FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Meat Wagon Mount in Patch 8.1

PAjBzcL.png

If you pre-order the Warcraft III: Spoils of War Edition, you will receive the Meat Wagon mount this week in World of Warcraft. 

Spoils of War costs $39.99 and comes with various in-game rewards and you can find them all here. The game will be released on or before December 31, 2019.

Meat Wagon is a new mount reward available in Tides of Vengeance. If you already pre-ordered Spoils of War, you will find the mount in your mailbox tomorrow or when Patch 8.1 goes live after maintenance in your gameplay region. The mount is really cool and comes with a catapult that hurls meat.

"A favorite unit of the Lich King, both for its power as a siege weapon, and the satisfying sound of flung meat."

meatwagonf.pngmeatwagonp.pngmeatwagons.pngmeatwagonb.png

Animations (Run/Mount Special)

meatwagon.gifmountspecial.gif

Do you like the mount? Let us know in the comments!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, finsplit said:

Does anyone know do you get gems for the hots heroes you own already if you buy spoils of war edition? 

I'd hope so, as all 4 of those heroes are REALLY old for HotS. Anyone that's played much at all should have those because they're strong and also cheap with gold.

That mount is really cool... but not $30 cool for a remaster of a game I still have the original of. Great game, just not worth buying again.

Edited by Laragon

2 hours ago, Laragon said:

That mount is really cool... but not $30 cool for a remaster of a game I still have the original of. Great game, just not worth buying again.

For many, it is worth it, difference in graphics is amazing (and it's on the same engine), old maps still playable, and even some changes to tilesets and campaign, new matchmaking for multiplayer etc. So far, Reforged with all it's announced features looks very good. What's weird about heroes is this line: "Heroes of the Storm™ heroes will be available on or before March 31, 2019.". Why so late for these old heroes, especially when majority of people playing the game already own them (and they were given for free several times). Perhaps there is some refund planned or there will be a new Warcraft hero released around that date, given to owners of these heroes (I know, sounds too good to be true 😀 ).

Edited by Arcling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Laragon said:

My household was a “Westwood” household. My dad was a top tier player on the leaderboards for the classic C&C games so I grew up with only those as my childhood RTS games - missed out on AoE and Starcraft. While I won’t be buying the special addition of WC3 remastered I’ll definitely be getting it at some point to play through the story and such and I expect many are in my position too, so it’s worth it for people like me!

4 hours ago, Arcling said:

For many, it is worth it, difference in graphics is amazing (and it's on the same engine), old maps still playable, and even some changes to tilesets and campaign, new matchmaking for multiplayer etc. So far, Reforged with all it's announced features looks very good. What's weird about heroes is this line: "Heroes of the Storm™ heroes will be available on or before March 31, 2019.". Why so late for these old heroes, especially when majority of people playing the game already own them (and they were given for free several times). Perhaps there is some refund planned or there will be a new Warcraft hero released around that date, given to owners of these heroes (I know, sounds too good to be true 😀 ).

Doesn't it also include The Frozen Throne expansion? To me, that's worth it, I loved Warcraft 3.

2 hours ago, Rhondis said:

Doesn't it also include The Frozen Throne expansion? To me, that's worth it, I loved Warcraft 3.

Yes, Reforged will come with The Frozen Throne. There are TFT heroes listed on the site. In one of the interviews, they even mentioned giving distinct models for campaign units and buildings which didn't have them before, like these from blood elf campaign in TFT.

Edited by Arcling
  • Like 1

this mount is stupid I hate it.........

wait........

did you say 

did you say meat........ meat catapult?..................

10/10 best mount ever would buy much recommend

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Brewfest will be overhauled in Patch 8.2 and while we don't know the exact details yet, Blizzard added mug icons for multiple Allied Races in the initial Build 30080, including the Vulpera. They confirmed no new Allied Races would be coming in Rise of Azshara, so we assume they're leaving them for .5 patches in Battle for Azeroth.
      New Brewfest Icons
      We've got new Brewfest icons for Dark Iron Dwarves, Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain Tauren, Mag'har Orcs, the Nightborne, Void Elves and the Vulpera.

At the same time, Blizzard added Mechagnomes to the table of playable races in Patch 8.2, so we can speculate that Alliance counterpart of Vulperas will be them.

