FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zahrah

Trinket Question

They do give you an added 14% increase (source), but they don't let you get procs from both at once!

What spec are you considering using them for?

Thanks Stoove, I plan to use them for resto but not by choice really, more a lack of viable alternatives. I blame lack of raid experience and RNG :P

I only really expect the prismatic one to proc as I don't cast many damaging spells and wouldn't normally expect to cast enough to get the int proc from the Purified Bindings in any kind of reliable or convenient way. As long as they stack, and they do, the amplification increase alone is better than any other trinkets I've got I think (hope!)

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Zahrah/advanced

Thanks for your time and answer :)

To avoid misunderstanding 

but they don't let you get procs from both at once!

I'm pretty sure that the damage trinket does not proc when a player is in a healing spec. So a LB from Resto Shaman won't make any procs at all.

actually i think the one theyre worried about is the resto proccing for dps. but really, how often in a serious fight can you sit there and cast LB's until a trink procs? and what will that random int proc get you if all youve been doing is attacking for 20 seconds? surely the other healers have things covered if youre just sitting there attacking.

the fun part about stacking those 2 trinkets as a shaman is that it's super easy to get your mastery insanely high. using UF and critting for 900k on a tank that has 1.2 million health is pretty fun.

the not so fun part is that you will have no mana return trinks. an incredibly underrated mana return trink is the DMF healer trink. second to that is the heal trink from huolon. but honestly if you want mana return the 522 badge trinket is very easy to get and on use gives you 10% of your mana back. if you cant get ahold of the trinket from horridon or blackfuse, the badge trink is very good.

I'm pretty sure that the damage trinket does not proc when a player is in a healing spec. So a LB from Resto Shaman won't make any procs at all.

Yep, that was exactly what I meant. It's all in the source I linked (thanks again @Healiocentric!)

actually i think the one theyre worried about is the resto proccing for dps. but really, how often in a serious fight can you sit there and cast LB's until a trink procs? and what will that random int proc get you if all youve been doing is attacking for 20 seconds? surely the other healers have things covered if youre just sitting there attacking.

You could abuse double-procs for highly burst-based fights, but only in theory. In practice, it'd be too hard to get something like Thok or Garrosh to be boring enough for long enough for that to be useful smile.png

the not so fun part is that you will have no mana return trinks

Actually with +14% Spirit, that works out at quite a lot, especially since it increases your regen from Mana Tide. I currently run Amp and Multistrike, at 13k Spirit (with Amp taken into account, and 13k is easily too much). It works very well, especially when paired with a high Crit build.

Probably the best easily available Regen trinket at this stage is either Relic of Chi-Ji or Horridon's Last Gasp (with the latter being hard to acquire because of RNG), but with the Legendary Meta you can skip these if you've hit the 30% Haste threshold. Getting the trinket off Blackfuse would be good if you need the regen, but getting Nazgrim's or Thok's would probably be better overall.

I've felt that in my 25 man, multistrike is pretty lackluster for almsot all fight =/

Thankfully I coined heroic cleave last night from our 2nd thok kill. so no more multistrike for an ilvl boost =P

Actually Multistrike is doing HUGE amounts of healing for me. Something near 3M effective healing on each Normal kill (varying fight to fight). It frequently outheals my cloak proc!

None of our healers has seen Thok's trinket drop on any difficulty. You jammy sod!

The horridon-trinket gives me tons of mana, and since our raid has been unlucky with trinket-drops, I still use it for non-stacking fights. I got the cleave trinket on a coin, but it's almost only good at very stacked fights (Thok, some of Malkorok, HC-protectors and Sha). I'm running around with a flex-Prismatic Prison.

I have a question about the multistrike-trinket: Does it proc from ticks of healing rain? It doesn't proc from totems, right, since almost nothing does :)

They do give you an added 14% increase (source), but they don't let you get procs from both at once!

What spec are you considering using them for?

Just in case a mistweaver gets lost and see this, or another healing class can proc the PBI..

You [mistweavers] can have both amp trinket(sha/PBI) procs active at the same time(i do it)

Edited by Krazyito
Clarification

Just in case a mistweaver gets lost and see this, or another healing class can proc the PBI..

You [mistweavers] can have both amp trinket(sha/PBI) procs active at the same time(i do it)

Agreed, and the info is also in the original source :)

However, for all classes except Mistweaver it's not really practical.

I have a question about the multistrike-trinket: Does it proc from ticks of healing rain?

I think it's direct heals only, no source for that though.

I think it's direct heals only, no source for that though.

I had a chance to try it, and it does proc of healing rain-heals. My next question is: Have anyone tried healig with multistrike AND cleave on stacking fights? I'm trying tonight, and thus skipping prismatic prison for the first time since I got it. I have to try it because it sounds amazing.

I had a chance to try it, and it does proc of healing rain-heals. My next question is: Have anyone tried healig with multistrike AND cleave on stacking fights? I'm trying tonight, and thus skipping prismatic prison for the first time since I got it. I have to try it because it sounds amazing.

I would if the trinket would only drop. Nobody in our raid has seen it yet.  =.=

Woo, well if you can link the logs once you've tried it I'd be very interested to see what happens! :)

Well, the multistrike-trinket did 2.3% of my healing on the first try (raiders playing with alts), so I swapped it for our kill. Totally not worth it!

2.3% is rather a lot considering that Legendary procs usually do something around that amount on farm kills...

2.3% of the cloak? That's low, I think? Mine does about 5-7%, but I track it and try to use it too

I tend to think it's not worth tracking. On progress, the cloak does a lot more for me I think - up to 10% I've seen (and one Sha Heroic pull it did 15% over 5 minutes!)

If Multistrike is doing 2.3% and isn't worth it, what is Thok's one doing to make it worth using?

I think the choice is obvious in 25s, since cleave. In 10s I'd say it was closer. Hmm, yes 7% is a lot o.0