FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Update on Planned D4 Announcement at BlizzCon

ixW2kJ8.jpg

It seems the Kotaku leak wasn't that solid, at least when it comes to the timing. Jason Schreier gave an update on the matter, saying Blizzard have disputed the claims of his sources that the announcement was supposed to happen at BlizzCon. However, he still stands by the fact the video was made, which suggests he's actually seen it, and he's apologized for the misinformation (and deleted his original tweet about the fact - but you can still see it in our article).

This is actually extremely weird news, as it made so much more sense that Blizzard did actually know what they were doing when they planned to end the opening ceremony with a Diablo 4 video, but something happened which made them cancel it last minute. As it stands (if we're to believe Schreier), it seems a video was made, but was never planned to be shown at BlizzCon, meaning they did in fact think showing off Immortal as the final/big announcement of the opening ceremony was a good idea. That did not turn out to be the case.

Well this is getting interesting.

If the whole thing is a PR move it has successfully confused me and slightly distracted me from the whole Immortal trainwreck.

So Blizzard DIDN'T wanted to announce anything else and reserved the whole grand stage for a flipping mobile Diablo game that wasn't even made by them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steveson said:

So Blizzard DIDN'T wanted to announce anything else and reserved the whole grand stage for a flipping mobile Diablo game that wasn't even made by them?

Well we are not so sure. If this is true, then something really did happened to have Blizzard decide last minute not to show a video. I have no idea what's going, but this is becoming even more confusing and strange as the days go on. But I still stand by my point that it was stupid decision on Blizzards end to reveal a mobile game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rhondis said:

Well we are not so sure. If this is true, then something really did happened to have Blizzard decide last minute not to show a video. I have no idea what's going, but this is becoming even more confusing and strange as the days go on. But I still stand by my point that it was stupid decision on Blizzards end to reveal a mobile game.

I think that Blizzard PR department has no idea how to deal with this situation at all. After seeing all their blunders that already happened (including that Youtube controversy with deleting comments and dislikes) i wouldn't be surprised in their incompetency.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Starym said:

Well this is getting interesting.

If the whole thing is a PR move it has successfully confused me and slightly distracted me from the whole Immortal trainwreck.

I hope it isn't. It has made me go from wondering on if the Diablo team was just experiencing difficulties and so shit was happening , to wondering if blizzard has actually gone insane and their PR department is totally retarded.

I mean, a trainwreck as a PR move to mitigate global backlash is never a good idea.

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is this the rumored Diablo Netflix series? 😄 It gets better and better every day 😄 

With transgender asian Diablo. Yeah

• Like 3

Blizzard has been taken over by hostile elements.

Probably there are guys in charge that are on the payroll of EA or Ubisoft or whoever.

No, seriously, are they trying to destroy anyhting they build in the last 20 years? How stupid and retarded can the whole PR-Guys be? Fire the whole department, ban them of any public posting (Twitter, Instagramm, Facebook...) for at least 1 year until the learn at least the most common basics about PR.

This is something you definitly couldn't put in a movie - any watcher would complain how totally unrealistic it is. But here we have it - live and in color...

If they have any sort of D4 trailer shot, even if its only 10 secs like that 5 yr old cyberpunk teaser..... It was probably pretty stupid not to show it... Maybe they could've "broken the internet" in the good way....

It's a f-trap. There is nothing D4, and if they even have and not show then they are more idiots than actually now. Absolutely ridiculous what they are doing and let to do by others posting idiotism like this guy.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Hypersonic said:

It's a f-trap. There is nothing D4, and if they even have and not show then they are more idiots than actually now. Absolutely ridiculous what they are doing and let to do by others posting idiotism like this guy.

I don't know why but my eyes hurt every time i try to read it

• Haha 1

It's not a reliable source of information to begin with. That site is known to jump on bandwagon of any "controversy"(like many others) and trying to start their own, so that info of another Diablo game being pulled from Blizzcon was surely fake.

