FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Skulldancer

5 year absence (Oct. 2013) needs help getting back right. Holy/Ret

I've been away for a long time. I was a pretty good holy main ret off spec on competitive raid teams (ante meridiem stormrage) for most of Cata and part of Panda before stepping down from raiding. 

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/Skulldancer

I was using grid, decursive, titan panel, and deadly boss mods (I think also recount or skada). I was also using macros. Are those still in use today or has Blizzard changed everything
What are some useful reading materials for getting back into the groove? I was parsing decent numbers on at the time. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Edited by Skulldancer

12 hours ago, Skulldancer said:

I was using grid, decursive, titan panel, and deadly boss mods (I think also recount or skada). I was also using macros. Are those still in use today or has Blizzard changed everything

Those are all still being updated and widely used, especially DBM. Personally, I don't think that Grid and Decursive are necessary, the default raid frames have seen a massive overhaul and are actually usuable now. Instead of Recount and Skada, most people are switching now to Details!, but Skada is still a valid option. 

Useful websites would be Wowhead and Icy Veins for guides on not just classes/specs and raids/dungeons but pretty much any aspect of the game. Bloodmallet is a good source for looking into DPS trinket and azerite trait rankings, and there is raidbots which makes simming DPS extremely easy. If you are looking for some decent video guides and feature overviews, Bellular's videos should help to get a good grasp of the current content and features.           And whatever you do, stay away from Noxxic.

18 hours ago, Skulldancer said:

I've been away for a long time. I was a pretty good holy main ret off spec on competitive raid teams (ante meridiem stormrage) for most of Cata and part of Panda before stepping down from raiding. 

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/Skulldancer

What are some useful reading materials for getting back into the groove? I was parsing decent numbers on at the time. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Anyone??

As for the Holy Paladin related resources, our guide here is a good start and you can visit the Hammer of Wrath discord if you have any questions.  There is a large community of experienced raiders and PVPers willing to answer questions, analyze logs, etc.  Here is the link: https://goo.gl/hE2n1a