FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deamonheart

Bilescourge Bombers better than Demonic Strange?

I am bewildered about the new Single target Talent Choices for Demolock.

I can understand Doom now that it  synergizes with haste, but Bilescourge Bombers?

Even when it does slightly more dmg than Demonic strange, its 2 more soulshard using every 30 sec and its need to be targetet (and the mob can run out of the circle) it makes the Priorisation much more clunky and i feel that it isnt worth it. Even when i sim the new talents against the olds, the new Single Target Choices looses with around 300 less dmg than the old (yes, the sim is on 8.1) So i cant get it why Bombers and Doom are now the new to go Talents. Can

Link your sim as I get very different results though naturally different stuff will effect it. Remember a sim is perfect non moving play and yes it does take into account the soulshard cost. 

Also be aware that Doom also has limitations especially on short lived targets so it may not be the best choice in a lot of situations regardless of simming results. It is really nice for Demo mains who now also have some kind of split cleave.

Do you use an @cursor macro for BB? Might make it easier. I guess I am used to ground targeted spells as it is the same for Shadowfury, Rain of Fire, Cata etc. Though you are correct mobs can run out and/or you have tanks that like to kite way more than they need to. 

Have you tried Bombers on AoE btw? Or in the raid. It feels strong to me (yes yes feely, still waiting for more practice/logs to see how it holds up in practice). 

Now that the Patch is 1 day old in EU, and Mr. Robot has refined its Sims, it shows 1000+ dps more than the old Talent Choices.

Yeah, Doom is pretty limited, useless at questing (only at the 1,5+ million hp rares) and uldir has not that much split cleave. ( and i wish it would say *when you deal dmg you have a 5% chance to summon a doomguard* instead of *when you kill the target with it*)

Yeah, i use cursor macros for Bombers and Shadow Fury. I use Bombers since patch to get the feeling for it and yes, it seems to be strong on both single target and aoe but it also feels clunky compared to the smooth *rotation* of the previous talent choices. Evtl i have to get more used of it. I havent had the time to practice an hour or two on the Training dummys like i normaly do.

On 12/13/2018 at 1:30 PM, Deamonheart said:

Now that the Patch is 1 day old in EU, and Mr. Robot has refined its Sims, it shows 1000+ dps more than the old Talent Choices.

Yeah, Doom is pretty limited, useless at questing (only at the 1,5+ million hp rares) and uldir has not that much split cleave. ( and i wish it would say *when you deal dmg you have a 5% chance to summon a doomguard* instead of *when you kill the target with it*)

Yeah, i use cursor macros for Bombers and Shadow Fury. I use Bombers since patch to get the feeling for it and yes, it seems to be strong on both single target and aoe but it also feels clunky compared to the smooth *rotation* of the previous talent choices. Evtl i have to get more used of it. I havent had the time to practice an hour or two on the Training dummys like i normaly do.

I have barely touched AMR but I have never seen an established lock praise it or any of the top theorycrafters use it so personally I stay away from it.