Stan

Kul Tiran & Zandalari Troll Racials

14 posts in this topic

wkXwtgF.jpg

Patch 8.1.5 is now available for testing on PTR and first, we're looking at Kul Tiran and Zandalari Troll racials that are have been added to the game.

With a 25% heal per second (Regeneratin' Regeneratin') and two other active abilities, Zandalari Trolls have far better racials than Kul Tirans right now, although we assume Regeneratin' Regeneratin' might get nerfed in future 8.1.5 builds.

Here are the new Allied Races racials as of Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938:

Kul Tiran Human Racials

• Haymaker Haymaker - Wind up, then unleash your might upon your foe, dealing 66 Physical damage, stunning for 3 sec sec, and knocking them back substantially. (6 yd range, 1 sec cast, 2.5 min cooldown)
  • Brush It Off Brush It Off - Increases Versatility by 1%. When you take damage, heal for 2% of that amount over 4 sec.
  • Child of the Sea Child of the Sea - Hold your breath for 50% longer and swim 10% faster.
  • Jack of All Trades Jack of All Trades - Increases all Tradeskills by 5.
  • Rime of the Ancient Mariner Rime of the Ancient Mariner - Reduces Frost and Nature damage taken by 1%.

Zandalari Troll Racials

• Embrace of the Loa Embrace of the Loa - Choose your Loa to gain a powerful effect. Implementation of the racial is not yet finalized and choosing an "aura" has a cooldown of 25 days on PTR:
    • Embrace of Akunda Embrace of Akunda - Your healing abilities have a chance to heal their target for [ Greater of {400% of Spell Power} or {400% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] (Instant, 2 procs per minute)
    • Embrace of Bwonsamdi Embrace of Bwonsamdi - Your damaging abilities have a chance to deal [ Greater of {66% of Spell Power} or {66% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] Shadow damage and heal you for 100% of the damage done. (Instant, 3 procs per minute)
    • Embrace of Gonk Embrace of Gonk - Increase movement speed by 5%. (Instant)
    • Embrace of Kimbul Embrace of Kimbul - Your damaging abilities have a chance to cause the target to bleed for [ Greater of {66% of Spell Power} or {66% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} * 3 ] over 6 sec. This effect stacks up to 3 times. (Instant, 2 procs per minute)
    • Embrace of Krag'wa Embrace of Krag'wa - Taking damage has a chance to grant you [ Greater of {300% of Spell Power} or {300% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] additional Health and [ Greater of {50% of Spell Power} or {50% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] Armor. (Instant, 1 proc per minute)
    • Embrace of Paku Embrace of Paku - Your abilities have a chance to grant you 5% critical strike until cancelled. (Instant, 1 proc per minute)
  • Pterrordax Swoop Pterrordax Swoop - Reduces your falling speed for 2 min. (Instant, 15 min cooldown)
  • Regeneratin' Regeneratin' - Regenerate 25% of your maximum health every 1 sec. (Channeled, 1.5 min cooldown)
  • City of Gold City of Gold - Increases gold earned from creatures by 2%.

H A Y M A K E R   P L A Y M A K E R

I was already hyped to play Kul Tiran Humans, but this made me even more excited.

But as I'm not surprised, the Zandalari has OP racials, typical.

Edited by Valhalen
  • Like 2

I anyways wanted to racechange my main into Kultiran, no matter the racials.

but i really love those skills now. Espicially looking forward to knock hordes off the cliffs 🙂

Edited by Lawrenz

4 sec. channel for "Regeneratin'" makes it rather useless in combat, when they can be interrupted, knocked back or stunned. Interesting how often "Brush it off" is going to trigger, might be either pretty good or useless. Zandalari seems pretty strong with how they can switch one of their racials, no other races had anything like this so far.

• Thanks 1

x / accidental quote / cant delete

Edited by Lawrenz

11 minutes ago, Arcling said:

4 sec. channel for "Regeneratin'" makes it rather useless in combat, when they can be interrupted, knocked back or stunned.

Zandalari are also gonna be Paladins. So it's gonna be Bubble + free Lay On Hands every time you fight one, As if paladins weren't annoying enough

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Steveson said:

Zandalari are also gonna be Paladins. So it's gonna be Bubble + free Lay On Hands every time you fight one, As if paladins weren't annoying enough

Good point, didn't think about specific class. If it works inside of the bubble, good luck with trying to solo kill a paladin (even worse in prot spec, since it scales with % hp, enemy player might as well go to sleep while lone dps is trying to kill him). 😵 

6 minutes ago, Arcling said:

Good point, didn't think about specific class. If it works inside of the bubble, good luck with trying to solo kill a paladin (even worse in prot spec, since it scales with % hp, enemy player might as well go to sleep while lone dps is trying to kill him). 😵

Then cast Loa's blessing on himself, snap fingers and erase that lone monk from the existense. 

2 hours ago, Steveson said:

Yup and to add insult to injure Trolls god dam trolls can be paladins but HUMAN Kul Tiran nooo.. that would not make sense is not like humans invented the paladin class sometimes i believe blizz devs just gets high and come up with this /facepalm   decisions.

20 minutes ago, Antimagic said:

Yup and to add insult to injure Trolls god dam trolls can be paladins but HUMAN Kul Tiran nooo.. that would not make sense is not like humans invented the paladin class sometimes i believe blizz devs just gets high and come up with this /facepalm   decisions.

There really isnt any lore for the Kul Tiran paladin.  They worship the sea.

I can totally see where bliz comes from here.

Kul Tirans are more animistic and druidic in their beliefs, while priests still exist there (mostly related to Tidesages), there is no paladin order. Similar case with Gilneas, which is more druidic, what they call "the old ways" and their relative isolation, likely not a good place for Silver Hand either. Also, Kul Tiras was founded by sailors from Gilneas.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Arcling said:

4 sec. channel for "Regeneratin'" makes it rather useless in combat, when they can be interrupted, knocked back or stunned. Interesting how often "Brush it off" is going to trigger, might be either pretty good or useless. Zandalari seems pretty strong with how they can switch one of their racials, no other races had anything like this so far.

Zandalari Brew Master Monk. Just... Wow... Ring, channel, full heal. Or Prot Paladin with their bubble/taunt talent, channel. Or any DPS that can stand out and do it.

Frankly I'll be absolutely amazed if it makes it to live like this. I'm not one to buy into the "OP Racials" Alliance salt but here? They'd have a point.