FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

PTR Demonology Changes, Darkshore Warfront Testing

aK00Gru.jpg

We have some PTR news, as Demonology Warlocks get their Demonic Consumption talent buffed by getting more chances at receiving the Demonic Core buff and the Tyrant gets even stronger by consuming Imps.

Blizzard LogoDemonology Changes (source)

In the current build up on the PTR (Public Test Realm), a few changes were made to the Demonic Consumption Demonic Consumption level 100 talent:

- Any imp that the Summon Demonic Tyrant Summon Demonic Tyrant consumes now has a chance to grant you the Demonic Core Demonic Core buff. If your Tyrant consumes six imps when summoned, you have six individual chances to get a Demonic Core Demonic Core buff applied to you.
- The damage buff to Summon Demonic Tyrant Summon Demonic Tyrant from consuming the Wild Imps is now much higher.

One additional note about Summon Demonic Tyrant Summon Demonic Tyrant:

- In an upcoming build, Summon Demonic Tyrant Summon Demonic Tyrant will also extend the duration of any demons summoned from the Nether Portal Nether Portal level 100 talent.

There's also going to be another Warfront with the blues event tomorrow, focusing on the Horde side of the Darkshore event.

Blizzard LogoDarkshore Warftont Blues Event (source)

We're planning another testing session for the new Darkshore Warfront coming in Tides of Vengeance, and would love for you to join us!

Tomorrow, November 8, beginning at 4 PM Pacific time (7 PM Eastern), we'll be queuing for the new Warfront. As with previous tests, we'll be making a couple PTR-only changes: there will be special queuing tables set up in Orgrimmar and Zandalar, and any character level 110 or higher will be able to participate.

Additionally, there are a couple of changes to the Darkshore zone that we've enabled for testing purposes which we'd like to clarify. All of the Darkshore World Quests are currently active on PTR, and both factions are able to loot the treasures scattered around the zone. After release, only the faction that currently holds the zone will be able to loot the treasures, and only a handful of the World Quests will be enabled at any one time.

We hope to see you tomorrow evening!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Starym said:

In the current build up on the PTR (Public Test Realm), a few changes were made to the Demonic ConsumptionDemonic Consumption level 100 talent:

- Any imp that the Summon Demonic TyrantSummon Demonic Tyrant consumes now has a chance to grant you the Demonic CoreDemonic Core buff. If your Tyrant consumes six imps when summoned, you have six individual chances to get a Demonic CoreDemonic Core buff applied to you.
- The damage buff to Summon Demonic TyrantSummon Demonic Tyrant from consuming the Wild Imps is now much higher.

One additional note about Summon Demonic TyrantSummon Demonic Tyrant:

- In an upcoming build, Summon Demonic TyrantSummon Demonic Tyrant will also extend the duration of any demons summoned from the Nether PortalNether Portal level 100 talent.

Yeah because THAT'S the most underpowered and least played spec that needs more tuning on PTR. Don't you agree Elem-shamans, Shadowpriests and Afflilocks?

45 minutes ago, Steveson said:

Yeah because THAT'S the most underpowered and least played spec that needs more tuning on PTR. Don't you agree Elem-shamans, Shadowpriests and Afflilocks?

As someone who mains Demo, yea. I am pretty fucking happy about, Demonic Consumption is barely comparable to the other two talents. Relax. I am sure they will get to the other classes! Patience my friend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhondis said:

As someone who mains Demo, yea. I am pretty fucking happy about, Demonic Consumption is barely comparable to the other two talents. Relax. I am sure they will get to the other classes! Patience my friend.

Elemental Shamans and Shadowpriests were pretty flipping patient ever since Legion class reworks came out. I mean yeah Blizzard fixed Demolocks in BFA and they are now a very fun spec to play. But there is also a big problem with it because well they are pretty much all over the place. Even matchmaking in LFG sometimes puts all three dps as demolocks. And that would've been pretty tolerable if the bosses didn't needed to be interrupted while casting a masswipe spell. Demolocks CAN interrupt spells but only with felhunter as an active pet. But they always go for more dps and use felguard 24/7.

Edited by Steveson

2 hours ago, Steveson said:

Ele and shadow already got buffs and affli is 1 of the best performing specs wtf are you talking about?

I don't think the changes will make Nether Portal any more attractive to players, as it's still a clunky mess that makes for a very annoying rotation every time it's up.

Demonic consumption... I don't know. Something tells me no, but we'll see.

As for other posters, agree that Shadow and Elemental needs some love. Hope 8.1 will give it to you.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Ele and shadow already got buffs and affli is 1 of the best performing specs wtf are you talking about?

Really? You call minor tweaks a fulltime buffs? These specs are in dire need of a complete rework from the scratch.
And about aflliction being the pest performing spec - a spec with mediocre singletarget and literally none-existent AOE is the best one? What kind of the opposite dimension you live in?

39 minutes ago, Steveson said:

a spec with mediocre singletarget and literally none-existent AOE is the best one? What kind of the opposite dimension you live in?

He is the best performing specc in Singletarget by far... and in the middle at AoE. Don't see where you get your infos from. Demonology is way worse. Only a LITTLE better in AoE.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19/#boss=2144

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19/#boss=2128

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19/#boss=2136

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19/#boss=2145

Edited by kakodaimonos

1 minute ago, kakodaimonos said:

He is the best performing specc in Singletarget by far... and in the middle by AoE. Don't see where you get your infos from. Demonology is way worse. Only a LITTLE better in AoE.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19/#boss=2144

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19/#boss=2128

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19/#boss=2136

Oh and also according to this Shadowpriests are better than majority of the specs. I don't think this should be considered legit.

3 minutes ago, Steveson said:

Oh and also according to this Shadowpriests are better than majority of the specs. I don't think this should be considered legit.

