone

Not only that but I'm not certain the AH would be accessible to a non-faction character.

I checked out his current profile. He's all decked out in 'looms and such. What puzzles me is he's wearing a Red Linen ShirtRed Linen Shirt . How does he have that? All I can think of is he changed professions for a bit, but for the purpose of the character it seems counter-productive.

23 hours ago, geofferson said:

Because it's dedicated people like him, that make our gaming community more diverse and interesting. If everyone were just after-work dad and mom players, nobody would hunt rare achievements or even seek challenges beyond the achievement system. So pay respect to the unemployed and lazy college students who make Warcraft a great experience for all of us!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, geofferson said:

You mean he's engaged in a time sink activity in a game that could largely be considered... a time sink?

BLASPHEMY 

On 10/5/2018 at 5:56 PM, CorneliusBrutus said:

Damn this boy geofferson getting fucking roasted lmao. Keep your trash opinions in the garbage please, Geoffrey.

It was a civilized discussion with different opinions - until you showed up.

Great job!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WedgeAntilles said:

It was a civilized discussion with different opinions - until you showed up.

Great job!

Captain Antilles, with all due respect, this is a good old fashioned roast of a dumb guy with a bad take. If you disagree, you can eat all of my butt. I look forward to your reply 3 days after it would be even close to relevant!

On 10/4/2018 at 10:30 AM, geofferson said:

100% pretty much what I was thinking! What is sad is that people think this makes the game more interesting, or better. But does it really... I think its just IV needing another article for quota - much like the articles you read on ESPN when its a slow day in sports.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CorneliusBrutus said:

I look forward to your reply 3 days after it would be even close to relevant!

I agree that I made a mistake with the 3 days - didn't realize the posting was quite old. If I would have realized this, I wouldn't have posted.

The rest of your posting just proves my point.

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.