FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MFG

Was just told auriel is the worst healer in the game

I have a really high win rate on her and  find that my playmaking potential as a healer is greatly increased by playing her.  I am not that very high in rank so wanted to check here and see if I could get some feedback on this statement.

I heard similar sentiments, that she's "half a healer".  I'm also not great, but I think the perception is centered around her hope generation.  Until she gets Energized CordEnergized Cord at level 7, she's extremely dependent on having a good battery to generate hope.  If you don't have someone good at safely dealing consistent damage, like Guldan, you can be very limited in the healing you are capable of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You need to pair her up with a high octane damage dealer, so preferably a mage like Kael or Ming. She also works exceptionally well with Cho'Gall, considering that both Cho and Gall contribute to her hope generation. Still, there are certainly better options.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's ridiculous - she's completely fine and in some cases extremely strong. 

Like every healer, she is better tailored to certain situations,

but she has a strong, ranged disengage, an ult that stops catastrophic damage (don't take resurrect), a blind if she needs it, and a pretty large aoe burst heal on a real short cooldown.  

The only time she should really struggle is if the other 4 teammates are already a losing team with or without her.  

I'd say her biggest weakness is a lack of cleanse, but several healers are also missing this, and she mitigates it with her disengage whip and her ult if necessary.  

Once you have energized cord at 7 (always take this) you almost don't even need a battery to fill your energy bar as long as there's something nearby to aa.  minions.  walls.  mercs.  heroes.  anything.  And if you do have a good battery, which almost every Auriel team will, your heals per second will be one of the highest in the game with only 4 seconds cooldown on your heal. 

That makes sense, I have been under that impression so will continue to play her in the right comps. Thanks.

I had that impression too but I was not very sure. She seemed really slow and bad sometimes. Thank you for enlightening us on this, now at least we will know when we should use her and when we shouldn’t.    

_______________________________________________________________________________________________    
ShowBox Tutuapp Mobdro    

• Haha 1