FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Diablo at BlizzCon 2018

QVUV0SL19HUP1539218129052.jpg

Blizzard today posted an update about their plans for Diablo at this year's BlizzCon. They are working on multiple different Diablo projects right now, but more details will be revealed when the time is right.

It appears that BlizzCon will primarily focus on the Nintendo Switch version of the game and they are not ready to unveil Diablo 4 just yet.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

BlizzCon 2018 is almost here and we’ve seen a lot of rumors flying around about our plans for Diablo at the show. These are very exciting times—we currently have multiple teams working on different Diablo projects and we can’t wait to tell you all about them . . . when the time is right.

We know what many of you are hoping for and we can only say that “good things come to those who wait,” but evil things often take longer. We appreciate your patience as our teams work tirelessly to create nightmarish experiences worthy of the Lord of Terror.

While we won’t be ready to announce all of our projects, we do intend to share some Diablo-related news with you at the show.

November 2 will be an especially diabolical date—not only is it the first day of BlizzCon, it’s also when Diablo III arrives on the Nintendo Switch. If you’re planning to pick up the game (the digital download will be available starting at midnight on launch day) and are joining us in Anaheim, be sure to bring your console. We’d love to slay some demons with you on the show floor.

Again, we want to thank you for your patience and support. We are eternally grateful to you and the millions of other Diablo fans around the world whose passion for this franchise inspires us and keeps our fires burning.

We’ll see you in hell . . . and at BlizzCon!

• Sad 1

So "projects" doesn't have to necessarily mean "new games". Other than Switch port it might be that announced cross-play between different platforms and stuff like books. Probably just one game then, though this post appears as something to deflate hype a bit. Still, if there isn't an actual new game announced, there is going to be a massive disappointment as people are expecting so much (and even then many might still complain).

Considering that Diablo holds the pretty substantial placement of being the first up after the opening ceremony, people are understandably expecting something massive, since that is usually what happens with the first one after the big opening. If Diablo fans shows up and are only presented with news of the Switch port, which we already know everything about, I wouldn't be surprised to see the live feed being *mysteriously* shut down after the booing starts.

As for what the poster before me said, I highly doubt cross play will be announced, as they very recently said that it was an exciting idea, but that it wasn't among their current plans for the game.

If they don't announce something really big, i'm gunna be pretty disappointed... switch release is cool... but... i don't really wanna play MORE diablo 3... i need more lore!!!!

Even after this post... with the amount of stuff they are hinting towards something diablo related, if they only announce the switch port, i will definitely still be disappointed.

Edited by adondriel

Later, November 2nd
- I've heard you like Diablo
- YEEEEEAH!!
- And you want more Diablo
- YYEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!
- So i am proud to announce..... THAT DIABLO 3 SWITCH PORT IS AVALIABLE!
- .......aaaaaaaaaaand?
- Oh and here's a Diablo comic. And we are working on Netflix series
- ...... AAAAAAAAAAND?!
- That's it. Go on then, Shoo! Shoo!

3 hours ago, Steveson said:

Later, November 2nd
- I've heard you like Diablo
- YEEEEEAH!!
- And you want more Diablo
- YYEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!
- So i am proud to announce..... THAT DIABLO 3 SWITCH PORT IS AVALIABLE!
- .......aaaaaaaaaaand?
- Oh and here's a Diablo comic. And we are working on Netflix series
- ...... AAAAAAAAAAND?!
- That's it. Go on then, Shoo! Shoo!

Well, the comic have been cancelled, so they won't have that to show off, and I doubt the Netflix series - if it is even real, as the rumor seems flimsy - have even really started production yet.

Hoping for something cool, but at this point, Diablo 3 Switch and maybe a Druid expansion pack seems like it might be it. Hoping I'm wrong here though.

2 hours ago, Lampanelli said:

Well, the comic have been cancelled, so they won't have that to show off, and I doubt the Netflix series - if it is even real, as the rumor seems flimsy - have even really started production yet.

Hoping for something cool, but at this point, Diablo 3 Switch and maybe a Druid expansion pack seems like it might be it. Hoping I'm wrong here though.

