FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Digory

Convention of Elements

This is a general discussion about a very common gear item rather than a class or even build specific discussion, so I hope it's in the right place. 

When using CoE, it's common for guides to recommend a playstyle that takes advantage of 1 of the 4 elements and encourage timing. I'm a much more frantic player and was wondering if anyone else like me (can't keep up with the order of the CoE) has tried spreading skill elements out a bit in order to benefit from more uptime of buff? 

Even if you don't pay much attention with the timing, the periodic damage spike alone makes CoE worth it for a lot of builds.  I wouldn't recommend spreading skill elements just for CoE, as it negates your ability to pile consistent %elemental multipliers on your other gear.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm usually more concerned with not dying on hardcore, or checking on dmg numbers at best. Not smart enough to even keep pausing to check which colour means which element, and keep an eye on it. Can barely watch the enemies, mini map, cooldowns and health at my best. I tried it with Tal Rasha Wiz because it could probably be real helpful, but I'm just too stupid. 
But I agree it's best not to spread out dmg amoung the 4. Just do the one that best suits you for the proper dmg% rolls on the gear, and because most builds use a spamming of one major damage skill. You probably spam enough either way, and take decent advantage at the right time most of the time just by chance.  Far as I can tell, I don't have any builds where spamming is limited though. Either I can afford to spam almost the entire time or I can't at all. 

• Like 1