Starym

Patch 8.1: Spells Coming Off the GCD

28 posts in this topic

oDByDHj.png

There are more GCD changes coming with 8.1 next week and we're getting some specifics for what's coming off the GCD directly from Ythisens over on the official forums, featuring DH, Druid, Warrior and Hunters abilities.

Blizzard LogoGCD Changes (source)

Bigdiggles:

I believe it was Ion that said in a dev chat movement abilities were coming back off the GCD. So is this actually happening?

This is something that is still happening.

Here is the list I have so far of abilities that are for sure coming off the GCD:

Havoc - Vengeful Retreat Vengeful Retreat
All Druids - Wild Charge Wild Charge
Arms - Charge Charge
Fury - Charge Charge
Protection Warrior - Ignore Pain Ignore Pain
Protection Warrior – Intercept Intercept
Protection Warrior (PvP) – Dragon Charge Dragon Charge
Survival – Harpoon Harpoon

This is just what we have confirmed so far. There could potentially be more added to the list, but I personally just don’t know of any others yet.

We’d love to hear from you guys on more examples of abilities that you feel should be off the GCD and why.

Article header source.

• Like 1

Yay! At this rate by 8.3 we'll be back to where we were in 7.3 with regards to the GCD! Of course it was a totally valid experiment in game development to check if players would put up with chunky unfun gameplay! Totally shocking results.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The GCD-changes made a lot of classes a lot less fun for me, so I am happy about every skill that comes off the GCD again. 👍

• Like 4

Because Demon Hunter definitely needed to be able to cross the map even FASTER!? Ahaha. Can’t wait to see where this goes.

*Edit: Stoked for Druid’s Wild Charge though!

Edited by Jperry21

52 minutes ago, tkioz said:

Yay! At this rate by 8.3 we'll be back to where we were in 7.3 with regards to the GCD! Of course it was a totally valid experiment in game development to check if players would put up with chunky unfun gameplay! Totally shocking results.

cough*Beta for Azerite*cough

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jperry21 said:

Because Demon Hunter definitely needed to be able to cross the map even FASTER!? Ahaha. Can’t wait to see where this goes.

This is what DH was like before 8.0. If you played DH you would know having the GCD on retreat makes everything clunkier

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NoCtrl said:

Not to be stupid, but what's GCD?

Global CD, the thing that don't let you hit every single button at once.

1 hour ago, NoCtrl said:

It stands for "Global Cool Down". Certain spells and abilities share the same recharge time.

2 hours ago, Jperry21 said:

Like they were in Legion, which I prefer a lot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, NoCtrl said:

Apologies, meant to write out the full thing but forgot 😄

4 hours ago, Xaethron said:

This is what DH was like before 8.0. If you played DH you would know having the GCD on retreat makes everything clunkier

Oh dang I totally forgot that it was ever off the GCD in the first place. Shows how much I paid attention to my DH 😕 (Druid main)

3 hours ago, dlhak said:

Like they were in Legion, which I prefer a lot.

Yeah I was just thinking to how it would affect current DH mobility, specifically in arena, and even M+ to an extent. IMO the more mobility the better so I’m all for it coming off the GCD. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NoCtrl said:

Never mind. Looked it up like I should have to begin with... :/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NoCtrl said:

Never mind. Looked it up like I should have to begin with... 😕

You could have - or you could have just asked as you did 🙂 Community here is usually very helpful and nice. So feel free to ask away.

Personally I am very happy about Charge and Intercept coming off the GCD; IP as well. With PVP charge coming off the GCD as well should allow for some fun stuff. Most skills coming off GCD are mobility skills. Is there some developer logic behind this or is it just coincidence? Now just remove GCD from CDs and all is well (and the changes basically reverted 😄 )

Huh, funny that something similar happened to BDO this year.

They implemented a system called Renown and now they are reverting it because no one likes it and it makes the game way less fun.

2018 definitely is a weird year for gaming.

14 hours ago, tkioz said:

Legitimately have no idea why you continue to play. Seriously.

• Haha 1

If Havoc gets Retreat off GCD, let Retribution Pallys get Shield of Vengeance off GCD as well. I know people say SoV also deals dmg, but so does Retreat from Dh!

And of course Cavalier should be off GCD too, obviously.

• Like 1

They need to revert defensive CDs as well. There is nothing worse than hitting a CD on time to stay alive, only to realize it didn't go off because you didn't stop your rotation fast enough to react to incoming death, when defensive is mostly reactionary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, ValED said:

Legitimately have no idea why you continue to play. Seriously.

Social aspect mainly, and the fact there are parts of the game I still enjoy a great deal such as the raids, mythic plus, pet collecting, transmog collecting, etc. Seriously it's a very big game and you don't need to worship blizzard and think they can do no wrong to play it.

• Like 2