FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
lChronosl

Laptop charger disconnecting when playing HOTS

I already posted this on HOTS technical support forum, but wanted to see if anyone here could help me.

Whenever I launch HOTS, my laptop charger starts disconnecting and reconnecting, apparently at random. This keeps going until my battery runs out, and it even shut off by itself once of twice.
I searched online and found out it might be that my charger is failing, and is not able to supply enough power when my laptop workload increases. The problem with this hypothesis is that it only happens when playing HOTS, and not with any other games. I tried it with Overwatch, SC2, EVE Online and my “mod-it-until-it-crashes” Skyrim, with no similar issues.
I can trace this problem to roughly when they dropped support to the 32 client, which I had used until then. Otherwise the game runs smoothly on Medium, at around 50-60 FPS, with the occasional lag spike due to my unstable internet. I have an Acer Aspire E15, with a Geforce 920M and no other problems so far.
So far I have tried launching HOTS with administrator privileges, without them, with other programs in the background, with no others, using Razer Cortex, changing the graphic settings, and the problem persists. I also have reinstalled HOTS, cleared my Repalys, cleared Firewall settings of duplicate entries, defragged my HD, etc.
If anyone had some other suggestions or input, it would be appreciated.

Edited by lChronosl
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2020 at 9:20 AM, Leo222 said:

Emm, dude which model of laptop do u use? I have gaming laptop and haven't any problems (use ASUS ROG Strix)

Thanks for answering, but I got rid of that laptop over a year ago. Now I got a trusty ol' desktop again.