FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
chickas

Need some help with Marksman

Not sure if the rotation on the guide here is way wrong or what, but my DPS is *nowhere* near my sim. Like, 3k below. The rotation here suggests never using rapid fire if you have 2+ steady aim traits. I have 3, yet my sim shows semi-regular Rapid Fire usage, not sure why. Even with that, though, I cannot figure out why it's so significantly different. Sim also seems to show that I should have a pet out for fights.

Any ideas/any thoughts on where to check for updated rotations?

*CANNOT* get WoL to actually update my logs from dummies and dunno why, so that's tough, but I can provide a breakdown of my DPS vs my log in a bit just using Skada or some shit.

But the fact that the sim wants me to use a pet is weird...

Worldoflogs is outdated and essentially dead. We now use warcraftlogs. Logs on raid bosses are also a lot better than logs on dummies because you can compare boss logs directly them to logs from other players. It's a lot better to compare yourself to other players than to sims.

Skada output is not good for analysis. Logs show timelines with the breakdown of abilities in detail, the list of every cast used, focus management, buffs, procs, etc. A dps output from skada won't include all of that.  

DPS on dummies can be missing a lot of things compared to sims. A sim will use flasks, food, potions, bloodlust and raid buffs, so you will never do nearly as much dps practicing on a dummy compared to a sim.

Using a pet is fairly common. I believe it is standard to use a pet for single target, although that may not be the case specifically when having multiple steady aim azerite traits. I don't know too much about how the azerite traits affect the sim.

Edited by Khallid