FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Rextroy Solos Atal'Dazar M+ 10!

wka4P7X.jpg

It's time for more Rextroy, but this time in another solo adventure as he takes a light 3 and a half hour tour of Atal'Diazar on M+ 10, with an item level of 372. We also get some commentary/guides on each boss and trash below the video, featuring more use of Last Defender with some help from local bugs, even after the nerf (for the first boss at least).

Last Defender can still pack a punch, especially when powered up by critters! This dungeon took almost exactly 3.5 hours, one hour less than Motherlode +9. Sorry about not showing healing done for the fights, forgot to record it! It usually is around 10k, which I assume it would be here aswell.

Fun thing to note is that even if your teammate leaves instantly and goes offline, the run counts for their weekly chest (as seen at 27:04).

Ilvl: 372 Neck LvL: 24
Talents: Holy Shield (first boss), Blessed Hammer (after), Crusader's Judgment Repentance (to cheese), Cavalier (wanted BOP), Spellwarding (Trash), Hand of the Protector (great healing) Judgment of Light, Righteous Protector (good healing), Last Defender (first boss)

Tactics:
Trash: As you can see at 27:11, you can use Repentance to split up the trash groups, this made it easy to slowly power through all the adds. This didn't work against the beasts in the instance however, against these you instead kite and kill them off one by one.

Priestess Alun'za 0:52
This is the hardest boss, even harder with fortification because it is the adds scaling. This makes it hard to defeat the adds intime before more spawns. The solution I figured out was to get help from our old friend Last Defender. The critters in the instance will attack you if you aggro them. This makes you able to gather them up and get quite a boost to your Last Defender. Even better is that they miss all the time which procs Grand Crusader! Most critters are present at Rezans location. During the bossfight, make you sure use Shield of the Righteous when no critters are infront of you, otherwise they will die! Also focus the add all the time. Last Defenders damage reduction is capped at 50% now, so you will still take moderate damage.

Rezan 5:18
Quite a slow and boring boss since you will be stuck running most of the time. I prefer to stay on the side furthest away from the entrance. There is a lot of room to move here and you can easily kite him back and forth. You might not be able to avoid the fear, but it won't matter too much since the boss will stand still after casting it. If you hug the wall, the fear won't make you run far. This makes you have a very low chance of aggroing additional raptors. Prepare your Shield of the Righteous after you been running away from the boss, since his Serrated Teeth causes you to take huge amount of damage!

Vol'kaal 14:27
Quite an easy boss, during p1 he will keep spamming his jump so you won't take too much damage during the phase if you avoid it. Make sure you get the totems to 4% health. Since around 2% they start to regain their HP. Also make sure you have long range damage ready for them! During p2 he will go down quite quickly, however his damage is increased. Cleanse yourself after his Noxious Stench to get rid of debuff (interrupting it is also good!). Keep moving backwards in a nice circle to avoid standing in any aoe.

Yazma 19:22
Make sure you have an interrupt ready for Wracking Pain. Avenger's Shield is amazing for this. The boss won't use any Soulrend on the tank, so you are able to ignore that mechanic completely! Time your active defense for Skewer, since it hurts quite a bit. Also stack up the spiders and move away from them. Remember that they will only chase you when they grow "big" The damage taken during this boss is moderate, so make sure you use your rotation well!

And here's that Motherlode M+ 9 mentioned earlier:

Just  blows me away, Rextroy is dedicated to the solo campaign I must say.

Blizzcon - We are announcing the Removal of Paladins from WoW thanks to Rextroy LOL

Nice work once again, Wonder what his next +10 or better will be. Now I shall go and try and find a capable group to do a +10 without dying a hundred times.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      It's time to check in on the plague of WoW, as bots are spreading more and more. We've rounded up some bot encounters players have been reporting recently, with a few pretty stunning figures in there as well.
      Let's start at the beginning of the bot life-cycle, as dack-janiels spotted a whoooole lot of "new players" over in Pandaria:

Source: dack-janiels.
      Then we're on to some pretty startling calculations, as onetimelistener ran across a large batch over in one of their usual locations, Moonglade, as they sold off their ill-gotten gains. And while the math probably isn't quite 100% accurate, it's still frightening to see the potential numbers we're facing here:
      But how do these bots level? Well, several players ran into a pretty crazy farm method earlier this week, as a pet battle World Quest provided a whoole lot of fast XP.
      And while there was a lot of confusion over what exactly was happening there, they managed to figure it out:
      SleepyPB ran across over 50 bots doing this quest, and they were actually lagging the entire Nazjatar zone, with the lag getting worse when getting close to then. so he took matters into his own hands:

