Stan

WoW Classic Clarifications: November 3rd

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Alni9Hk.jpg

The Classic Demo has realm sharding enabled only to ensure smooth testing. The playtime limits on WoW Classic have been removed and toxic behavior during testing can result in a suspension from the live game.

Check out our BlizzCon 2018 hub for the latest news!

Realm Sharding Disabled in WoW Classic

If you've played WoW Classic Demo, you probably noticed realm sharding. It's enabled to let as many people as possible experience the game without technical issues and it won't be enabled when the game goes live. Blizzard is looking to deliver an authentic Classic experience.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

As you've noticed, the Classic Demo does have realm sharding. This is to let as many people as possible experience it without technical issues such as server capacity or spawn density getting in the way. 

Longer term, we know how crucial it is to the Classic experience for you to see your friends when you walk into Stormwind or when you’re helping them on a quest you’ve already completed. And there should only ever be one Kazzak on a realm, no matter how many people are waiting for him to spawn.

We’re still looking at how we can best deliver an authentic Classic experience at launch, and in the weeks and months that follow - both in terms of gameplay and community. You won’t see phasing (which is tied to specific quests that don't exist in Classic) or cross-realm zones (which combine multiple realms together) in Classic. However, realm sharding is one of the best tools we have to keep realms stable when hundreds of players are swarming the same initial few zones and killing the same few mobs (like they will be at the launch of Classic). To that end, we do believe that some form of sharding may be helpful, especially in those early days. But we recognize that a cohesive world is critical to WoW Classic and are committed to bringing that to you.

WoW Classic Playtime Limits Removed

WoW Classic Demo was initially available for testing in 60-minute sessions, but the limit was recently lifted, so you can now enjoy uninterrupted gameplay!

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

The playtime limits on the WoW Classic demo have now been removed. Enjoy!

WoW Classic Demo Behavior

Toxic behavior during WoW Classic Demo testing can result in a suspension from the live game.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

As an additional note for your awareness, any behavior that would result in a player being suspended from the WoW Classic Demo will also cause them to be suspended from the live game. This includes suspensions for things like naming violations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2018 at 8:54 PM, Stan said:

As an additional note for your awareness, any behavior that would result in a player being suspended from the WoW Classic Demo will also cause them to be suspended from the live game. This includes suspensions for things like naming violations.

Welp. Seems like the bad trolls were at it again.....

 

On 11/3/2018 at 8:54 PM, Stan said:

We’re still looking at how we can best deliver an authentic Classic experience at launch, and in the weeks and months that follow - both in terms of gameplay and community.

Lags and crashes (hopefully) incluled?

On 11/3/2018 at 8:54 PM, Stan said:

Longer term, we know how crucial it is to the Classic experience for you to see your friends when you walk into Stormwind or when you’re helping them on a quest you’ve already completed. And there should only ever be one Kazzak on a realm, no matter how many people are waiting for him to spawn.

Yes, finally. I looking forward to camp one mob to complete my quest. I missed it. :)
 

Does anyone know if they'll enable mob sharing? (You also get the loot and kill for the mob even when you arent in the same group.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vorguz said:

Does anyone know if they'll enable mob sharing? (You also get the loot and kill for the mob even when you arent in the same group.)



 

They had better not.  All these whiners wanting "classic WoW" should have to deal with all the bad stuff as well.  No sharing of anything.  Someone else tags it first?  Too bad, wait to fight for another spawn.  Mounts?  Have to buy them for each character, no account-wide sharing.  Someone else got to that ore or herb node while you were fighting a monster to get to it?  Too bad for you!

Edited by JestersTear
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JestersTear said:

They had better not.  All these whiners wanting "classic WoW" should have to deal with all the bad stuff as well.  No sharing of anything.  Someone else tags it first?  Too bad, wait to fight for another spawn.  Mounts?  Have to buy them for each character, no account-wide sharing.  Someone else got to that ore or herb node while you were fighting a monster to get to it?  Too bad for you!

Hopefully it is like this. :) Ill even give it a try then.
(But I think our memories have been clouded by our good experiences. We will all miss the qol changes they did imo.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2018 at 1:54 PM, Stan said:
This includes suspensions for things like naming violations.

I named my character "Testacleez" and got banned for a day. REALLY?!?!?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.