FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dognfluen

New Elemental seeking help

Hey there

I have recently change fraction / guild, and have joine a new guild as Elemental with Resto OS for SoO HC raiding.

I have been playing Resto for a long time now, and the role as Ranged dps is relatively new to me.

Therefor I have been reading a lot of guides from this webside, MMO, Totemspot, Noxxic and others too, done a lot of practise on Raid-dummy, done a lot of Simcrafting (for stats weight) and done compare bot also.

Still I feel like I havn't cracked the code to learn to play Elemental properly just yet.

Char info: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/D%c3%b8gnfluen/advanced

Does those trinkets from SoO reallie make such a huge boost in dps?

WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ap7nvyhffsawwn4a/sum/damageDone/?s=2268&e=2425 - used Primal Elementalist talent for Dark Shaman fight.

Please note that, I have raided 1 full reset as Elemental and the other dps's are better geared than I as atm. I believe they have 8-10 ilvl advantages on me.

Spell prio (with Primal Elementalist talent):

1. Keep up Flame Shock.
  2. Use Lava Burst on CD, and Watch for proc.
  3. Earth Shock on proc, or above 5 stacks if Flame Shock need refresh.
  4. Lightning Bolt as filler.
  5. Chain Lightning on Foul Slime (got it macro'd).

Spell prio on pull (we uses BL at start on normal):

1. Macro: Flame Shock and Blood Fury
  2. Macro: BL and Storm Lash Totem
  3. Macro: Potion of Jade Serpent, Ascendance and Fire Elemental Totem
  4. Lava Beam until either their mount are dead or Ascendance expires.

And I doing something wrong?

How can I improve my preformance?

Please enlight me, so I can help my raid grp :-)

Spell prio (with Primal Elementalist talent):

1. Keep up Flame Shock.
  2. Use Lava Burst on CD, and Watch for proc.
  3. Earth Shock on proc, or above 5 stacks if Flame Shock need refresh.
  4. Lightning Bolt as filler.
  5. Chain Lightning on Foul Slime (got it macro'd).

Spell prio on pull (we uses BL at start on normal):

1. Macro: Flame Shock and Blood Fury
  2. Macro: BL and Storm Lash Totem
  3. Macro: Potion of Jade Serpent, Ascendance and Fire Elemental Totem
  4. Lava Beam until either their mount are dead or Ascendance expires.

I'm not an Elemental expert, but it does seem like a sensible priority list. :)

Not sure if you logged out in resto set as ele or that is the gear you are currently using to dps but if you are going to MS Elemental, you need to refroge out of Spirit to 15% hit.  It will be tough. I'm 559 and cannot get out of enough spirit still but some of that is just rng loot drop luck.  You being at 35% hit makes me thing you just logged out in resto gear.

In short, yes, the SoO dps trinkets, especially PBoI and KTT will definitely make a nice positive boost to your dps. get them as soon as you can.

Your priority for stats should be Hit/Spirit (15%) > Int > Mastery > Haste > Crit

For your opener I would make two slight changes. I would recommend pre-potting before the pull so you can use another potion later in the fight with another Ascendance or Execute phase.  I would also pop Bloodlust (If you are the one bloodlusting) before you put up Flame Shock (So switch 1 and 2).  It's a small thing but the haste buffed Flame Shock (Bloodlust and Meta gem proc) will give you a lot of insta LBs which are great during Ascendance.  Not as big of a deal on a Shamans pull where you are using Lava Beam but on other fights like IJ or something it will be worth it.

Your main priority list with the PE talents looks fine. Ele is a pretty simple rotation/priotiy list for being so fun imo.  I try to always refresh FS with a meta gem proc. Obviously it doesn't always work out but a haste buffed Flame Shock will always help with more Lava Surge procs throughout the fight imo.  Just stay focused.  Ele can be a bit gear dependent, but the spec scales very well with gear so when you get it, you will notice dps going up.  Have fun.

opener is:

flame ele tot

prepot

ele blast (or lightning bolt if you dont have ele blast)

Lust

FS

Lava

Stormlash (while dropping this tot spam Lava in case you can sneak in a surge before ascend)

ascend

if you have primal ele talent

prepot

fire ele tot

FS

Lust

Stormlash

ascend

with primal fire ele maxing prepot + fire ele is big. his stats live update, he isnt a snapshot. our only snapshot is flame shock so refresh it if you get tempest repit during hero, preferably near teh end of hero.

your talents are good, i see you are now in something closer to ele gear. with ele secondaries, haste and mastery are always very close. mastery stack will get you a chance at a huge opener, but you need 2 huge int proc trinks to take advantage of that. I always hated that badge trink you have, the proc isnt long and its just a let down.

with shaman, dont use UF unless youre seperating them. with your group's dps you should use primal ele. focus the girl and target the guy. on the pull prepot at the last second get your fire ele down and fs the guy and then just CL. a few CL's in drop Lash tot. no shocks until the last dog is almost dead, only CL. then before the last dog dies FS the girl and go back to CL. when FS comes off cd again, FS the guy and ascend with swg.

if you can convince the raid to let the melee go to the girl when oozes are being shot up. have both tanks snake around in a 20yd square section with the guy in tow, your CL links off the guy will melt the oozes away.

only use UF on fights where you can cast a lot of Lightning bolts at the same target. CL and target swap after a ue ruin that talent's bonus. if youre gonna CL a lot during a fight use fire ele. he is a damage dealing machine and loves haste. you could probably stand to go down in mastery and up in haste a bit. id say shoot for 14 - 15k haste but dont go below 70% mastery.

haste will give you more leeway with your rotation, mastery is for minmaxing and huge burst on pull, but your rotation execution needs to be elite. 

get anythign besides that badge trink, any tot heroic trink or even DMF trink. it's not too tough to find speed clears for ToT these days since the jikun mount is rare and tons of pets drop in there. the council fight that drops wooshoo trink is super easy on heroic now. anything in SoO but the cleave trink is good. i have black blood and the totem. the totem isnt as awesome as i hoped and black blood is actually better than i thought it would be, theyre almost even but the totem might win out by a tiny bit. dont worry about the ilvl of your amp trink. there's very little dif between versions, so let someone else have any version if they have none, but roll them if its just ilvl upgrade. 

if you really want more dps, convince your monk tank to go warrior. ascendance + skull banner = win.

oh and your real power to help the raid is Ancestral Guidance. put a /stopcasting in a macro for it, and you can easily bring an entire raid from dangerous to full health. if there are 4 or more targets, glyphed CL + AG will heal through just about any damage as long as no one gets one shot.

• Like 2