FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Klaufi

DPS Problems as a Monk

Hello, I started playing Monk in the start of MoP. And enjoyed it fully, It has its problems and perk and tho i have been playing it for this long i just cant get why i have so low damage compared to other classes. I have only been able to top the meters when we had the op "Rune of Re-Origination" but since then i have been just in the middle or bottom of all the DPS'ers. So i decided i'd come on here and ask you guys if you guys can notice any problems that i have. My most recent logs in SoO are Here. And here is the link to my Armory.

I'd love to see your responses. My problem could be just a small thing or a huge problem. Thanks for reading this so far, Cant wait to see your responses!

Regards

Xëniä/Klaufi

You were top of the meters on several fights like Sha of Pride or Iron Juggernaut, did everything right in terms of keeping buffs and debuffs active, (near-perfect RSK uptime, decent Tiger Power uptime and solid usage of Tigerseye Brew) then on Galakras or Spoils of Pandaria those same metrics are utterly terrible. What was different in those cases?

The log makes it crystal clear that you have more trouble with some fights than others, but it's just a bunch of numbers. It can't tell me why those fights are harder for you.

Hi there,

A good way to up youre dps on Spoils and Galakras would be speccing into Rushing Jade Wind for those fights, they are both AoE fights. For AoE fights i make heavy use off my spirits aswell to push for that extra dps. 

Just toss out two spirits, tiger palm/rsk pop youre brew and RJW away, after that keep normal rotation and use RJW on cd while youre spirits are up.

Hope this helps a bit.

You were top of the meters on several fights like Sha of Pride or Iron Juggernaut, did everything right in terms of keeping buffs and debuffs active, (near-perfect RSK uptime, decent Tiger Power uptime and solid usage of Tigerseye Brew) then on Galakras or Spoils of Pandaria those same metrics are utterly terrible. What was different in those cases?

The log makes it crystal clear that you have more trouble with some fights than others, but it's just a bunch of numbers. It can't tell me why those fights are harder for you.

Well on Galakras i have a bunch of downtime since i'm on tower and i'm in charge of the first tower when it comes to going back. but for Spoils i have no idea why i cant keep the numbers up. I'm doing the same as i'm doing on the other fights. Is it just downtime or is it just me being bad at keeping my buffs up? I have no idea.

Hi there,

A good way to up youre dps on Spoils and Galakras would be speccing into Rushing Jade Wind for those fights, they are both AoE fights. For AoE fights i make heavy use off my spirits aswell to push for that extra dps. 

Just toss out two spirits, tiger palm/rsk pop youre brew and RJW away, after that keep normal rotation and use RJW on cd while youre spirits are up.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for the help, going to try this out!

It could be an uptime issue, if you are just standing by while the other side of the raid finishes up. But the buff uptimes seem abnormally low. Just be sure to use RSK and Tiger Palm before you go crazy with any AOE. RJW is essential for keeping the rotation manageable when there is a high need to cleave.