You can check out our preview of the Vulpera here! 
    • By Stan
      With the introduction of mount equipment in Rise of Azshara, Water Striders will lose their innate passive ability to walk on water. What exactly does that entail?
      If you haven't been following the official Patch 8.2 content preview, each mount is getting an equipment slot in Patch 8.2 which grants the mount perks, such as water walking, parachute, and daze prevention.
      The item which grants water walking is called Inflatable Mount Shoes. As a result, all Water Striders will lose their innate ability to walk on water, but Blizzard will be mailing Inflatable Mount Shoes to every player who unlocked the mount through the Anglers reputation. Additional Inflatable Mount Shoes should be affordable on the Anglers vendor for 40 Gold right now.
      Death Knights (Path of Frost) and Shamans (Water Walking) both have water walking, so they don't need the item at all.
      They're comparing Water Striders to Sky Golem's innate herbing passive, and some ask the Water Strider's ability to be designed in a way to ignore mount equipment, but the Engineering mount won't be losing its passive, because it's apparently not as powerful as water walking itself.
      TL;DR
      Water Striders will no longer be able to walk on water in Patch 8.2. The water walking ability is transferred to an item which can be applied to mounts of your choice, resulting in more variety. If you earned a Water Strider and farmed the Anglers rep, the item will be mailed to you at no charge. Additional items can be purchased from the Anglers vendor. What's your opinion about Water Striders in general? Do you think they should keep their ability to walk on water, or do you not mind the nerf at all? Let us know in the comments!
      Blizzard (Source)
      Yeah, but now you’d have the ability to use a mount, besides the Water Strider. I dunno about you, but being stuck using only one mount forever sounds absolutely boring as hell
      That’s one of the goals here. There are a lot of mounts out there and it’s strange to have a “wrong choice” when out running around. You’ll easily be able to keep the ability just as you have it now but there will be other options that you (the player) can make if you prefer something else. How you about the world, where you often go, and how fast you like to escape from things could all contribute to what works best for your playstyle.
      There are a few extra notes so like Death Knights can do waterwalking via Path of Frost (and Shaman with Water Walking). That should help empower these classes a bit and help make them feel a bit more unique.
      I’m not sure what the price of the waterwalking shoes will be offhand, but it should be pretty affordable on the Anglers vendor. We’ll have the PTR up soon™ and look forward to hearing your feedback on that.
      Would it be possible to have the water strider be like the sky golem. It can have innate water walking but is not effected by mount equipment?
      I will check but my personal opinion from my play experience is that the water strider ability is just much stronger than the sky golem herbing. We nerfed the water strider once and if we leave it with the ability there then it’s more in the line of getting everything and less of making a choice for what you want. We want there to be a choice based on your play and interests. If herbing on the run provides too strong of a benefit then there might need to be changes there but currently I don’t think that’s the case.
      Brave soul.
      I commend you for stepping into this thread on the Monday evening preceding the drop of 8.2 on the PTR. However, this price you speak of not knowing offhand is what will be a determining factor in many players decisions. Personally, I’ve stuck by/accepted/dealt with the changes made over the years to keep the gameplay from just becoming a static habit. But having spent my money and time acquiring the rep required to gain the reward, only to have it removed and then require it to be re-purchased…no. That’s the line. I’m sorry to sound like I’m giving an ultimatum because it’s not. It’s a decision made based on honor, or the lack thereof.
      EDIT - and to be perfectly fair, yes, I agree and have so for many years that Blizzard has the right to change content at their discretion at any time. But this is one of those times I won’t be agreeing with it.
      Just something I’d like to get your perspective on, if the character who earned the Anglers reputation along with the mount gets the water walking item for free, what would a fair price be for the alts to get it? If that character who earned the reputation and mount has the option to water walk (but might choose something else), do you feel that alts should have every single thing that the other characters have?
      Also, just out of curiosity, how often would you estimate that you have you used the water strider mount in the 6+ years it’s been available?
      Thanks folks for chatting!
    • By Stan
      Recently, Blizzard's CDN (Content Delivery Network) has been updated with a new Classic Beta build and according to Blizzard, they've begun a phase of internal employee alpha testing and have no announcements to make right now regarding Beta.
      The only thing we know about WoW Classic right now is that Blizzard employees have begun internal testing. The game, scheduled for release later this summer, is currently still in Alpha and it does not look like they're planning to announce Beta testing any time soon, leaving the company with less than 4 months of testing prior to release, granted that Classic won't be delayed.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Hey folks! I’ve got a small update here to help quell some of the rumors and let you know where we are at for WoW Classic. We recently began a phase of internal employee alpha testing. The new build data that many of you have been discussing over the last few days is simply part of this process. Phases like this allow us to test out the game content along with other functionality that will be used in the live game, like logging in through the Blizzard Battle.net App.
      Aside from that, we don’t have any announcements to make at this time. I know all of you are very excited about this game and we thank you for your patience as we continue to develop it. More information will be coming soon!
    • By Stan
      The maximum item level of world quest and emissary rewards is going up next week with opening of Mythic Crucible on April 23.
      World quests will now reward gear up to item level 370, emissaries up to item level 395, and Azerite Armor from emissaries will be increased to item level 400. Rewards from the "Against Overwhelming Odds" (PvP world quest) will be up to item level 395. The change should be live after the weekly scheduled maintenance in your region.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Raid Finder (and Mythic) difficulty for Crucible of Storms will open next week, April 23. Similar to Battle of Dazar’alor, you will need an average item level of 350 to queue for it. To help ensure players get raid ready, we are increasing the maximum item level for certain World Quests rewards. This will include the following:
      World Quest rewards will go up to ilvl 370 (from 360) Emissary equipment will go up to ilvl 395 (from 385) Emissary Azerite Armor will go up to ilvl 400 (from 385) Against Overwhelming Odds (when available) will go up to ilvl 395 (from 385) Once the update is live it will affect active rewards like the Emissaries, so you may want to plan for when you will turn those in.
    • By Stan
      It seems Alliance players will finally be able to get their hands on Bee mounts come Rise of Azshara.
      Patch 8.2 datamining revealed four new factions that may be related to Bee mounts datamined back in Patch 8.0.1. The new entries include:
      Hivemother Drone Queen Honey Bee While we don't have any additional details to share at this time, it seems the Alliance is one step closer to receiving their Bee mounts, teased back at last year's BlizzCon. Maybe it's time to start looking for new secrets in Stormsong Valley when Patch 8.2 goes live.
      PH Bee Mount

PH Bee Mount (Black)

PH Bee Mount (Red)

Fly Animation