FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
thomasowans

Help me please with peripherals.

Hey everyone.

I upgraded my PC recently and it's awesome. I can play whatever I want. But I have some issues with the gaming mouse.

I saw that there are such gaming peripherals for MOBA games, like Razer Naga mouse. So I would like to know if it is worth buying for better gaming experience?

And one more question about keyboards. Mechanical or keyboard like in laptops? Which is better for gaming?

On 11/19/2018 at 2:18 PM, thomasowans said:

Hey everyone.

I upgraded my PC recently and it's awesome. I can play whatever I want. But I have some issues with the gaming mouse.

I saw that there are such gaming peripherals for MOBA games, like Razer Naga mouse. So I would like to know if it is worth buying for better gaming experience?

And one more question about keyboards. Mechanical or keyboard like in laptops? Which is better for gaming?

So, personally, I'd say it's not majorly important on the mouse front. When there were far more abilities in games like WoW, having side buttons on your mouse was a huge help (also in MOBAs like DOTA, since you have 6 item slots to add keybinds for as well). Nowadays, I don't really think it's all that worth it. I'd just find a mouse that you like the feel of, that fits your hand well and that has a good weight. 

Some players prefer lighter mouse options for FPS games, since you can make small movements more easily, but again, it's all personal preference.

For keyboards, I definitely think mechanical is the way to go. This explanation from Reddit describes the difference pretty well:

A normal keyboard is a "membrane". Basically, when you press a key, it presses on a squishy rubber bubble underneath. When you push it down far enough, a pad on the inside of the bubble hits the circuit and triggers a key press. The bubble is what provides resistance and returns the key back to the normal position.

Mechanical keyboards use a physical switch to trigger the keypress, and a spring to provide resistance/return to normal position.

They trigger more reliably. The stroke and pressure is more consistent and can be changed to suit the user. Different switches can provide different feels (clicks, detents, smooth actuation). The mechanical switch wears out more slowly than a rubber membrane. They also have less wiggle in each key, thanks to how they're mounted in the switch. Generally, they're built more solidly (more metal, less plastic).

It's sort of the difference between using a Bic pen and a Montblanc. They do the same job, but one is certainly more consistent, customized to you, and higher quality.

Once again, though, it is personal preference. If you can, go into a store, actually physically hold them and see what feels best for you.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:43 PM, Blainie said:

So, personally, I'd say it's not majorly important on the mouse front. When there were far more abilities in games like WoW, having side buttons on your mouse was a huge help (also in MOBAs like DOTA, since you have 6 item slots to add keybinds for as well). Nowadays, I don't really think it's all that worth it. I'd just find a mouse that you like the feel of, that fits your hand well and that has a good weight. 

Some players prefer lighter mouse options for FPS games, since you can make small movements more easily, but again, it's all personal preference.

For keyboards, I definitely think mechanical is the way to go. This explanation from Reddit describes the difference pretty well:

Once again, though, it is personal preference. If you can, go into a store, actually physically hold them and see what feels best for you.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:45 PM, avensis said:

Hi, I also find that it depends on you, everyone has a different point of view on this subject there are people who attaches great importance to the keyboard and mouse, I also advise you to go to a store for test them and have a better opinion

Thanks, both of you. 

I bought a mechanical Corsair K70 on Cherry MX Blue and Razer Mamba Chroma Wireless. I know it's overpriced, but I love how the mouse looking on it's charging platform.