FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

BlizzCon 2018 Q&A: Submit Your Questions

33875-submit-your-questions-for-the-worl

Lead WoW developers will be answering your questions live on stage at BlizzCon 2018 and now's a good time to submit your questions!

Feel free to submit your questions here if you're gameplay region is North America or here if you're playing in Europe. Stay tuned for our coverage of the event!

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Do you have World of Warcraft questions you want to ask during BlizzCon? We’ve got you covered.

On Saturday, November 3 from 3:30 p.m. PDT to 4:30 p.m. PDT (23:30 CET to 00:30 CET)on the Main Hall (D) stage at BlizzCon 2018, several Lead World of Warcraft developers will answer questions both from attendees and those who submit questions online.

If you can’t attend BlizzCon in person, don’t worry. We’ve opened a forum thread for your questions, and we’ll collect your questions until 6:00 p.m. PDT (2:00 CET) on Friday, November 2.

If you’re attending BlizzCon 2018 in-person and would like to submit your question for the Q&A, head over to the Darkmoon Faire community area found on the second level of the North Hall on Friday, November 2 and look for the Warcraft mailbox. We’ll have everything on hand that you’ll need to compose a question for the developers to answer. If your question is selected, you’ll be given the opportunity to ask it live during the Q&A. Please note that in-person questions for the Q&A must be placed in the Warcraft mailbox before the end the first day of BlizzCon.

We’re looking forward to getting to as many of your questions as we can during the live panel!

Not WoW-related, but who thought it was a good idea to have Hodor and one-trick-pony dubstep violin girl and the most abominable soft rock band of the last 20 years close out Blizzcon? I'd almost be willing to say Nickelback would have been a better choice.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

My interest so far :

1. Is there a chance that older environment models are getting a nice rework as well as the creatures and watergraphics before ? (Trees for example / Zul'Gurub Tree's and so on)

2. Are there any deeper plans for protection warrior reworks again ? ( mythic+ utility like purge with shieldslam or mass spellreflect for pve maybe ?)

3. Are there any plans for a more "fluid" interaction between the community and developers ? (A special site on WoW mainpage with a better oversight of all developementstages and changes would be good in my opinion, not just forums)

Maybe i will find more detailled questions the next days ?

Edited by Baharok

1 hour ago, Baharok said:

My interest so far :

1. Is there a chance that older environment models are getting a nice rework as well as the creatures and watergraphics before ? (Trees for example / Zul'Gurub Tree's and so on)

2. Are there any deeper plans for protection warrior reworks again ? ( mythic+ utility like purge with shieldslam or mass spellreflect for pve maybe ?)

3. Are there any plans for a more "fluid" interaction between the community and developers ? (A special site on WoW mainpage with a better oversight of all developementstages and changes would be good in my opinion, not just forums)

Maybe i will find more detailled questions the next days ?

I never really understood why they stopped doing these. We knew everything about changes that were planned for every class well ahead lf time, now we don’t even get PTR notes. All the communication boils down to a random assortment of blue post fragments. The community feels rather disconnected, because the devs do not share their overall insight on class/spec changes in advance and usually they are at least a build ahead of PTR. Oftentimes, you’ll only see a blue post starting with “In a future PTR build, we’re going to do X to Y”, but what’s truly missing is a summary of planned class changes for every content patch.

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

I never really understood why they stopped doing these. We knew everything about changes that were planned for every class well ahead lf time, now we don’t even get PTR notes. All the communication boils down to a random assortment of blue post fragments. The community feels rather disconnected, because the devs do not share their overall insight on class/spec changes in advance and usually they are at least a build ahead of PTR. Oftentimes, you’ll only see a blue post starting with “In a future PTR build, we’re going to do X to Y”, but what’s truly missing is a summary of planned class changes for every content patch.

Yes i think thats what i mean or at least comes alot close to it. Its the same with classpatches and comments like "in a future patch or fix" I mean "future" is a word you can stretch to a very long distance. 

15 hours ago, Stan said:

There are many things i do not understand in this addon ? . But yes, this should be a question. I'm also in interested to get some informations about what they going to do to not have such a mess in class-design again. We got more than one unfinished specc in this addon, some were (or still are) unusable. If i pay money for an addon, i do have a "quality requirement" which was/is not fullfilled. I do not expect that everything is working at beginning and everything is balanced evenly. While in some areas they did great work (i personally like the design of the new zones and i basically like the dungeons/mythic + difficulty), regarding class-design, for some speccs it was/is (to say it nice) rubish.

So my two questions i gonna add:

1.  What is Blizzard going to do (specially regarding announcing planed class-changes) so that the community doesn't feel disconnected and ignored?
  2. What does Blizzard think about their work regarding class-design while there were/are unifinished speccs around (from communitys view)?
  • Like 1

I've seen no WoW tech-talk on the schedule, but I would be interested in if it would be possible to merge all realms into one mega-realm (yes, most possibly). Thus your old characters you left on an abandoned realm would make sense again and you would may be able to meet up old friends left on old realms your new server was not phased together with. Also no more choosing realm based on population, raiding guilds or AH prices. RP realms should remain segregated naturally.
Since there are so many characters called for example Swifty, some kind of title reward would be an easy way to distinguish them game-design-wise, before merging. E.g. characters who come from the realm Ragnaros could automatically receive the forename "Ragnari", those coming from Hyjal would be "Hyjalian", whilst newly created characters could earn or change such forenames somehow (maybe a short questline or achievement connected to that title).
I won't attend Blizzcon, nor I'm going to post this over on the official forums - I doubt I could look forward to any answer, paid character migration is a source of income for Blizz and they wouldn't comment anyways if such realm merging wasn't in preparation already. Yet if anyone is having similar thoughts and may want to challenge the impossible with a more meaningful question than "Will there be gnome shamans?" or "Will we finally have dance studio?" I think it's a good topic to cause the developers a heureka moment. Modern multiplayer games no longer do this realm things - really a remnant of the past that WoW has due to old technical limitations and an obstacle the community must overcome. Adding new social features such as communities was a good idea, but it only revealed how limited our possibilities are to play together with fellow fishing addicts or that nice girl you met in Overwatch, but happens to have a WoW character on a different realm. "Hey, let me trade you this epic sword. Oh wait, I can't, you're from Silvermoon."