Well their damage is actually OK in Raids the class just plays like crap.

Edited by kakodaimonos

1 hour ago, Lith said:

To be fair , I main a ele shaman , haven’t played the ptr for the changes , but from what I saw and read it’s more of a overwork with maybe a tad buff they are focusing on the earth shock damage and lightning bolt damage as a overall Vers going in and changing talents / damage % , and how it’s played, most talents I see right now go more along the ascendence build rather then storm ele / lightning bolt . The storm ele / lightning bolt benefits areas where it can line up with lust.

55 minutes ago, kakodaimonos said:

Well their damage is actually OK in Raids the class just plays like crap.

So people who do main shadowpriests right now are hardcore masochists who can still dish out so much damage that even MM hunters would be jealous?
This is both insane and kind of  fitting to their spec fantasy to be honest))

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steveson said:

What do you mean it shouldn't be considered legit? These are logs performed by actual players not sims or whatever if this is not legit nothing is.

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

What do you mean it shouldn't be considered legit? These are logs performed by actual players not sims or whatever if this is not legit nothing is.

- Nobody picks Shadowpriests for raids and mythics due to their low dps and survivability
- One of the best dps specs in the game according to stats

Yeah that seems logical

8 hours ago, Lampanelli said:

I don't think the changes will make Nether Portal any more attractive to players, as it's still a clunky mess that makes for a very annoying rotation every time it's up.

Demonic consumption... I don't know. Something tells me no, but we'll see.

As for other posters, agree that Shadow and Elemental needs some love. Hope 8.1 will give it to you.

It appeals to me? I mean Nether Portal is a really cool and fun talent. The reason why its not as popular as sacrificed souls is due to secondary stats lacking. Demo is fun, but with the azerite pieces not containing any base haste or mastery it's rather slow in its buildup.

8 hours ago, Steveson said:

And about aflliction being the pest performing spec - a spec with mediocre singletarget and literally none-existent AOE is the best one? What kind of the opposite dimension you live in?

The dimension where virtually every parse with a warlock on Warcraftlogs, if there were any at all, were all Affliction.

So this dimension. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/19

Check out Fetid ;)

At this point Steveson should just be ignored. Hes talking as though he is looking at data but then says the opposite of what the data does. Affl locks are OP right now, they are so far ahead in single target its ridiculous. As previously mentioned as well, SP and Ele sham arent performing badly, they just are really bad to play. SP have a showing in mythic raids just as ELE do, however they arent fun so the amount of people actually playing them is just lower. They are currently 100% viable and perform accordingly.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Steveson said:

Elemental Shamans and Shadowpriests were pretty flipping patient ever since Legion class reworks came out. I mean yeah Blizzard fixed Demolocks in BFA and they are now a very fun spec to play. But there is also a big problem with it because well they are pretty much all over the place. Even matchmaking in LFG sometimes puts all three dps as demolocks. And that would've been pretty tolerable if the bosses didn't needed to be interrupted while casting a masswipe spell. Demolocks CAN interrupt spells but only with felhunter as an active pet. But they always go for more dps and use felguard 24/7.

Elemental Shaman was dope in Legion, there's nothing really wrong with the design, just needs a buff.

12 hours ago, Whisla said:

At this point Steveson should just be ignored. Hes talking as though he is looking at data but then says the opposite of what the data does

Yeah right. Just like "dumb entitled manchildren" of Diablo fanbase who does not know ANYTHING. Cute.

It's caled AN OPINION. Everyone should have it. And trying to shut someone up with a different one is not the smartest move ya know.

Also i find VERY hard to believe that Shadowpriests are better that 60% of other dps specs. And that aflliction is better than 90%. I mean have you ever tried using your common sense instead of warcraftlogs? If we're gonna follow the logic that this website is 100% correct then we need to completely nerf both affliction and shadow since they are so OP. While also giving massive buffs to both DK dps specs who TOTALLY do not rip everyone's faces off right now. And then WoW would be perfect. With people only playing mages, hunters, monks and holy priests.

Edited by Steveson

10 hours ago, durdyenglish said:

Elemental Shaman was dope in Legion, there's nothing really wrong with the design, just needs a buff.

Afaik the problem is precisely that they were really dope in Legion and then Blizzard screwed up their design for BFA, removing most of the fun part and leaving in a clunky spec.

12 hours ago, Seksi said:

Afaik the problem is precisely that they were really dope in Legion and then Blizzard screwed up their design for BFA, removing most of the fun part and leaving in a clunky spec.

In Legion playing Elemental in the open world was a non-starter. You would spend twice as long doing everything compared with the same gear but going Enhancement. They could spike with crazy AoE damage once a minute but otherwise had all the impact of being slapped with a small fish.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Steveson said:

Yeah right. Just like "dumb entitled manchildren" of Diablo fanbase who does not know ANYTHING. Cute.

It's caled AN OPINION. Everyone should have it. And trying to shut someone up with a different one is not the smartest move ya know.

Also i find VERY hard to believe that Shadowpriests are better that 60% of other dps specs. And that aflliction is better than 90%. I mean have you ever tried using your common sense instead of warcraftlogs? If we're gonna follow the logic that this website is 100% correct then we need to completely nerf both affliction and shadow since they are so OP. While also giving massive buffs to both DK dps specs who TOTALLY do not rip everyone's faces off right now. And then WoW would be perfect. With people only playing mages, hunters, monks and holy priests.

Your opionion doesnt really matter when what you saying is the opposite of reality. Afflicition is a really strong spec if you think otherwise you are just stupid nothing more to talk about there. Also with todays balance everything is completely viable evan for the highest level of progression maybe ppl like you should learn how to use their character istead of complaining on forums.

• Like 1