Stan

2018 Winter Event (December 11th - January 7th)

14 posts in this topic

fPPXRLO.jpg

The Christmas event this year comes with brand new toy-themed skins, bundles, portraits, sprays and a special quest. Old holiday-themed items will become available for the duration of the event. 

Winter 2018 Event Highlights

• The event will start when the latest patch goes live next week on December 11.
  • New toy-themed skins will be added to the game: Cuddlebear Stitches, Dehakasaurus Rex, Cosmic Force Valeera.
  • Plush unicorn mounts are coming!
  • There's a new event quest and completing it rewards "The Kid" (Sam Lavagnino) announcer and a portrait.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Toys, toys, toys! Posable, plush, plastic, and playful pals are storming the Nexus in our next major patch. Despite our busy schedule of stuffing the Holiday Loot Chests with tons of new and old holiday-themed items for you to unbox, we’ll also be introducing you to major gameplay updates for Stitches and Sylvanas. In addition, we’re adding new toy-themed skins, mounts, portraits, and sprays for some of your favorite Heroes and unlocking exclusive loot for you to unlock through our epic Toys event quest. Keep an eye on the Collection screen to check Cuddlebear Stitches, Dehakasaurus Rex, Cosmic Force Valeera, and much more off your wish list. Happy holidays and we’ll see you in the Nexus!

NEW SKINS, MOUNTS, & MORE

THE NEWEST, GREATEST, AWESOMEST TOYS!

Hey, a new friend! What’s your name? Do you want to see my collection? This is Cuddle Bear Stitches. It’s meaner than it looks, just like my Unicorn plushie. And, uh, this is Dehakasaurus Rex. Do you like dinosaurs? Me too. Oh, and that’s Cosmic Force Valeera. I like her swords and her Cosmic Lion. Rawr!

0A6HOG6ARG1S1543535846563.jpg

LEGENDARY SKINS

Snuggle Bear Stitches, Cuddle Bear Stitches, Honey Bear Stitches

LDITJVOI0OQT1543535846491.jpg

LEGENDARY SKINS

Playtime Dehakasaurus Rex, Dehakasaurus Rex, Dino-Metal Dehakasaurus Rex

B3C5QO7LC4PO1543535846767.jpg

EPIC SKINS

Nega Force Valeera, Cosmic Force Valeera, Psionic Force Valeera

1LTW9XTQ07F01543535845541.jpg

EPIC MOUNTS

Nega Lion, Cosmic Lion, Psionic Lion

N35IW22H427T1543535845735.jpg

LEGENDARY MOUNTS

Plush Zombicorn, Fuzzy Plush Unicorn, Plush Unicorn, Pretty Plush Unicorn, Honey Plush Zombicorn

LM7HSSKEO9JZ1543535845330.jpg

Toys Event: Portraits

LNQE9YX1NB6A1543535845368.gif

Toys Event: Sprays

ADDITIONAL GOODIES

Oh yeah. That's my Sylvanas. I painted her a new way. Do you like it? Make sure to open some Toys Loot Chests before January 7 so you can get new toys too! Items from previous Winter Events are also available!

VJR99C08BD681543535846579.jpg

NEW SKIN TINT

Mint Sugar Plum Sylvanas

6RUBZ12IG22C1543535845660.jpg

NEW MOUNT

Celestial Surfboard (Comes with gem purchase)

QFC06GKPOQC31543535846087.jpg

NEW QUEST

THE MOST AMAZINGEST BOARD GAME EVER!!!

Let’s play a game! I have this cool board, and dice and cards and stickers… How about you do some Quests, and I’ll give you stuff for completing them? Really awesome stuff! Okay?

HOW TO PLAY

RACVFG55N10C1543535846334.jpg

ROLL THE DICE

Complete all active event Quests to roll the dice, move around the board, and unlock new Quests.

RKC0EOT0VCSP1543535846442.jpg

UNLOCK UNIQUE QUESTS

Knock down dominoes to unlock Unique Quests with special rewards.

BWHWI1OLY4NQ1543535846452.jpg

EARN REWARDS

Travel around the entire board to unlock the Kid announcer, then keep going to earn even more rewards!

QUEST REWARDS

K7ASGPHTMGIJ1543535845803.jpg

Dehakasaurus Quest Rewards

Dehakasaurus Rex Portrait, Gift of the Dehakasaur Spray, Dehakasaur Warcrest Banner

ECDCEQ3ND6VQ1543535846081.gif

Plush Unicorn Quest Rewards

Plush Unicorn Portrait, Gift of the Plush Unicorn Spray, Plushie Emoji Pack

WHIX67X0RFJG1543535846052.jpg

Cosmic Force Valeera Quest Rewards

Cosmic Force Valeera Portrait, Gift of the Cosmic Force Spray, Cosmic Force Warcrest Banner

UUXJJ0OSKQJI1543535846154.gif

Cosmic Lion Quest Rewards

Cosmic Lion Portrait, Gift of the Cosmic Lion Spray, Toys Emoji Pack

0WSXK57QDK8Z1543535846180.jpg

Cuddle Bear Stitches Quest Rewards

Cuddle Bear Stitches Portrait, Gift of the Cuddle Bear Spray, Funland Warcrest Banner

7TBBYVK6OEVP1543535846239.jpg

Completion Rewards

Make it around the board once to earn “The Kid” Announcer and Portrait. Each subsequent completion earns a Rare Loot Chest.

