FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
bullet101

Looking for help, fresh to fury

I recently switched from prot to fury as we had to swap a few players around in our roster. I feel like I am not doing enough dps for my gear level. I have logs from this week (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bhjmez5bky00c82l/) which cover malk to garosh. I'll also include my armory (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Baender/advanced)

First off, I don't know if you have the 4p by choice or because you haven't gotten any offpieces yet, but if you can, try and get rid of it. Keep the 2p (Helm/Gloves) and aim to get the Shoulders from garrosh and the chest from Dark Shamans (ideally) or Immerseus.

For the logs, I'm going to look at Blackfuse, since you were focusing on the boss it should give a decent guesstimate of your performance. The fight was really short, so it isn't ideal, but all the other fights are gimmicky and harder to analyze.

In that fight, you wasted 4 raging blow charges. On a longer fight it wouldn't be so bad, but in your case it represents 15% of all your raging blow charges. I assume that most of these were wasted during execute. Remeber that sub-20%, Raging blow becomes your filler spell (after BT) outside of Colossus Smash. Execute is your rage dump outside of CS and your primary ability inside of it.

Your Bloodthirst uses are 33 out of a possibility of 36, which is more than fine.

CS uses: 8/8, perfect.

Stormbolt uses: 4/5. Since you don't have evil eye of galakras, make sure you use Stormbolt on cd. Every other one should be inside of a CS.

Quick note: Your enrage seems to never trigger before your first CS. Make sure you cast at least 1 BT before your first CS to fish for RB procs. The opener with the 2pc is described in the Fury Warrior guide here on Icy-Veins.

Finally, watch your cooldown usage. Everytime you use recklessness/skull banner, they should fully cover a CS. Don't hesitate to delay your CS by 3-4 seconds if Reck is about to come off cooldown, and hold reck until the next CS if CS is on CD when reck comes off cooldown.

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask :)

-rage

4peice is bad really? Now i feel dumb cuse I have the chest and shoulders you are talking about in my bags so I guess i'll go back to useing those. Yea I'm still working on getting my opener down. Why does simcraft show me 100k lower than what I actually output? 

Oh I wanted to add I have a heroic warforged fusion fire core in my bags.. should I use it?

Edited by bullet101

4pc isn't atrocious, it's just sorta meh. Doesn't proc enough to mean jackshit, the extra crit and mastery you'll receive from extra offpieces will go further.

Simcraft defaults to a 450 second (7.5 minute) fight length, and patchwerk (1 target with zero movement or interruptions). You're probably taking your fight sample from a much much shorter time frame.

Oh I wanted to add I have a heroic warforged fusion fire core in my bags.. should I use it?

FFC is a DPS gain if you have 3+ targets to hit for the majority of the fight. You can use it on Protectors, and Galakras P1, but tbh it's not that useful imo.