FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

The Hivemind Secret Solved, Mount Available!

xkHa8id.jpg

Well, that didn't take long! It seems you can't keep the WoW secret finders in the dark for too long, as they've already broken through and managed to obtain the mount! Warcraft Secrets and the secrets discord were hard at work the past few days and today finally bore fruit as they pushed through all the colored crystal monocles and found their way to the Court of Stars.

Court-of-Stars-Ominous-Orb.jpg

From there it's a whole lot of petting kittens and purring, followed by phase-shifting platforms to navigate, and then the goal itself. While the very end of the guide hasn't been updated yet, it will be very soon so head on over to Warcraft Secrets and check out the full guide, and you might be riding this crazy thing soon as well.

And, of course, congratulations to everyone that helped out in the endeavor, it was an amazing performance by all involved!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Read the guide on how to get it and it kinda disappoints me that you can skip the monocle part by joining a grp that alrdy have them all and you being the one that enters the room to interact with the toy ? All the other parts look fun to me, getting the monocles, opening the color door, petting kittens, solving the "farmer, fox, chicken and corn"  riddle, a few hours of fun to do with friends and or guildies for a sweet reward. I thank the secret community for finding all of this out ?

• Thanks 1

Awesome!

True Hivemind here were everyone that worked on solving it! GJ!

Now to solve bigger puzzle for me, find friends to solve this with ? ... ? 

• Haha 2

Got it yesterday thanks to group of awesome peeps.
Absolutely love this mount. But i think i shouldn't have traveled to Goldshire and accepted raid party invite.
Because later on there was an entire raid of flying brains on Stomwind and every single one was saying "WE ARE THE BORG! ALL OF YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!"
...whoops

Edited by Steveson

So I did this with some guildies and it was great fun but how in the name of that is holy did people manage to figure this out? Because doing the puzzles with guides made my eyes crossed and my brain hurt.

well we kinda got screwed.....  

Celestalon, one of the developers responsible for creating the Hivemind puzzles, has come forward on Twitter talking about how the Hivemind is actually supposed to work: The Joined Hivemind effect only applies to the group of people you did the puzzles with, as a special prestige bonus. The developers believe that having the effect work with everyone would make the mount a mandatory upgrade. 

You are able to swap people you are linked within your Hivemind by completing the puzzles within Court of Stars with a different group, but this will unlink you from your current group.

Once again pointless bullshit that wastes dev time that NEEDS to be going to the actual game, you know the one that is practically unplayable right now, the one that well over 2 million players have snubbed their nose at.

And just to top it all off, Blizzard puts these F'ing retarded restrictions on who can use your mount. Everyday they make this game worse and worse. I'm a wow lifer but I'm about out of patience with this expansion. 

If everyone in wow stopped playing entirely for a couple weeks the devs would turn the entire game around and fix all the bullshit that people hate. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Demonpuke said:

Once again pointless bullshit that wastes dev time that NEEDS to be going to the actual game, you know the one that is practically unplayable right now, the one that well over 2 million players have snubbed their nose at.

And just to top it all off, Blizzard puts these F'ing retarded restrictions on who can use your mount. Everyday they make this game worse and worse. I'm a wow lifer but I'm about out of patience with this expansion. 

If everyone in wow stopped playing entirely for a couple weeks the devs would turn the entire game around and fix all the bullshit that people hate. 

You do know that this 'waste of time' was done by a couple of devs on their lunch break, like all the secrets, and reused existing assets so it basically cost 'us' nothing...

As for stupid restrictions... really can't you just be happy without wanting the world and a cake to go with it?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demonpuke said:

Name checks out.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Demonpuke said:

One again, someone who thinks their opinion is the only opinion pissing on a happy community celebrating a cool find.  This here is the true toxicity in the WoW community.  We can live without you and your whining.

I for one am truly enjoying this xpac.  I think the story is better than the last two and am having tons of fun.  Sure, there are things that can use some improvement.  But to go so far as to say it's "Practically unplayable" just shows how people can take a few bad things and just say the whole thing is *filtered* cause not everything is how they want it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gilby79 said:

One again, someone who thinks their opinion is the only opinion 

What, you think YOUR opinion is the only one that matters? Calling it a community is a joke. A very tiny percent of people actually still playing this game take part in those secret hunts, the rest wait until its done and its just a free mount. 

5 hours ago, tkioz said:

You do know that this 'waste of time' was done by a couple of devs on their lunch break, like all the secrets, and reused existing assets so it basically cost 'us' nothing...

Are you really that stupid? You actually think that massive quest line was put into the live game by two devs working on their lunch breaks? You think the options to put that into code and make it work properly were already built into 8+ year old content? You cant possibly be that dumb. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Demonpuke said:

What, you think YOUR opinion is the only one that matters? Calling it a community is a joke. A very tiny percent of people actually still playing this game take part in those secret hunts, the rest wait until its done and its just a free mount. 

Are you really that stupid? You actually think that massive quest line was put into the live game by two devs working on their lunch breaks? You think the options to put that into code and make it work properly were already built into 8+ year old content? You cant possibly be that dumb. 

You realize they have more than 10 devs working on the game, right? The devs who work on mounts and quests are not the same devs who work on PvE or PvP content. Your entitled opinion and belief which makes you think you're "losing something you deserve" rather than gaining something from devs who otherwise wouldn't be doing anything (because they're not allowed to do their work, or entitled little crybabies like you will throw a temper tantrum about the lack of work put into the game by completely different devs which is hindered by upper management and share holders who only want growth). I don't really know why myself or anyone else is even answering you, you're too deluded in your little entitlement-bubble and have no idea how the real world works. 

9 hours ago, Demonpuke said:

Could you please chill out and stop with the personal attacks? As for the coding, yeah actually. Have you ever worked on a large scale software project? Because I have. Nothing the size of WoW or in games, but you don't code everything by hand, you have huge libraries of code to reuse for similar purposes.

Apart from the actual logic behind the puzzles nothing in that quest line strikes me as something that would take a good coder, and say what you will about Blizzard but they have good talent, more than a few hours to actually implement, especially since most of it reuses existing assets (not just art but code).

So yes the common theory (I don't have the source) that it's just a couple of developers having fun on their lunch breaks... Like Pet Battles (work of one guy btw), to add something small and enjoyable to the game.

On 12/30/2018 at 4:42 AM, Calidrayle2752 said:

May be a silly question but can this be done solo without running it in a group? 

No. You need at 5 people at multiple points as you simply can't be in that many places at once.