Hold up. They already canceled Diablo comic AND didn't even began to film Netflix series? Then i have literally no idea what they will present on Blizzcon except saying "Oh yeah Diablo 3 is now on Switch boys!". Because they surely planning to reveal something big. And i really doubt that it's just a Druid expansion for D3.

my aunts cousins nephews hair dresser works for blizz and they have assured me its going to be a diablo themed breakfast cereal that sparkles red with demonic energy when you pour in milk. the tag line is

"stay awhile and glisten"

also seriously we need diablo 4 right now, i can't stand to run anymore greater rifts for the exact same armor and weapons >_>

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tri said:

they have assured me its going to be a diablo themed breakfast cereal that sparkles red with demonic energy when you pour in milk. the tag line is

"stay awhile and glisten"

Careful what you are asking for, Lucio-ohs are already a thing... 

Anyhow, if they aren't going to show anything from new Diablo, it's like them shooting their own feet. Perhaps they shouldn't have said "multiple projects" back then, and be a little more specific as to what they are, because people got hyped and expected Diablo 4. Sure, it's more marketable, letting people speculate, but then there is a risk of major backlash.

Edited by Arcling

40 minutes ago, Nazamber said:

Good thing they increased the Virtual Ticket prices.

My guess the big reveal is a Battle Royale mode in Overwatch.

Uh no. This isn't going to happen.

There's honestly something wrong with Diablo section at Blizz. Making hype and now killing it just before a party. Terrible customer treatment

Edited by Kaelos

1. It does feel like it's maybe a touch too soon for a full-fledged D4 announcement - consider both the gap between D2 and D3, and the simple matter of them not wanting to steal thunder from the Switch port. But it does make you wonder: will *any* new game be announced at BlizzCon? At this point, it feels like anything would be either too soon or far outta left field. And I've lost faith that War4 will ever exist.

On 10/18/2018 at 12:24 AM, Arcling said:

So "projects" doesn't have to necessarily mean "new games". Other than Switch port it might be that announced cross-play between different platforms and stuff like books. Probably just one game then, though this post appears as something to deflate hype a bit. Still, if there isn't an actual new game announced, there is going to be a massive disappointment as people are expecting so much (and even then many might still complain).

I actually wouldn't mind to get a new series of books. I really liked them. They were pretty well and easy written and quite entertaining. Out of the whole books for the different franchises the diablo ones are probably my favourite.

On 10/18/2018 at 5:02 PM, Kaelos said:

There's honestly something wrong with Diablo section at Blizz. Making hype and now killing it just before a party. Terrible customer treatment

It's the fans that take every little thing as a sign and they overhype about it.

2 hours ago, Alkasar said:

It's the fans that take every little thing as a sign and they overhype about it.

"These are very exciting times—we currently have multiple teams working on different Diablo projects and we can’t wait to tell you all about them . . . "

Or the great announcement before the 20th birthday of Diablo - which resulted in the announcement in the of the Darkening of Tristram Event. Which was one of the most horrible peace of hardware a big company ever released.

Yepp - absolutly no hype from Blizzard.

If I would be the person in charge, I'd fire every single one that has anything to do with announcements / presentations regarding Diablo. It is breathtaking how Blizzard tries desperatly to destroy the good name they had in the past / the halfway decent name they still have. If competitors of Blizzard would be in charge and would try to underminde and damage Blizzard - the result wouldn't differ much from what we see in reality.

On 10/20/2018 at 5:32 PM, WedgeAntilles said:

"These are very exciting times—we currently have multiple teams working on different Diablo projects and we can’t wait to tell you all about them . . . "

Or the great announcement before the 20th birthday of Diablo - which resulted in the announcement in the of the Darkening of Tristram Event. Which was one of the most horrible peace of hardware a big company ever released.

Yepp - absolutly no hype from Blizzard.

If I would be the person in charge, I'd fire every single one that has anything to do with announcements / presentations regarding Diablo. It is breathtaking how Blizzard tries desperatly to destroy the good name they had in the past / the halfway decent name they still have. If competitors of Blizzard would be in charge and would try to underminde and damage Blizzard - the result wouldn't differ much from what we see in reality.

I am not saying that Blizzard doesnt point on different things. It is just everyone reads "coming this Blizzcon" or even "a release next year" between those lines. Don't think of more than they actually say.

Edited by Alkasar