FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
grimdeceiver

Question about Warlock PvP

I am getting back into PvP since Cata and I seem just to be doing no DMG to anyone in either Afflic or Destro.  I think it's still me mostly, but what is the best spec for Arena locks right now, as well as for BG's?

Hi mate !

Same here. Im getting back into WoW since WOTLK (where i was like killing machine with my destro :) ) and i was wondering what to spec for pvp (2s/3s).If somebody can give me an advice about that and proper combs also. A friend and I are goint to try ele/destro (or like someones said demo is better for 2s). What do you think?

I have not used my warlock much for PvP this season and warlocks don´t look to be a very well represented class in PvP this season. This season i play Resto shaman and have not had any issues with warlocks destroying our team though affli warlocks can be very nasty in the right hands.

2´s: I would generaly adivise against using a warlock in 2´s if you aim for high rating. They are not powerfull enough to be super viable in a healer/DPS comp, but if you want to use it anyway Shaman or druid healer are strong picks. If you play with a healer Destro performs better then the other specs though all 3 can work if played really well. If you run doubble DPS what spec you are dont matter much, aslong as you CC properly and time your burst well with your partner you should be able to get wins with all 3 specs. Though again i think destro works better since either you get a quick kill or you loose.

3´s: Yet again warlock are relativley weak but they are alot more viable in 3´s then in 2´s. And here there is little argument about what spec to play, affli rules the day here. With the controll spam fears bring combined with the DoT preassure a warlock is not to underestimated. For comps warlocks work well in spell cleave, shadow cleave and preassure comps. Avoid classes that use fears, like priests, since the warlock will be using fear liberaly diminishing returns will be a big issue. Shamans and druids are two healers that always work well with warlocks. Mages, warriors, boomies and unholy deathknights are good picks for DPS. I have also seen rogues and ferals used with warlocks but i havent been very impressed by this comp.

BGs (RBGs): I have no clue how warlocks perform here. I imagine Afflie being very powerfull with its multi DoTing, but destro and demo both have their own merits. If someone else have experience in this matter please let us know the state of warlocks in BGs.

General note on the "i do no DPS" issue: How is your gear? With the state of healing and and general PvP tuning unless you have conquest gear (Weapons and trinkets primarily) you wont see amazing performance. In the first few weeks of the season it was almost impossible to score kills. Every game you played took 15 min. However this resolved its self with gear, when people started to get weapons and other key items things started dying "normaly" again. Of course improving ones play is the absolute best way to see better winrates but this season gear have a very big impact.

Thank you very much for the fast answer mate !

A lot of things got cristal clear now. I think i will stick with the destro atm and for 2s (maybe i can try also demo for 2s) and aff for 3s since shadowcleave seems to be rly powerfull comb. 

Have a nice day !