Source: SleepyPB.
      And it wouldn't be a bot news post without some actual bot action! And while it's still possible the first video might be multiboxers, as there aren't that many of them, it seems far more likely it's bots (and the distinction is very important, as multiboxing isn't against ToS while botting very much is).
    • By Starym
      One of the main frustrations for PUG Mythic+ players has always been finding groups, and there's a feeling going around that it's worse than ever before. With very selective and demanding requirements looming over your head, from Raider.IO score to a "meta" spec and more, players are getting increasingly surprised at group makers' demands and what they decline, as the standards are seeming incredibly high.
      However, there's a pretty simple explanation for these seemingly very unfair and unreasonable requirements: supply and demand.
      As you'll see from a few examples below, having a key, especially a higher level one, gets you SO many applications that even with the highest, craziest, most unreasonable standards, you'll still have plenty of choice. All of the below were taken very quickly (minutes) after a key was listed.

Source: .tetchip

Source: ntinglasts4evermson.
      But it's not just the higher level keys this happens at:

Source : yogiho2.
      There's plenty more examples of the above to go around, but you get the idea. Obviously this is worst for DPS players as the supply is extremely higher than the demand, but with the more valuable keys from more desirable dungeons, even tanks and healers will be lining up to get into a group. Another factor for the insanely high DPS supply is the treatment tanks and healers get in groups, as most of the time, they get all the blame and a whole lot of toxicity. Combine that with the significantly harder gameplay and very high levels of stress because of the higher responsibility for those 2 roles, and you get many just re-rolling DPS, further skewing the numbers.
      And so before you get too down on yourself for having a hard time getting into a group, remember it's just a matter of numbers. You should still aim to improve yourself, and obviously getting a relatively stable group, or at least a few players together in your PUG travels is your best bet, but the important thing to remember is that there's just SO many players vying for those spots that getting declined isn't really a big deal at all.
      And perhaps the most important thing to learn from this? Value your own key immensely! What do you think of the Mythic+ application process? Anything you'd change about it?
    • By Stan
      Winterhail created Shadowlands dungeon badges based on Pokémon.
      On their way to earn the Shadowlands Keystone Master: Season One achievement, Winterhail joked about collecting gym badges like Pokémon. As a result, the player came up with Shadowlands Mythic Dungeon Badges.

Source: Reddit
    • By Blainie
      The US premiere of the Warcraft movie was last weekend and I was given the opportunity to attend! Check out my full breakdown of the movie and the story, as well as highlights of the event!
      The movie has now been released in most major countries, so I felt it was time to finally give a full analysis and breakdown of the film. I'm going to start this off by saying:
      THERE WILL BE HUGE SPOILERS IN THIS POST
      If you haven't seen the movie and want to preserve the story for yourself, this might not be for you. I won't hold back on any of the information that I give.
      My Review
      The Premiere
      The Director
      The Cast
      The Music
      The Story
      Now this is where things get interesting. There are going to be a LOT of spoilers coming from here, so look away if you haven't seen the movie. I'm going to be discussing and throwing in critiques of the story, as well as comparing it to game lore. Enjoy!
      What is fel and where is the Legion?
      What's up with Medivh?
      The freshly dinged mage, Khadgar!
      Garona - Human or Draenei?
      Anduin Lothar - The Lion of Azeroth
      King Llane I
      Why is Stormwind still standing?
      Durotan and Draka
      Orgrim - The Blackrock/Frostwolf/Thunderlord
      Blackhand - The Warchief
      Gul'dan - The Perfect Villain
      Why is Alodi female?
      Dalaran looks... different?
      Deadwind Pass and the Crater
      The Draenei
      Predictions for the future?
      Conclusion
      That's it from me! Let me know what you think, questions you might have or corrections anywhere in the post. I'm always open to discussion! If you haven't seen the movie, grab a ticket and go watch it! It's worth it!
      From premiere to big screen, we've got it all!

• By Staff
      We're again highlighting PvP changes Blizzard announced recently that will go live after this week's maintenance in all regions.
      PvP Tuning (source)
      We’re working on a new set of PvP tuning changes that will be applied to the game with weekly maintenance in each region (January 26 in this region). Here’s what we’re currently testing:
      Player vs. Player
      Players now deal 20% less damage to Death Knight, Hunter, and Warlock pets. In 2v2 Arenas, Dampening will begin at 20% when both teams have either a tank or healer. Druid
      Convoke the Spirits no longer casts Full Moon and Feral Frenzy when engaged in combat with enemy players. Mage
      Triune Ward (legendary) now provides 50% effective barriers (was 65%) in PvP situations.** Fire Infernal Cascade (conduit) effectiveness reduced by 33% in PvP situations. Paladin
      Holy Divine Favor (Honor Talent) cooldown increased to 30 seconds (was 25 seconds), and now increases cast speed by 30% (was 60%). Protection, Retribution Word of Glory’s healing has been reduced by 20% in PVP situations.