Wow! This is the coolest event ever. Let’s keep playing until January 7, when Mom says I have to put all the toys away.

SEE YOU IN THE NEXUS

Wow, that's a lot of rewards. I hope we can get them all, the board game explanation was a bit fuzzy on details.

Is just me or this new announcer sounds like a kid version of cloaken?

But cool skins, mounts, sprays and portraits. Kudos to the art team. I just think the themes could have been used to different heroes, since both Stitches and Valeera already have a decent number of skins. And where are our teased Fluffy Mephisto and Butcher Jr?

Edited by lChronosl

"Unlock the Kid announcer"
Thanks i already have buttloads of them in Overwatch every single match. Don't need any more

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, lChronosl said:

Wow, that's a lot of rewards. I hope we can get them all, the board game explanation was a bit fuzzy on details.

You get kid announcer for the first time you finish it with all quests, for every other completion you get a loot chest. At least that's how it looks like.

Too bad there were no new skins for Butcher and Mephisto. They are only present on sprays.

Edited by Arcling

Dissapointing end reward. The kid is not an interesting enough announcer to be fitting of an end reward, and the lack of both Mephisto and Butcher skins are disheartening. Not a whole lot of skins in this event to begin with already. 😕

Only positive I have is that the banners at least look cool, but beyond that, the Halloween event were miles better than this.

16 minutes ago, Lampanelli said:

Dissapointing end reward. The kid is not an interesting enough announcer to be fitting of an end reward, and the lack of both Mephisto and Butcher skins are disheartening. Not a whole lot of skins in this event to begin with already. 😕

Only positive I have is that the banners at least look cool, but beyond that, the Halloween event were miles better than this.

In terms of rewards ya the halloween one looks a lot better. In terms of implementation I think the halloween one will be hard not to beat between a quest that released uncompleteable because of a bug, another quest that was practically uncompleteable because of their stupid reduced map selection, deceptive reward names, and the event ending before halloween. The state they released the halloween event in was an absolute mess so I can only imagine this will be in a better state than what we saw for the halloween basically by default

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mada7 said:

In terms of rewards ya the halloween one looks a lot better. In terms of implementation I think the halloween one will be hard not to beat between a quest that released uncompleteable because of a bug, another quest that was practically uncompleteable because of their stupid reduced map selection, deceptive reward names, and the event ending before halloween. The state they released the halloween event in was an absolute mess so I can only imagine this will be in a better state than what we saw for the halloween basically by default

Oh yes, and this time they are releasing it at usual time at least (mid-december to early january). That quest with watch towers was horrible, only one map at a time had that objective, and if it was a wrong map, had to complete it anyway, because vs AI keeps giving same map, until that one is won. In terms of skins, Fall of King's Crest seemed better, although they usually only release 3-4 epic/legendary skins. Some previous events had some cheaper skins, like baseline skins with some recolours + hat or other stuff added on top of it. With all previous Winter Veil stuff returning this year, there is a lot of content, including new fillers like sprays and portraits.

The only thing I’m excited for about this event is the Stitches skin. Other than that it’s just cringey imo.

Edited by Maxkitty

On 12/4/2018 at 9:37 AM, Lampanelli said:

the lack of both Mephisto and Butcher skins are disheartening

0_O? I'm confused on why those two imperticular were singled out by...

*goes back and reads another comment & notices this...*

On 12/3/2018 at 8:08 PM, lChronosl said:

And where are our teased Fluffy Mephisto and Butcher Jr

I didn't see or hear anything about these in any article here on Icy Veins? Where was this mentioned/'teased'? 

• Like 1

OH OH OH! I just thought about something! This would have been the PERFECT time to bring out a Carbot 'Horse stick' mount. And MAYBE, JUST MAYBE still could be the week of or even day of Christmas for a surprise 'gift' to us all. 😄 Let's all hope against hope for this one guys & gals. 😛❤️ I mean Christmas IS on a Tuesday this year 😄

Edited by CyberDVonaven

16 minutes ago, CyberDVonaven said:

0_O? I'm confused on why those two imperticular were singled out by...

*goes back and reads another comment & notices this...*

I didn't see or hear anything about these in any article here on Icy Veins? Where was this mentioned/'teased'? 

On the first teaser, with the plush toys, on some art and in the Unicorn Plush mount description.