• Like 1

I'm actually sad about this, I wish blizz could handle this announce better than they did. People were not hoping for d4 as it had been out of question for a while now, but they deserved more than an outsourced mobile spin-off, given how quiet it was in Diablo Dept.

5 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Blizzard has been taken over by hostile elements.

Probably there are guys in charge that are on the payroll of EA or Ubisoft or whoever.

No, seriously, are they trying to destroy anyhting they build in the last 20 years? How stupid and retarded can the whole PR-Guys be? Fire the whole department, ban them of any public posting (Twitter, Instagramm, Facebook...) for at least 1 year until the learn at least the most common basics about PR.

This is something you definitly couldn't put in a movie - any watcher would complain how totally unrealistic it is. But here we have it - live and in color...

They don't need EA or Ubisoft reps, Activision owns Blizzard and it is now apparent they aspire to be EA and Ubisoft.

1 hour ago, Sharknad0 said:

They don't need EA or Ubisoft reps, Activision owns Blizzard and it is now apparent they aspire to be EA and Ubisoft.

To be precise, Activision Blizzard (merger of Activision and Vivendi Games, which owned Blizzard among other companies, later Acti-Blizz bought remaining shares of Vivendi) is a holding company, it's subsidiaries being Activision, Blizzard, King and MLG. I wouldn't blame it all on Activision, Blizzard themselves can be greedy on their own, and it's this company's internal decision. 

Edited by Arcling

22 hours ago, shanghaied said:

I dont believe a damn thing that ****show known as Kotaku posts, so I'm not really surprised if they botched the message or reinterpreted info.

