FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mcbone

Blood DK Profession Recommendations

Hello all! Love this site but first time post so thanks in advance!

I've read through the guide but there isn't a strong recommendation for Blood DK professions. Can someone provide some insight? Was thinking of going with blacksmithing and engineering but can be easily swayed biggrin.png

Jewel Crafting and Blacksmithing are both very versatile since you essentially get 2 more gems of your chosing from either one. This can be used for 480 Stam or 640 Mastery/Dodge/Parry.

Engineering can situationally be the best because of the 1900ish dodge cooldown you get from it. although this won't contribute to riposte like blacksmithing or jewel crafting would.

Leather Working, it's a weird choice, but you can get 750 stam from it.

Mining and enchanting both get you 480 Stam.

I'm a BS/Enchanter on my DK, mostly because I make a lot of gold from DE'ing my normal raid set whenever I start working on heroic gear. but the best choice is probably either BS/Eng, or BS/Jewel

If you're min-maxing, BS is mandatory. Alchemy is also pretty good; if you use Elixirs you can get boosts to both Mastery and Dodge.

Ill take another angle than most here. Id higly reccommend engineering simply because i feel one of our main weakness is mobility and you get an extra 'oh shit' speed boost from there. Situational, sure, but really really good when you need it. The dodge from gloves is more of a bonus for me hehe.

I agree, mobility is a tank DKs greatest weakness at the moment. However, considering Engineering and the Nitro Boosts keep in mind those can backfire.

I agree, mobility is a tank DKs greatest weakness at the moment. However, considering Engineering and the Nitro Boosts keep in mind those can backfire.

Still remember getting killed by Nitro Boost + Decapitate when we were progressing on Lei Shen. Good times.

Great thanks everyone for the advice. I'm currently trudging through BS/ENG loving flying mindlessly gathering ore...