Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Arcane Mage PvP

On 2/27/2019 at 6:01 AM, Guest yellowduck said:

This should be changed to Blood Lust instead of Berserking

Capture.PNG

We'll get that fixed, thanks!

Guest Cobalt314

You say that Memory of Lucid Dreams refunds Arcane Charges, but it actually refunds mana. There are multiple places in the guide where the rotation relies on this misreading of the effect, so I would fix that as soon as possible.

On 7/15/2019 at 9:07 PM, Guest Cobalt314 said:

You say that Memory of Lucid Dreams refunds Arcane Charges, but it actually refunds mana. There are multiple places in the guide where the rotation relies on this misreading of the effect, so I would fix that as soon as possible.

I've let Mys know, sorry about that!

Guest Candyymann

Arcane Power is on a 2m cd, not a 3m cd. Not sure where yall got that info but it has never been the case and a lot of your info revolves around not taking certain talents like ROP because of the false statement that its on a 3m cd, which isnt the case.

Hey, I believe it used to be a 3 minute CD going into SL. Since, it has been reverted and moved back to 2m, and this will be updated ASAP to reflect this knowledge. Thanks for letting me know!

Guest Afro

In the rotation section it incorrectly states this, Arcane explosion only gives one Arcane Charge per cast regardless of enemies hit. There is a talent that gives it a 50% chance to give 2 Charges if you hit 2 or more enemies, but the wording in the post is incorrect talented or not.

• Arcane Explosion Icon Arcane Explosion generates 1 Arcane Charge for each enemy that it hits. You should use this if the enemy team has pets or if they are stacked.

12 hours ago, Guest Afro said:

In the rotation section it incorrectly states this, Arcane explosion only gives one Arcane Charge per cast regardless of enemies hit. There is a talent that gives it a 50% chance to give 2 Charges if you hit 2 or more enemies, but the wording in the post is incorrect talented or not.

• Arcane Explosion Icon Arcane Explosion generates 1 Arcane Charge for each enemy that it hits. You should use this if the enemy team has pets or if they are stacked.

Hey There, appreciate the feed back and I'll get this fixed asap. I believe it used to generate 1 arcane charge for each enemy now it is regardless of if the ability hits anything. Thank you again!

Guest Entropique

If you skip evocation, you can take arcane bombardment and arcane harmony. Spec really hard into clearcasting and arcane missiles and you get a lot of opportunity for chain arcane missiles. I think the highest chain I've gotten is 5 in a row. 

I open with both stacks of orbs to get full arcane charge, pop nether tempest, then spam arcane blast for damage. Use clearcasting procs to stack arcane harmony and dump barrage with full stacks for extra damage. If they have less than 35% and you have full stacks, even more execute potential thanks to arcane bombardment. For mana, this is very dependent on arcane surge, but you also get mana adept, which helps keep your mana up. 

Personally I haven't had much trouble with maintaining mana. For BGs this is especially strong because if you're allowed to free cast you can pump so much single target it is overwhelming. 

My current talent build is B4DAHVkVsxxZrVqBmAzlSR2f7jkAQCIFJJRBISSLJHASoBSJAAAAAAAAAAAASSSikIhkkA

I change up the class tree as I need to for pvp. I'm experimenting with this but so far it seems insane. 

On 11/22/2022 at 7:07 PM, Guest Entropique said:

If you skip evocation, you can take arcane bombardment and arcane harmony. Spec really hard into clearcasting and arcane missiles and you get a lot of opportunity for chain arcane missiles. I think the highest chain I've gotten is 5 in a row. 

I open with both stacks of orbs to get full arcane charge, pop nether tempest, then spam arcane blast for damage. Use clearcasting procs to stack arcane harmony and dump barrage with full stacks for extra damage. If they have less than 35% and you have full stacks, even more execute potential thanks to arcane bombardment. For mana, this is very dependent on arcane surge, but you also get mana adept, which helps keep your mana up. 

Personally I haven't had much trouble with maintaining mana. For BGs this is especially strong because if you're allowed to free cast you can pump so much single target it is overwhelming. 

My current talent build is B4DAHVkVsxxZrVqBmAzlSR2f7jkAQCIFJJRBISSLJHASoBSJAAAAAAAAAAAASSSikIhkkA

I change up the class tree as I need to for pvp. I'm experimenting with this but so far it seems insane. 

I agree, whenever you're not able to use mana dropping Evocation for Bombardment + Harmony is super strong, Typically, Evocation has some nice uses though, but it is a bit situational, realistically, these talent trees are designed to be altered and changed slightly based on what form of content you're playing, In the next coming update, I believe i'll be making the swap from Evocation to Bombardment and Harmony. Thanks so much!

Guest fix

Note: it is essential to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will increase your Agility and Stamina, as well as reducing the

i guess mages use Agility now lol 

Guest pogchampion

"As a Frost Mage, typically, you will want to use Insignia for the additional Haste with the Intellect procs." who wrote this piece of garbage. this it just a copy paste from other classes / specs.