FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Rozen

mage dps and racial increases

Hi guys this is my first post here. smile.png I was wondering if any one has some hard facts about how much of an dps increase would you get if you were say a troll, panda, orc, goblin compared to some of the other races that don't offer dps any increases like taurens, blood elfs, undead races. and yes incase anyone is wondering I play on the horde side. biggrin.png 

main reason im asking is because trolls are just so ulgy, and orcs aren't much better lol. ive been trying out a troll so see huch much of a dps increase I would get compared my my blood elf toon, but I havnt really noticed a dps change at all. I was wondering how much extra dps could an elite/pro mage be able to squeeze out from those racials?   

Hi guys this is my first post here. smile.png I was wondering if any one has some hard facts about how much of an dps increase would you get if you were say a troll, panda, orc, goblin compared to some of the other races that don't offer dps any increases like taurens, blood elfs, undead races. and yes incase anyone is wondering I play on the horde side. biggrin.png

main reason im asking is because trolls are just so ulgy, and orcs aren't much better lol. ive been trying out a troll so see huch much of a dps increase I would get compared my my blood elf toon, but I havnt really noticed a dps change at all. I was wondering how much extra dps could an elite/pro mage be able to squeeze out from those racials?   

About 5-10k as I've seen, tepending on your spec. Minimal. Just play the race in which's role you can fit in the most. :) I'd rather say that there are classes with useful racials... and Classes with blehh racials.

Don't take this as an offence, but like Blood elves, Orcs, Worgen, Draenei has really no useful racials for mages. I would avoid those, frankly. Troll berserking with Alter time is pretty strong, just as Goblin passive haste fro frost mages.

But yeaahh... The DPS gain is so minimal and nobody can force you to be a troll... :D

• Like 1

What you should actually do is switch to alliance because worgen racials are amazing;)

What you should actually do is switch to alliance because worgen racials are amazing;)

Why would they be amazing for a mage? Especially a for a frost mage ie. Passive 1% crit is useless for frost.

40% movement increase with 2 minutes CD.. Come on, Blink (even double blink), Blazing Speed. Do I have to say more?

About 5-10k as I've seen, tepending on your spec. Minimal. Just play the race in which's role you can fit in the most. smile.png I'd rather say that there are classes with useful racials... and Classes with blehh racials.

Don't take this as an offence, but like Blood elves, Orcs, Worgen, Draenei has really no useful racials for mages. I would avoid those, frankly. Troll berserking with Alter time is pretty strong, just as Goblin passive haste fro frost mages.

But yeaahh... The DPS gain is so minimal and nobody can force you to be a troll... biggrin.png

cheers man for reply smile.png, and thankyou for the input on the dps increases, helps me alot smile.png

Why would they be amazing for a mage? Especially a for a frost mage ie. Passive 1% crit is useless for frost.

40% movement increase with 2 minutes CD.. Come on, Blink (even double blink), Blazing Speed. Do I have to say more?

Not every post is about frost mages Oltier :) 1% crit from the worgen reacial is really good for fire mages.

Not every post is about frost mages Oltier smile.png 1% crit from the worgen reacial is really good for fire mages.

I know that. But nobody stated that we are talking about only fire mages, so I brought up a con.

It was meant to be more of a joke more then a serious comment haha.

I personally just really love Worgen and find that the movement speed increase really comes in handy quite a lot, regardless of the fact that mages have incredible mobility between blink (or double blink) and our tier 1 talents.  

In my opinion, depending on the situation, each class could be considered #1; they all have their strong points.  

In short: Don't get hung up or stressed on what race to choose.  Racials account for a negligible percent of how well you perform in this game.   Look through each of the racials and just choose the one that YOU believe, based on your play style, will benefit you the most.  

Edited by sfriedli
  • Like 1

I've got an Arcane mage that's UNDEAD , while ugly I've found that while others are fleeing in fear or other prob.s I use Will of the Forsaken and keep pounding on the boss with spells. Time not spent running is time doing dps.

Works for me.

I've got an Arcane mage that's UNDEAD , while ugly I've found that while others are fleeing in fear or other prob.s I use Will of the Forsaken and keep pounding on the boss with spells. Time not spent running is time doing dps.

Works for me.

Same applies to Human. I like it so much :)

My Mage is an orc, which means extra pet damage and an extra DPS cooldown to stack with Alter Time, plus just being generally awesome.

I play a Blood Elf, just because I like Blood Elves. I have found Arcane Torrent to be somewhat useful for Arcane to regen a little bit of mana when Mana Gem is on cd, to get more out of the mastery, but it's such a tiny difference, it's negligible.