I don't understand why any legitimate gaming site posts something that only kotaku has reported on. Wouldn't be surprised if kotaku made up the whole thing.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      In this week's Challenge Rift, we've got Armor of Akkhan Crusader in EU and a Legacy of Nightmares in the US.
      Challenge Rift 105 EU Guide
      Gear
      Armor of Akkhan 7/7 String of Ears Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac (you have a no resource-spending attack, so the ring is worthless) Unity (Follower also has the ring) Akkhan's Manacles Gyrfalcon's Foote Jekangbord Kanai's Cube Powers
      Akkhan's Leniency Aquila Cuirass Convention of Elements Skills
      Blessed ShieldCombust CondemnVacuum Laws of ValorCritical Iron SkinSteel Skin Steed ChargeEndurance Akarat's ChampionProphet Passives
      Indestructible Fervor Finery Towering Shield This week's EU Challenge Rift is somewhat challenging given its time limit. You want to keep Akarat's ChampionProphet up at all times. Blessed ShieldCombust is your main damage-dealing ability, use it whenever Akarat's ChampionProphet is up to one shot everything. Laws of ValorCritical should be used on the Rift Guardian. You can find the weekly clear in Mnemonic's video below.
      Challenge Rift 105 US Guide
      Gear
      Leoric's Crown Golden Gorget of Leoric Aughild's Power Immortal King's Eternal Reign Gladiator Gauntlets Bracers of the First Men The Witching Hour Krede's Flame Band of Might + Bane of the Stricken (Rank 27) Pox Faulds Ice Climbers Odyn Son + Piro Marella Kanai's Cube Powers
      Gyrfalcon's Foote Aquila Cuirass Unity Skills
      Blessed ShieldCombust Steed ChargeEndurance ProvokeHit Me Laws of ValorCritical Iron SkinSteel Skin Akarat's ChampionProphet Passives
      Indestructible Towering Shield Fervor Finery We've got Raxxanterax with his weekly clear as usual. Your only damage-dealing ability is Blessed ShieldCombust and you're going to be using Steed ChargeEndurance for movement. Other abilities can be spammed on Elites and/or when they come off cooldown.
    • By Stan
      This week, we have LoN Witch Doctors in both regions. Check out the latest community guides to complete your weekly clear!
      Challenge Rift 104 EU Guide
      Gear
      Mempo of Twilight Haunt of Vaxo + Mirinae, Teardrop of the Starweaver (Rank 30) Cindercoat Spaulders of Zakara St. Archew's Gage Cord of the Sherma Justice Lantern + Esoteric Alteration (Rank 30) Focus + Enforcer (Rank 48) Custerian Wristguards Zunimassa's Cloth Fire Walkers Shard of Hate + Stormshield Kanai's Cube Powers
      Soulsmasher Tasker and Theo Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac Skills
      Poison DartSplinters HauntPoisoned Spirit Summon Zombie DogsBurning Dogs GargantuanBruiser Spirit WalkSeverance Acid CloudSlow Burn Passives
      Spiritual Attunement Fierce Loyalty Zombie Handler Midnight Feast  You will be using Spirit WalkSeverance to rush through the rift. Don't forget to summon your Gargantuan and Zombie Dogs at the start of the rift, because they will be up permanently. Use Acid CloudSlow Burn to kill larger packs of mobs. Check out Mnemonic's clear for more info!
      Challenge Rift 104 US Guide
      Gear
      Blind Faith Mantle of Channeling Golden Gorget of Leoric Cindercoat Penders Purchase Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer Harrington Waistguard Unity + Gem of Efficacious Toxin (Rank 57) Krede's Flame + Pain Enhancer (Rank 71) Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan Illusory Boots The Barber + Gazing Demise Kanai's Cube Powers
      The Gidbinn Belt of Transcendence The Tall Man's Finger Skills
      FirebatsCloud of Bats Spirit BarrageWell of Souls Summon Zombie DogsBurning Dogs Soul HarvestLanguish Spirit WalkJaunt GargantuanBruiser Passives
      Fierce Loyalty Confidence Ritual Grave Injustice Rush of Essence Raxx advises everyone to kill enemies within 20 yards to reduce cooldowns of your spells with Grave Injustice. He rushed through the rift using mostly Spirit WalkJaunt, Soul HarvestLanguish for increased damage, killing enemies with Spirit BarrageWell of Souls. You can remove FirebatsCloud of Bats from the action bar. Summon Zombie DogsBurning Dogs and GargantuanBruiser are only used on the Rift Guardian.
    • By Stan
      In Challenge Rift 103, we've got Sunwuko Monk in EU and a Spirit Generator Monk in NA.
      Challenge Rift 103 EU Guide
      Gear
      Monkey King's Garb Set (6/6) Includes Sunwuko's Shines + Bane of the Powerful (Rank 45) The Witching Hour Bindings of the Lesser Gods Convention of Elements + Bane of the Stricken (Rank 28) Leoric's Signet Kyoshiro's Blade + Empyrean Messenger Kanai's Cube Powers
