FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fresco

Destro DPS Advice

Good day everyone. I am here for some positive criticism on my playstyle. I am hoping to increase my overall dps for all fights. Any advice will be taken positively and with the utmost gratitude. Thank you again for any advice.

Recent logs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-km2zjbllieiljdyj/details/9/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5rg8gmsxurr60jck/details/3/

Armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Fresco/simple

I'm a bit booked for today, but I can definitely go over this later if some other amazing person doesn't dig in first.  :)

Stop using AD.

I would use GoSac, but without a KTT the difference between GoSup and GoSac is fairly small.

Do you play Aff a lot? Because you have a HUGE amount of haste for a destro lock.

On your IJ kill, using AD is just bad. I'm assuming that's why you had 3.5mil Fel Flame damage, icky.

Dafaq, are you using a G91 Landshark? Um...no. Use a second pot.

Your Immolate up time is really low, this could be in part to your raid strat though so it's a little hard to tell.

Only three shadow burns. 6min 42 sec fight I would think you'd have been in Ex phase long enough for more.

CB and Inc damage looks where it should be. CB might be a *touch* low but that is more then likely RNG.

Malk kill your CB damage is really low, only 1.09mil avg. Use CB with procs better.

Good use of Havoc

Again, Fel Flame so I assume you're using AD here also.

AD isn't very good because Blizz just made it kind of meh. The two charges of DS do not recharge independently of each other. One charge will recharge and then the other charge. So instead of doubling your DS like the tooltip leads you to believe it will, you're really only gaining ONE extra use of DS per fight.

For Demo or Aff this can be useful (although personally I would almost never use AD for Aff), Demo doesn't really NEED either of the other two talents unless there is a lot of AoE going on, and Aff isn't as dependent on its filler for damage as the other specs are. Additionally, DS for demo and aff is very strong. 30% mastery or 30% haste is very nice. 

Destro is VERY reliant on its filler for not just straight damage but also for ember gen. More over, DS isn't that strong for destro. 30% crit is nice, but it isn't amazing like haste is for Aff or mastery is for demo. So when faced with the option between ONE extra use of a fairly mediocre buff or being able to cast your really important filler on the move, KJC wins out.

These are the only two fights I looked at because these are the only two fights that are good for comparison. Feel free to ask more questions!

• Like 2

More Shaodwburns for 1.  Only 3 on Iron Juggernaut...11 on spoils....26 on Galakras....  You can use havoc + Shadowburn basically on cooldown on spoils and Galakras fights for endless ember generation and great dps boost.  Get a name plate add-on that lets you know when mobs are sub 20% or something.  For reference (And I am not the best warlock by any means, but I put a lot of effort into my play) I had 10 SBs on iron Juggernaut, 55 on spoils and 53 on galakras.  it increases dps and the ember generation is so nice to have for what seems like endless CBs on main kill targets, etc.

I would continue to keep rolling for a Heroic KTT to go Go Sac with.  At ilvls like yours, it will be nice to have, especially for aoe/add fights.  BBoY and Go Supr is nice when you play Aff.  

Immolate uptime was almost always 95%+ which is good.

Average CBs were solid at around 1.1 or slightly higher.  I would argue that with your gear and 4pc they could be a bit higher, but still solid #.

Overall I think it's pretty solid play, but man the lack of Shadowburns really stuck out to me.  I would work on execute mechanics especially since over half of the SoO fights are multi-target fights that we can use SB a lot to generate tons of embers and boost dps.

*haha damn you Locky you beat my SB point by 2 mins.

Edited by Drafty53

Thanks so much locky and typecast for the tips. I myself don't have much experience on my lock since i started really maining him mid tier of ToT and now in SoO, but i want to strive to put out as much as i can. 

The G91 landshark was an inside joke withing the guild LOL.... but yea definitely not doing that again. 

I was definitely heavily considering using my regular KTT upgraded over the BBOY.

As far as the haste on destro i have tried to drop some haste would you recommend dropping even more haste for crit?

