FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
itnithand

Does class choice matter if you're just doing casual couch co-op?

Me and my wife just started playing. She chose Necromancer so I went with Monk, for buffs and heals. Problem is, I'm not really that in to the Monk abilities. I kind of want to make a Demon Hunter and rush her to where me and my wife left off. But once we get to higher difficulties, I'm worried about surviving with 2 squishy classes (even if one of then has skeletons or golems). We are playing super casually (typically just a few hours a couple nights a week) so I don't care about leaderboards or seasons and certainly won't be playing hardcore characters. I'm just worried about survivability on higher difficulties.

Thank you!

Monk is not squishy. Of course it depends on the build, gear and the difficulty you are playing. But it's the same with every class.

Playing only the 2 of you? Chose anything. Really. Anything that suit your playstyles.

Multishot DH is one of the fastest. Impale is awsome single target dps... I dont like the rest.

Monk? S15 wave of light was awsome, but I expect Uliana will be just as strong next season. I wouldnt go with support monk for the 2 of you.

FB meteor Wizard is awsome dps, impossible to kill even on higher difficulties.

Crusader is also very tanky especially the Invoker build which I hear will be strong next season.

Dont know about bard or wd, I dont play those...

But I can only repeat myself. Play whatever build you enjoy. Maybe watch Rhykker videos on youtube about class builds and see which one would fit you. Also check out the builds here, but I guess you have already done that since you are here.

Class combinations and such really only matter at HIGH Greater Rift levels...say GR80+.  If you're just looking to enjoy casual games with your missus, you'll do perfectly fine playing whatever class each of you finds fun and entertaining.

You can play whatever character you want.

No do not need to pay attention to synergies if you do not aim for high Greater Rifts (GR 80 at least, which is way above Torment XIII)

Squishy: Since you mention Demon Hunter: Damage of DH Multishot is this high, that you will probably never die on Torment XIII - because you one-shot (next to) everything before it will even reach you.

And damage will be buffed even more with the next patch.

Same is true for most builds of course.