Jump to content
FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
TheBZA

Why aren't Nemesis Bracers included in every GR pushing build?

Recommended Posts

Almost always my biggest GR hurdle (before the RG) is finding elite packs; many builds avoid killing other enemies altogether. Nemesis Bracers help me find more elite packs, which means I finish GRs faster, which I think means I climb higher. I suspect that last part is wrong, because as far as I can tell Nemesis Bracers are not included in every GR pushing build. Why not?

Edited by TheBZA
punctuation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know for myself, Nemesis bracers are good to a certain point. Since they spawn a group of elites, you more often than not have a chance of getting nearly instantly stomped if you happen to get an elite group with a pretty rough modifier on it.

 

For me it's not worth the risk vs some benefits that other bracers have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming from someone who pushes up into the 90's and beyond on Witch Doctor at least:

Lakumbas is mandatory for pushing. The damage and toughness boost is absolutely necessary to survive.

The only other option is to cube it and the armor slot on all but maybe the LoN spirit barrage is too valuable to pass up.

For example: If I am a Jade Harvester WD, I need Lakumbas 100% to not die when pushing, and I need Quezecotal in the armor cube slot for the significant damage boost. If I replace either with Nemesis I can certainly find more elites, but if I lack the survivability any errant fart one shots me, or if I lack the damage boost they take an eternity to die, then finding them faster does nothing, and when you are pushing to your limits the elites wont die in a heartbeat but you might, so every bit of damage and survivability counts.

I imagine the scenario is similar for other classes.

Edited by Skipples
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TangTheUndrinkable said:

The question you should be asking is what are the pushers using instead of Nemesis Bracers that's getting them where they are. 

 

I am not sure that's true. There are many other bracers and many reasons for using them, but only one Nemesis Bracers.

Edited by TheBZA
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DaActionSaxon said:

I know for myself, Nemesis bracers are good to a certain point. Since they spawn a group of elites, you more often than not have a chance of getting nearly instantly stomped if you happen to get an elite group with a pretty rough modifier on it.

 

For me it's not worth the risk vs some benefits that other bracers have.

That brings up another good point though: I also get to prepare before spawning the elite pack, which tends to make them easier. And I will definitely fight them while affected by a pylon, which can make the difficulty trivial (especially if it's shield or power, and channeling for some builds).

Edited by TheBZA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheBZA said:

That brings up another good point though: I also get to prepare before spawning the elite pack, which tends to make them easier. And I will definitely fight them while affected by a pylon, which can make the difficulty trivial (especially if it's shield or power, and channeling for some builds).

I think overall in the meta aspect of the game, the benefits of other pieces just supercede what some players find as useful from one more elite pack. For me personally it's a must have for progression and absolute for farming, Who doesn't like a guarenteed hit right? 

For me, unless I have something wayyy better it stays on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question is: Which tier do we talk about?

Sure, if we are talking about low GR, like GR 50, there is nothing better then Nemesis Bracer. Because you want to clear the GR ASAP.

Same if you farm for crafting materials, legenderies or other stuff - since there is only Torment XIII, you want to have as many elites as possible. If another bracer gives you more damage or damage reduction is irrelevant. Nemesis Bracers are almost always the best choice.

But if you come to higher tiers of GR, you just need more damage reduction. There are amazing bracers that reduce the damage you take considerably.  -> Without those bracers you just die. More elites won't help, if you can't survive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely love nemesis bracers, won't take em off till I have too. Some Grifts suck for elites and we like to kill everything even if It's not worth it. Me and a buddy are only at GR 67 right now though. And on hardcore and wondering how the hell to get much past GR lvl 70. Seems these people are probably very correct. Will need the cube armor spot for something great defensively, and bracers and everything else with great defensive boosts.  I have one of each class looking pretty good. Just one looking like GR Lvl 70 is impending.  
My Thorns build Crusader I think can do it, great defence, great damage, very few ancients. Tonnes of room for improvement. So I'll get there with him soon I'm guessing. I'd rather nemesis bracers than the chance for 1000% thorns explosion personally, unless my buddy has the nemesis bracers on. But my crusader is the only one who doesn't have to be perfect seemingly. I have almost all ancient Tal Rasha's with my Wizard and the Meteor stuff and a great ancient weapon, and she's gonna die. Same with my Leap Barb. I may just focus on my Crusader til I unlock Primal ancients, and go back to slow building and not pushing to fast with the rest, if I'm smart. I should wait for the new patch with damage boosts. But next time You hear from me I'm pretty sure they'll all be dead.


It gets wildly difficult after Gr lvl 65 it seems. So without the best builds and perfect cycling of skills I would guess you shouldn't use the nemesis bracers after that. 
But that can depend, Imagine a few higher Paragon, augmented primal ancient stacked players might have a thing or 2 to say about that. If it's group GR's you'd hope if communication is an option (I only ever played in co op same screen on xbox 1), that it's decided who can best afford to put them on, and make sure one does and that they grab the pylons. 
In the end, users choice if solo. You'll probably want them on unless you are pushing the difficulty to your absolute max. It's quicker to have them on if time is more of an issue than getting your *filtered* kicked. I've gone through that too, that perfect difficulty. But since that would only be because you aren't killing fast enough, it doesn't always help. Depends what spawns. It's saved the Grift for me before, and been no difference before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 9:53 AM, WedgeAntilles said:

Question is: Which tier do we talk about?

Sure, if we are talking about low GR, like GR 50, there is nothing better then Nemesis Bracer. Because you want to clear the GR ASAP.

Same if you farm for crafting materials, legenderies or other stuff - since there is only Torment XIII, you want to have as many elites as possible. If another bracer gives you more damage or damage reduction is irrelevant. Nemesis Bracers are almost always the best choice.

But if you come to higher tiers of GR, you just need more damage reduction. There are amazing bracers that reduce the damage you take considerably.  -> Without those bracers you just die. More elites won't help, if you can't survive.

^This. 

Everyone is using Nemesis Bracers for farming low and mid-level GRs.  In the current season I wear them up through GR 75, before switching to Strongarm (Roland's Crusader).  Optimized builds you see on diablofans and the leaderboard are for the upper limitations of the build where toughness and DPS is paramount.  You'll get one-shotted by any elite pylon spawn (except Protection, obvs) without insane toughness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...