I was going for a int>hit >mastery>crit>=haste with stat weights of 7.3hit 6.7 hit 5.65sp 4.6 mast 4.5 crit 4.2 haste

Any recommendations on a new stat weight... i have been running sims but it is getting out of hand when i get a new piece of gear so i have sorta stuck with the one that has gave me the most consistent results.

As far as the immolate on IJ yes it does get low because we use the outrange pulse strategy which got us our first kill on it. (if it ain't broke don't fix it).. I will definitely strive to keep my immolate higher and save up more ember for the execute phase.

I use tidyplates for my target nameplates, can you set those up to show when a mob is sub20%? or is there any addon you guys recommend?

Thanks so much locky and typecast for the tips. I myself don't have much experience on my lock since i started really maining him mid tier of ToT and now in SoO, but i want to strive to put out as much as i can.

I'll take credit for doing nothing! No problem!

I was definitely heavily considering using my regular KTT upgraded over the BBOY.

If you are not comfortable maximizing the damage of BBoY, there is no shame in just using KTT.

As far as the haste on destro i have tried to drop some haste would you recommend dropping even more haste for crit?

I was going for a int>hit >mastery>crit>=haste with stat weights of 7.3hit 6.7 hit 5.65sp 4.6 mast 4.5 crit 4.2 haste

Any recommendations on a new stat weight... i have been running sims but it is getting out of hand when i get a new piece of gear so i have sorta stuck with the one that has gave me the most consistent results.

The theory behind stats is M>C>H for single target with haste getting better as you gain targets. You do not need to overthink this, always reforge to mastery, then to hit cap, and then to crit/haste based on the boss you are progressing on. If you use that affliction spec for some fights and don't want to min/max as needed, then find the breakpoint you can reach for that spec and go with that. Destructions biggest gains will probably be seen by getting good rng with trinkets and executing the rotation properly.

I use tidyplates for my target nameplates, can you set those up to show when a mob is sub20%? or is there any addon you guys recommend?

Tidyplates should have a setting that increases the size of the nameplates when they reach certain health percentages. Edited by Typecast

Any recommendations on a new stat weight..

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite

Presets Destruction. Click the arrow next to Crit so that it's above Haste. Calculate. Show. Reforge. The end.

Haste is a lie. 

Mastery is hands down the best stat.

Haste is a lie.

Crit is the second best partly because haste is so bad but also because crit does some nice stuff for us. It scales *okay* with CB, it gives us mad amounts of embers, and the burst it provides is nice.

Haste is a lie.

Haste is just flat out nasty because it has really bad synergy with Destro. Meta gem, Backdraft, Berzerking (for trolls), Bloodlust/heroism, with any two of these up even when at almost no haste value you get pushed under GCD. Spending a large part of your fight under GCD is just silly.

Now if you WANT to play Aff on some fights, then you're likely going to have to make do with more haste on your destro set then would other wise be best. You don't NEED Aff for any fight, destro is so powerful that it can meet or beat Aff on any SoO heroic. But since there is a ton of people that love aff to much to give it up, then you'll just need to find a happy medium. 

How much haste Vs. crit you want if you want to play aff and destro is all a matter of how much you want to spend on reforging and how min/max you want to get with your DPS.

You don't NEED Aff for any fight, destro is so powerful that it can meet or beat Aff on any SoO heroic.

I'd agree if u but on Protectors affliction it's just extremely Overpowered.

Also on Iron Jugg Affliction it's kinda ahead and better.

But are easy fights, so w/e your spec on those.

Edited by JvChequer

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3jz2y29v25csomuk/sum/damageDone/?s=1723&e=2020#Lockeybalboa

555k on what is possibly Destros "worst" fight. And lets be fair, if you're having raid DPS issues on protectors then you have bigger problems then just one warlock spec. You don't NEED Aff.

I know but some ppl are still in Protectors H, and for progression, Aff it's ahead in both fights.

Yo don't need affli for any fight but for some fight, affli is better.

You can't argue with that, period.

Edited by JvChequer