FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nonoss

Help with my arms dps

Hi everyone, i need some hints for my dps.
I rly dont know how this dps is so low.

This is my last log on Uldir heroic.  
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nG7qyJx2YHP9h8Nw#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0

This is my armory

https://worldofwarcraft.com/pt-br/character/azralon/Wyrda (i forgot do change my chest, now i use fury chest)

For my rotate i use :

On opening : Pre-pot > charge > (gallercaller's beak trinket) > warbraker > mortal strike > Overpower > skullsplitter > slam until proc overpower, or reset mortal strike > when over warbraker debuff,  Bladestorm
On execute window : warbraker > execute > skullsplitter > overpower when it procs, and skullsplitter as on CD, and dont have rage for execute.

I rly rly need a help, my dps always low...

Plz help my arms warrior, to stay on this core  ^^

ty cya

HI

Unfortunately, i do not play Arms. But even then i can try to give you some advice how to get information whats going wrong.

1. Check your rotation with icy veins guide. As far as i understand, there is something off in your rotation.
  2. Check your logs if you do a proper rotation
  3. Compare your logs with another warrior with same conditions (same ilvl, same fightlength, same talent-setup).
  4. Have a look at spell-dmg-order (which spell did most dmg, second, third and so on) is the same. If yes, try to figure out why your spells are not doing the same amount. This could result in:
    1. High inactivity (not as much casts as possible)
    2. Wrong rotation and hence not using any synergy of your spells or wrong CD usage (lower avreage dmg per cast)
    3. ...

I hope this can help you to find some issues till an experienced arms warrior can analyse your logs!

• Like 1

My understanding was that you would only do Bladestorm, especially on a single target, only during the Warbreaker (or Colossus Smash) debuff window.  I generally pre-pot, Charge, Warbreaker, and right into my Bladestorm.  Then I get the Overpower-Mortal Strike-Slam going.  I know that with the Test of Might azerite trait on your shoulders, it can modify usage of the Warbreaker window, so that may be the basis for it, but if you're not using Bladestorm then, you probably want to just leave it out of your rotation.  

It also seems like the biggest issue for you is uptime.  When I compare your log to my own for Taloc, for example, you had 53 melee strikes and I had 85 (I realize you died during the fight, but you were still tracking lower).  This is a massive loss of rage that prevents you from casting more Mortal Strikes and Slams and generating more Tactician procs for Overpower.  Have you found that your Deep Wounds dot is falling off at all because of the space between your Mortal Strikes?  That would be a major loss to dps.  Your log shows uptime of only 42% for Deep Wounds on Taloc.  You probably want to try to push that higher.  

I am also not seeing as much of a boost in the Execute phase in your logs as I would expect.  Are you saving your second potion for when you have a Warbreaker ready to go during Execute?  You may also want to consider opting for azerite gear with Executioner's Precision.  It makes Mortal Strike very effective during the Execute phase and has really boosted my dps at the end of the fights.  If you don't feel like you are getting the most out of Test of Might, this might be a good way to go, if available to you.  

Hopefully that helps.  I think uptime, using Bladestorm more effectively, and focusing on pushing dps during Execute will help you a lot.  

Oh i thought of one more thing.  One of the best ways to push dps up is to strategize when there are multiple targets how to use Sweeping Strikes to cleave.  It can be incredibly effective to utilize Execute phase on an add to cleave onto the boss, if positioning allows.  It lets you get a few Execute phase rotations off before the boss is at 35% (which is great for my Executioner's Precision, but could also synergize well with a Test of Might window).  

Hi,

something doenst seem quite right, looking at your gear your DPS is very low. Change your wpn enchant to Gale Force striking this is a much better enchant and its uptime is amazing. 

Only use skull-splitter  when you have less than 60 rage. use MS on CD, you can get 3 GCD's in between your MS's never delay a MS to use Over power. I personally disagree with using Bladestorm only during Warbreaker. I only use it to generate rage, only use it when you have less then 30 rage as you still get melee hit's in when you are spinning.  If you have test of might trait NEVER use Bladestorm during Warbreaker. You want to use it before you warbreaker so you have a large rage pool. 

This is my warrior https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/khazgoroth/pricklpants#difficulty=4

Best of luck!

Interesting is that simulations are totally off at the moment, at least for me... they always recommend me to push for more Haste, prioritize items with haste, while I see lots of Arms Warris push for more Crit and keep Haste lower... I now adapted the gear and funny enough, simulations also show more dps - but didn't recommend me to swap any gear pieces before ?

On 11/9/2018 at 4:08 PM, Boonatix said:

Interesting is that simulations are totally off at the moment, at least for me... they always recommend me to push for more Haste, prioritize items with haste, while I see lots of Arms Warris push for more Crit and keep Haste lower... I now adapted the gear and funny enough, simulations also show more dps - but didn't recommend me to swap any gear pieces before ?

I'm not 100% sure, but what you describe can occure if you are near a haste-breakpoint where your DPS does a decent "jump". Here in icy veins its written, there is a first breakpoint near 20% haste. So if you are near 20%, simulations trys to push you over that 20% hastecap.

Personally, i'm not a fan of stat-priorty-simulations. I recommend to simulation different gear-setups where you can compare the output. But this also means to sometimes bank a haste-item and wait for more to switch multiple items (to reach a breakpoint).

But take care: reaching such breakpoints can lead to another rotation as well as a need of good latency and FPS. Otherwise you probably can't take andvantage of the breakpoint which will lead to a worse output.

Edited by Allseye