      Incense Torch of the Grand Temple Spirit Guards Ring of Royal Grandeur Skills
      Crippling WaveTsunami Wave of LightExplosive Light Dashing StrikeBlinding Speed Sweeping WindInner Storm Mystic AllyAir Ally Mantra of SalvationAgility Passives
      Seize the Initiative Sixth Sense Harmony The Guardian's Path In EU, we have a Sunwuko Monk and Mnemonic_1 will take you through the run in the latest video.
      Challenge Rift 103 US Guide
      Gear
      Raiment of a Thousand Storms Set (5/6) The Ess of Johan + Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard (Rank 70) Magefist Bindings of the Lesser Gods Sash of Knives Bul-Kathos's Wedding Band + Gogok of Swiftness (Rank 36) Leoric's Signet + Simplicity's Strength (Rank 70) Shenlong's Fist of Legend + Shenlong's Relentless Assault Kanai's Cube Powers
      Incense Torch of the Grand Temple Depth Diggers Ring of Royal Grandeur Skills
      Way of the Hundred FistsAssimilation Crippling WaveMangle Dashing StrikeRadiance Breath of HeavenInfused with Light SerenityAscension Mantra of SalvationAgility Passives
      Harmony Exalted Soul Alacrity Seize the Initiative To guide you through the Spirit Generator Monk we have Raxx. What you need to do is Dash often and use Crippling Wave on enemies. When elites explode pop Serenity for immunity and you're good to go. 
    • By Stan
      It's time for Challenge Rift #102! In Europe, we've got a Firebird's Wizard, and in the US, players need to complete the clear with a LoN Archon Wizard build.
      Challenge Rift 102 EU Guide
      Gear
      Firebird's Finery 6/7 Ouroboros Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer Bul-Kathos's Wedding Band Justice Lantern + Mutilation Guard (Rank 31) Wand of Woh + Orb of Infinite Depth Kanai's Cube Powers
      Azurewrath Leoric's Crown Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac Skills
      Arcane TorrentFlame Ward BlizzardApocalypse Magic WeaponIgnite Energy ArmorPrismatic Armor Explosive BlastShort Fuse Wave of ForceHeat Wave Passives
      Blur Astral Presence Conflagration Elemental Exposure In EU, we've got a Firebird's Wizard and Mnemonic_1's guide will help you clear the Challenge Rift.
      Challenge Rift 102 US Guide
      Gear
      Crown of the Primus Spaulders of Zakara Ouroboros Aquila Cuirass Gladiator Gauntlets Krelm's Buff Bracers Hergbrash's Binding Halo of Karini + Bane of the Stricken (Rank 8 ) Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac + Gogok of Swiftness (Rank 25) Vyr's Fantastic Finery Fire Walkers Genzaniku + Primordial Soul Kanai's Cube Powers
      The Furnace The Swami Manald Heal Skills
      Arcane TorrentStatic Discharge Black HoleAbsolute Zero ArchonSlow Time TeleportWormhole Energy ArmorForce Armor Magic WeaponDeflection Passives
      Paralysis Evocation Audacity Unstable Anomaly Here's the weekly clear by Zanthyst Gaming, running a LoN Archon Wizard build on the NA side.
    • By Stan
      The latest Challenge Rift #101 revolves around Barbarians. We have Immortal King's Barbarian in Europe and a Glass Cannon Barbarian in North America. Check out the video guides and claim your reward!
      Challenge Rift 101 EU Guide
      Gear
      Immortal King's Call (6/7) The Traveler's Pledge Mantle of Channeling Stone of Jordan + Taeguk (Rank 38) Avarice Band + Pain Enhancer (Rank 25) Bul-Kathos's Warrior Blood + Bul-Kathos's Solemn Vow Kanai's Cube Powers
      The Furnace Aquila Cuirass Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac Skills
      Ignore PainIron Hide WhirlwindDust Devils Wrath of the BerserkerThrive on Chaos Call of the AncientsTogether as One Sprint Battle RageMarauder's Rage Passives
      Berserker Rage Weapons Master Brawler Animosity Mnemonic is here with a guide covering the latest EU Challenge Rift.
      Challenge Rift 101 US Guide
      Gear
      Deathseer's Cowl Fury of the Ancients Mara's Kaleidoscope + Boyarsky's Chip (Rank 3) Magefist Tyrael's Might Vambraces of Sescheron Girdle of Giants Wyrdward + Bane of the Stricken (Rank 25) Rogar's Huge Stone + Simplicity's Strength (Rank 6) Weight of the Earth Blackthorne's Spurs Doombringer + Utar's Roar Kanai's Cube Powers
      Bastion's Revered The Undisputed Champion N/A Skills
      FrenzyManiac Ignore PainIron Hide Furious ChargeMerciless Assault Threatening ShoutFalter War CryVeteran's Warning Wrath of the BerserkerInsanity Passives
      Ruthless Berserker Rage Boon of Bul-Kathos Tough as Nails Raxx is back with his #2 NA clear of the weekly Challenge Rift.