FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shimino

Trinkets and Sims

Hi fellow Hunters

I manage to grab a few ilvl 370 trinkets. I have right now ( Galecaller's Boon - Lustrous Golden Plumage - Azzerok's Resonating Heart ) and an ilvl 385 ( Kul Tiran Cannonball Runner ). Sims tell me to use Kul Tiran and Lustrous. But I hate Kul Tiran so I go with Lustrous and Galecaller's since the dmg differential is few.

If I put Kul Tiran aside sims tell me to go Azzerok's and Lustrous. I need help. I am confused.

Thanks

What are your exact sim settings, and how big is the difference between combinations? Can you post your raidbot results or the /simc string through a pastebin?

Do i understand you correctly with this statement: if you sim with Cannonball Runner your second best option is Lustrous and Galecaller's  and without Cannonball Runner your best option is Azzerok's and Lustrous ? If that is the case: how big is the difference between this to options? If  its pretty small - it probably is just a result of result-variation.

I don't want to go to deep with explaining how simulation works, but you do have so called variations in results. You can observe this if you run the simulation more than once, your achieved max DPS will fluctuate slightly. The more iteration you do, the less fluctuation you will achiev (so called "Law of large numbers).

Take the sim-results as a guideline and not as a mandatory setup. As jinsu2301 already said, results depend an simulation-config. You can configure a lot...but i think most users (and so do i) do simulation with default-options. I'm not quite sure, but the default-options should give a result for a dumb single target fight without mechanics and adds (so called Patchwerk-fight). You can also simulate other fighttypes if you like. This could be a reason why you get an unexpected gearsetup.

Then, there is one big thing simulation is not take care of: your personal feeling and your skillcap. A simulation is normally based on a proper fight-executation (and hence proper use of trinkets). If you think you can't use a trinket properly (for exemple due to often outrange or no appropriate position), you propably will achiev a better performance with an other trinket.

Okay, so the difference between Galecaller/Plumage and Azzerok/Plumage is about 0.5%. However the settings you choose are practically the worst case scenario for Galecaller since it's on a 1min CD, i.e. in a 3:00 fight you could use Galecaller 3 times, but in a 3:10 fight you would get 4 full uses, where it would definitely pull ahead.

You also have to keep the specific encounter in mind. In a fight with a lot of movement and weak opportunities to stay in one place for those 10 seconds, Galecaller might loose out.

All in all, I think you should go with Galecaller/Plumage. But it is close enough that you won't hurt too much if you go with Azzerok.

Edited by jinsu2301

Thanks for all the answers it helped alot.

My main Goal is M+10 and thats why I have set the fight time to 3mins. Which trinkets do you think works best for high M+ ?

Best Regards