FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Padagons

Hey guys, did Paragons last week, looking for a DPS critique.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/an0rn761ovnu5j99/sum/damageDone/?s=319&e=784

More immolate. More Rain of fire. Pad harder pls. Write blizzard a note to stop mechanics like mutate from targetting you.

Edited by Typecast

Needs more F&B Incinerate spam and less Chaos Bolt misses.  Otherwise, I give it a solid B+.  :D

I was about to change the thread title until I got the joke.

Don't you change my titles on me.

Rofl, didn't even see your name to be honest.  I'm a positive ninja mod who occasionally corrects spelling for others without their consent.  Does that make me a bad person?

The more important thing is...... Chaos Bolt misses.

• Like 1

Lol how many parasites did you actually spawn?

I remember a couple months ago having one round get through which was pretty hilarious as Demonology. People trying to CC them but not knowing I'd dropped a 1min30 Doom on each of them :p

Padding on this fight as Demo would be interesting.  We had just enough AoE to not kill them, but towards the end of the fight, they started actually dying.  I think we had as many as thirty up.  I know my game slowed down considerably from the number of Incinerates I was firing out.  Doom on all those parasites for 2-3 minutes would be hysterical.  Might legit crash the server with the number of Imps.

Corectly , if i am wrong , you got beat by a warlock who reforge for haste instead of crit and gem expertize , and you say he have biggers crits ? :)

Corectly , if i am wrong , you got beat by a warlock who reforge for haste instead of crit and gem expertize , and you say he have biggers crits ? smile.png

RNG is still RNG.

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/mal'ganis/solyna/ Vs. http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/mal'ganis/zagam/

Over all, the exp gemming, haste reforging warlock gets beat on nearly every fight nearly every week.

Also, http://raidbots.com/comparebot/52b5bae574254e4570000718#damage

If you inspect the logs of the Padagons fight, Zag spent 40 seconds as a Scorpion and the other warlock did not. So Zag was taken out of the fight and unable to DPS for 40 seconds and was only beat by ~5mil damage.

40 seconds. 

I rest my case.

Haste is better than crit in a full on FnB lulfest though.

By this I mean that once you have enough targets to sustain aoe for a prolonged period of time, haste is better.

Edited by Liquidsteel

Over all, the exp gemming, haste reforging warlock gets beat on nearly every fight nearly every week.

Any source for that?

If you inspect the logs of the Padagons fight, Zag spent 40 seconds as a Scorpion and the other warlock did not. So Zag was taken out of the fight and unable to DPS for 40 seconds and was only beat by ~5mil damage.

40 seconds. 

I rest my case.

You still can do some dps when you are a Scorpion ? 

Anyway , im just teasing , tongue.png  Paragons is one the most inappropriate fight to measure dps 

but some advices like more rain of fire for embers and more havoc + incinerate for embers aswell 

Any source for that?

...yes...it's the raidbots that I linked....

You still can do some dps when you are a Scorpion ? 

9 mil DPS was done by the Scorp skills, so 9 mil in 40 seconds is 225,000 DPS. Even on a non-padding fight this is at least 200k less DPS then would be done, in a fight where you're AoE padding it's more like 500k less.

Paragons is one the most inappropriate fight to measure dps 

Yes it is, more over this was a cheesed log. The over arching point of my week is that secondary stats mean very little in the long run. RNG is RNG is RNG.

Haste is better than crit in a full on FnB lulfest though.

By this I mean that once you have enough targets to sustain aoe for a prolonged period of time, haste is better.

Don't know if I agree with that.  The only fights where this is a thing would be Galakras and P1 Garrosh.  Before I died 6 minutes in on Galakras due to a lagging tank I was sitting at 700k DPS running a very low haste build.

• Like 1

Don't know if I agree with that.  The only fights where this is a thing would be Galakras and P1 Garrosh.  Before I died 6 minutes in on Galakras due to a lagging tank I was sitting at 700k DPS running a very low haste build.

I'm talking about the specific situation of having 30 adds up and just doing aoe for like 7 minutes :p