FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
rerolledamage

Need some help low dps but fairly geared mage

Need some assistance as I have been seeing some mages pull much higher numbers than I do (am working on getting a WoL tonight from SoO norm) but seems my average is around 220k dps and up to high 200s low 300s on some aoe intense boss fights. I just changed from Frost Bomb to LB and am looking at switching to glyph of IV since my haste is at 16k to possilbly stop the hard cap when lust is hit. Just looking for some pointers I usually do not use ice lance until I have a proc up but just looking for some overall insight.

Thanks

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/%C3%87hilblains/simple

There is no hard cap. Why do people still think there is a hardcap? :(

I thought I got everyone to realize that months ago.

You're set up just fine. If you find yourself missing FFBs from Brain Freezes then I would drop down to 14242 haste. Otherwise keep stacking if you're feeling comfortable.

FCoR + Frostbomb is fun and all but not ideal, you may wish to drop that. See my guide in this forum for more info.

1) Always glyph Icy Veins. Only experimental theorycrafters do otherwise.

2) Never use ice lance to dump icicles during a rotation, it's a DPS loss. Only experimental theorycrafters would push a T-3 sec BBoY proc push.

I'm trying to find out why you think your numbers are low.  That sounds about right to me unless you somehow think your play style warrants you are a top 1%.  I'm doing about the same numbers as you am I'm not at all concerned they should be higher.  At some point, you have to realize people can just be a better gamer than you.  After gemming, reforging, all the min maxing in the world, it comes down to some people just being better at hand eye coordination, button smashing, and multitasking.  Be happy with your numbers, they are probably even higher than mine.

As true as that is, Akomagus, he could investigate some UI changes, keybind changes, or other things to try to improve himself a bit.

I'm not too sure many people who are willing to go to a forum are going to be the "I use a default UI, addons are a crutch" crowd.

@OP: Post a screenshot of your UI while in combat, preferably a raid group. Let me pick it apart :)

And WoL log files are also would be nice to see if there is something that you might be missing. Based on DPS, I highly doubt, but who knows. :) Optimal movement during fights is also a usual problem among frost mages.

As true as that is, Akomagus, he could investigate some UI changes, keybind changes, or other things to try to improve himself a bit.

I'm not too sure many people who are willing to go to a forum are going to be the "I use a default UI, addons are a crutch" crowd.

@OP: Post a screenshot of your UI while in combat, preferably a raid group. Let me pick it apart smile.png

Yeah, i just don't think his numbers are that bad.  Speak of keybinds, I wish I could get used to my naga razer and actually make use out of it, lol.  Nowadays I have so little time to play the last thing I feel like doing is setting up equipment when I still need lesser charms, and an Ordos and Celestials kill on 4 toons.  (ELVUI ftw!)

@OP: Post a screenshot of your UI while in combat, preferably a raid group. Let me pick it apart smile.png

Could you post a snapshot of your UI?   How folks set up their screen is something I rarely see shared and something I know I could benefit from.

Could you post a snapshot of your UI?   How folks set up their screen is something I rarely see shared and something I know I could benefit from.

Can't get to a screenshot from my work PC.

I'll post one when I get home smile.png

I am using Weakauras 2 for this purpose with the following setup:

av4d.jpg

As you can see all of my procs are listed on the screen, with internal CD counter (if that exists on the trinket).

Some CD counter on the buttons, dot tracker with ForteXorcist, and casting time thingy, cuz why not? biggrin.png

A bit minimalist, but it's confortable for me like this :33

Oh, and a swagalishious Ordos. XD

I'm such a horrible person I forgot to get a screenshot.

I have this old one from last tier, everything is pretty much the same:

WoWScrnShot_071713_230947_zps41bcd154.jp